Shot Darts

consistent but not accurate
Hi guys, recently what I have found when playing darts is that when I've thrown my three darts, they are all touching and are consistent but usually in 1 or 5. When I try to get them accurate they are where I want them to be very far apart.
For example l, 1 will be in the 60 and the others will be in 5.

Is there a way to improve my accuracy without losing my consistency. I have tried moving over and it doesn't work.
Started playing Oct 20 Progress14
Darts use James Wade Phase 2
First year 180s- 26
This Years Target- 50     Progress-7
Highest Checkout- 149 (practice)  124 (match)
Best leg- 10 (practice) 15 (match)

FOLLOW MY TWITTER- @ThomasEd180
How long have you been playing?
Hi Thomas,

I would look at the obvious things first such as are you throwing from the exact same spot on the oche each time?
Or are you moving your elbow out from your body slightly instead of trying to keep it as vertical as possible?

Is your wrist or arm moving perhaps on your release?

The fact that your grouping is good is a big plus for your style so but as we are all different these suggestions may not be beneficial all I'll say is that IMO it's not a huge problem.

You could also try putting some thin cord vertically down through the centre of the board to help you visually line up your aim.

Good luck
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Check out Flight School. A lot of good accuracy exercises.

Good Luck,

Pat
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consistent inconsistency? Dorian 32 6,630 10-17-2020, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dutcho
  Inconsistently consistent BullShot 3 233 07-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Developing a consistent throw Roberts7286 4 3,328 01-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: JDinMD
  Regarding consistent grip JayPro 1 1,109 05-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy