Shot Darts

throwing more then 3 darts
Is anyone doing this or is it just a stupid idea? A friend of mine is about to buy 3 sets of same darts so that he can throw 9 darts in one go. His reasoning is that his arm will loosen up and he will get a better feel for the throw.
not a stupid idea its a good one really, I do it now and then, just to help get some consistency, but I don't advise doing it too long as you can then get in the opposite frame of mind where you get too used to having more than 3 darts.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've done this in the past with no obvious negative results from doing so, but I only used 6 darts. It is a quicker way to warm up for sure and if 1 of the first bunch gets near the treble, it's fun to try to stack them with the other darts.

One of the things I use to do was no matter where the dart landed, I'd try to hit the darts with the rest of them for a close grouping. Of course, it's always nice if the first actually hits the target and go from there.
I have way to many sets of darts ,, just not 3 exact same sets ,,, If your just loosening up do they have to be the same,,,?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That goes well with your regular practice routines re: fundamentals.

BUT if we are dealing with the mental aspect, I would say practicing under the "normal" gaming conditions around is better. Set your mind. If I am preparing for a game in a noisy crowded bar, I have to simulate the environment (at least with music and lighting at home, or practicing in a bar) and get used to all the possible annoyances around.
Your arm will fatigue far sooner. You may mistake this for mental fatigue. That's trouble.

I've tried doing it to test which darts I like better. It works to a point, but not if you can throw either dart fairly well.
I thought about doing this. Means more time throwing and less time collecting but i suppose it could affect you in some unexpected way. Could also get multiple boards!
I have a friend that did this with 6 darts to warm up before league night. Reason being that many venues only had a couple of boards to warm up on and if both teams were there you could a wait a bit for your next warm up shot. This way he sort of got a 2 for 1 with his warm up throws.
I considered doing it with 6 darts. The one negative effect I could foresee is getting in a rythem with 6 darts then having to use 3 in competition.
Rubbish .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I have tried this and i cant do it. I cant keep complete focus when throwing 6 datrts.
I have two sets of the same darts and do this and it helps to really get focused on the targets. Also it helps with your stroke and rhythm, throw each dart as if it will be the game winner.

To hit doubles and trebles, you need to see yourself hitting doubles and trebles.

The only effect this should have is better focus and stroke when only throwing 3 darts...

Here is a thread I started on this topic "Practicing Doubles And Trebles"..... https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/usercp.php
I just picked up 2 sets of identical darts but hadn't really considered throwing them all in one go. I'd do it for a round the clock warm up or anything that requires separate targets.
(09-29-2015, 10:18 AM)Black Dog Wrote: I have two sets of the same darts and do this and it helps to really get focused on the targets. Also it helps with your stroke and rhythm, throw each dart as if it will be the game winner.

To hit doubles and trebles, you need to see yourself hitting doubles and trebles.

The only effect this should have is better focus and stroke when only throwing 3 darts...

Here is a thread I started on this topic "Practicing Doubles And Trebles"..... https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/usercp.php
Your link doesn't work.