Darts Buddy

Mental attitude so Important when playing to win
We all talk about darts and mechanics however IMO mental attitude to playing winning darts is just if not more important. I have touched on this subject before but lets refresh a bit. If playing from behind some players just give up. You've seen a decent player get behind say 100 points or more and never catch up even though his or her opponent gives them plenty of opportunity. The behind player will shake their head or curse after throwing poorly when they have the op to close or go a head. The shooter will not show this emotion but will focus more for his or her's next turn. A shooter never gives up and many times will pull the game out.
Have you seen a guy get down to an out and then can't hit it for love nor money but his opponent who was way back didn't focus during the earlier rounds making the best of his turn. All of a sudden the way back player starts hitting because he now sees a chance right. The way ahead player now is down to say d-4 and the way back guy is at say 78 but should have been shooting at tops or double 16. Yeah you've seen it, the guy wins hitting d-4 but the way back player should have actually won the game if only when he was way back had focused more instead of throwing lackadaisically.
Focus,focus,focus no matter the throw or score. Thats my take.
Spot on
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great post. I used to be that guy when I first started. If I fell far behind or I lost a game, my head would drop instantly. Totally the wrong thing to do! The old saying "scores for show, doubles for dough" is so spot on. You could be hitting ton plus scores all night but you're not going to win unless you hit that double. Never give up!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ryan so you have been there and know what I'm talking about. So guys please don't waste darts, that turn when you are 200 behind could actually be the winning turn!!
(09-26-2015, 05:05 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Ryan so you have been there and know what I'm talking about. So guys please don't waste darts, that turn when you are 200 behind could actually be the winning turn!!

I think a lot of it boils down to confidence as well. When I first started playing in a league, I would get the shakes something rotten which I never did In a regular match with mates. There was no reason for it but I couldn't control it. It would really destroy my game. So yeah, darts is 90% mental and your own worst enemy can be yourself.
Yup,well said. As Yogi Berra said "It ain't over till it's over"

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(09-26-2015, 06:36 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 05:05 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Ryan so you have been there and know what I'm talking about. So guys please don't waste darts, that turn when you are 200 behind could actually be the winning turn!!

I think a lot of it boils down to confidence as well. When I first started playing in a league, I would get the shakes something rotten which I never did In a regular match with mates. There was no reason for it but I couldn't control it. It would really destroy my game. So yeah, darts is 90% mental and your own worst enemy can be yourself.

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur
Of what is known as
DARTLIFE!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Continuing the Yogi Berra ((RIP) theme...

" Baseball (DARTS) is 90% mental, and the other half is physical"

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I had an incident in league 1-1 ( first to 2 wins) and way behind
I had 204 left opponent was on 96
I step up banged in a 180 to leave 24

Opponent steps up 1st dart t20 second just inside the s18 3rd dart misses d9

Instantly I knew the pressure got him and I finished the 24 to win the match
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

(09-27-2015, 06:15 PM)Spartan Wrote: I had an incident in league 1-1 ( first to 2 wins) and way behind
I had 204 left opponent was on 96
I step up banged in a 180 to leave 24

Opponent steps up 1st dart t20 second just inside the s18 3rd dart misses d9

Instantly I knew the pressure got him and I finished the 24 to win the match
Nice, and thats what I'm talking about.
Most definitely spot on. It's never over until the double is hit and we have all seen it where a player can score heavy and miss doubles so keep plugging away, never give up and you just never know
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

mental attitude so so important. my darts have gone so way down again because my head just aint right at the moment.
https://youtu.be/UAFnQoN2s8w  you only see my hands Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.pinterest.com/claudinetrvds/darts/
(09-29-2015, 12:06 PM)Catalaya Wrote: mental attitude so so important. my darts have gone so way down again because my head just aint right at the moment.

I know exactly what you mean there

Member previously known as Daveheald

I have seen this in many videos. One pro will be down six legs. It looks hopeless. Then the tide turns and that pro will run off six straight and is right back in the game. I have manufactured some good comebacks against my electronic scorer. Never give up until its over, because you never know.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

mental attitude is super important. I can't count how many times I have gone in to a game and thinking I'm going to lose. That's when you start playing mickey mouse darts lol
Highest Checkout's 
170 (T20 T20 Bull)
167 (T20 T19 Bull) 
160 (T20 T20 D20)
140 (T20 T20 D10)
146 (T20 T18 D16)

180's In 2015 (33)
180's In 2016 (6)

Best 501 - 17 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mental focus dartz152 7 1,131 11-06-2017, 02:56 PM