Darts Buddy

God Speed Keita Ono 17g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pTLi-_7zPM

This is another set of darts from Japanese company God Speed. These are the Keita Ono 17g players model. Your can check them out on the GS site here: Keita Ono

They are 90% tungsten and retail around 10,500 YEN which is roughly around £56.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The packaging on these is a bit different to the last God Speed darts I reviewed. These come in a cardboard box with a slide out tray which has a dense foam insert holding the barrels fitted with soft tip points, a set of short nylon stems and a set of standard GS flights, quite stylishly done all told:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a simple but pleasing profile and the grip is quite clever in that it start off smooth at the front and gradually increases in grip as it runs towards the rear. The lateral grooves along the barrel help to add some extra grip. I would say at its grippiest it is a high medium on the rear.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

All three barrels were exactly matched, so perfect! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With just the soft tips attached the balance is slightly towards the front:

With the full set up the balance moves just about to the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

As the barrels are only short my normal front grip is pretty much around the centre with these, just a little front of centre maybe but it felt nicely balanced there although again it looks as if they are mainly made for a rear gripper:

BARRELS IN REVERSE SET UP:

CONCLUSIONS:

These are a rather nice dart on the whole. They feel a bit like a Goldilocks dart to me, everything seems to be just about right, the shape, the weight the grip it all seems to fit together nicely to make a very nice dart.

I was surprised at how much I liked these really, they felt easy to throw and suited my grip well and I found I was hitting a fair amount of bulls with them. Although once again they look to made mainly for rear grippers, the shortness of the barrel means I can get on with them but the shape of the barrel was also comfortable enough where I was gripping it and there was just the right amount of grip on the thin cut rings too.

Still it will more than likely suit a rear gripper even more and the grip gets a bit stronger on the rear too.

But I was very happy with how it flew with my grip and the darts seemed very nicely balanced around that centre grip, so very please with these darts!

Quality is very good and packaging was nice and neat too, if you don't need too long a barrel then these are well worth trying out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY:

Summary:

Looks: 7.5 (nice profile and grip)
Grip: 8 for the rear section (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (perfect)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8 (Its not too bad compared to most Asian soft tips, still would be nice if it were cheaper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Suitability for me: 9 (seemed very nice to throw and just felt right)

Best Feature: Great all round Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top stuff again. The weight matching doesn't get better than that.

Best bit of the review: Goldilocks dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

lol cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review and darts, Darren! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I find that many of the higher-end Japanese brands have match-weighed barrels, even for some of lower-end models.

These were on my radar for some time. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Chris Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I want those Darren! Dibs before Titan sees them.
I would Edgar but they work rather well for me so will likely keep them. After playing with them more I dont think I have hit as many bullseyes with any other soft tips as I have with these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Keita Ono Solo Gen 2 Limited Edition Steel Tip Darts Unboxing Getagrip 17 2,299 08-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Poidisb
  Target Keita Ono Solo limited edition steeltip review joeriw96 23 4,867 02-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Cooper84
  God Speed Marvelous 15.5g darts review Getagrip 15 11,014 08-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Pundy79