Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Bottelsen GT without threaded shafts?
So I snagged a lot on the bay and it contained some Bottelsen what I thought were GTs. However the shafts aren't threaded and they are just press fit.

Is it possible previous owner stripped the threads and just made press fit work or did they release some that were press fit?

I've Googled some queries and am struggling to find an answer. The shafts on these are kinda beat and I would like to snag some replacements.

And why on earth do these barrels (tungsten) smell like anhydrous? Lol is that normal?

Thanks!
Are they like these? GT Shafts I don't think the older ones had the set screw, at least the set I had didn't. Let me look thru my parts box.

Pat
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

Can you post some pics as I am likewise intrigued by those. They stayed long in the storage probably that's why they smell a little bit "funky". Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Found some of the old style.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Pat

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

Pat, that is them. Except mine have a stepped area and they don't go in fully...

Where can a guy buy those? Only ones I am finding is the set screw ones.

And majeek....this smell is funking up my office...it's righteous. I've cleaned them with alcohol...gonna hope a good airing out does the trick. Lol
Try contacting them direct, they might have some lying around. You could also try F&C Dart Supply 3402 Glenmore Ave
Cincinnati, Ohio (513) 681-1298 they have been a dealer for 30+ yrs. might also have some old stock.

Good Luck,

Pat

P.S.

I'd offer you these, but they are 30 yrs old and pretty ragged too.
Lol - I use ultrasonic cleaner on those. The ones they use to clean jewelries.

Anyway, I wonder what if you cut some aluminum stems taking out the threaded base - would they fit in? Or a sturdy straw or coffee stirrer with spare Alamo tops? Or improvised wire shafts by sticking four wires in it fastened by a rubber o-ring?

I would invent a remedy if I were you than investing more money for those. Not unless they fly so good regardless of the scent. Lol!!!

Goodluck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bottelsen-Gt3-F...43e2a15793
ncddarts, Bottleson did have some darts that had press fit shafts. I've seen some at tournaments. Not sure if they still make them
Yes i have a set of "Ooh,,,,aah!" darts

I talked to Machinist friend about cutting threads on these and was told their was not enough material there for 2ba threads ,,,, Isn't there some smaller threaded shafts out there ,,,??

As you can see I located some replacement shafts,,, actually rubber inserts with stems and flight holders,,,these do not spin like the original flight holders,,, they work great for a medium length stem ,, For me I like shorter ,,I think I could cut the steel wire part and use the shorter piece of rubber to make short stems out of them,,,

To be honest I had put these darts away and pretty much gave up on them till I read this thread ,,,

PS The spinning flight holders spin because they have been used ,,, the stem inside the tubing spins ,, the new stems are just tight being new,,,,
As it is, I have a couple 3D printers and a nice Emco austrian lathe. And a good friend who is a machinist so I'm already on the case of trying to work out some replacements.

Majeek thanks for the heads up, coffee stirrers ad modifying available shafts was my first instinct once I pulled these out and looked at them.

Oldjoblo those are some nice darts! And I believe the other odd thread is M3 perhaps? I've seen them on a couple dart websites. Could it be as simple as M3 means literally M3 thread? IDK....but I think I'll try to find out. I've got a myriad of screws from my finger skateboarding business so I'll see if I got anything close that could work to thread the shafts with.
Try playing around with these toys.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=14348
I might have set or two hanging around. I'll check tonight.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
It sounds like I have same darts,hopefully after this post I can see your pics to compare
(09-17-2015, 10:50 PM)ncddarts Wrote: Pat, that is them.  Except mine have a stepped area and they don't go in fully...

Where can a guy buy those?  Only ones I am finding is the set screw ones.

And majeek....this smell is funking up my office...it's righteous.  I've cleaned them with alcohol...gonna hope a good airing out does the trick.  Lol

I have a Set I will send you. PM me your Address and I will send them tomorrow.

Mugs Away  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bret
Dart Teams: Nighthawks 13 time FWDA City Champions and 14 time MDA City Champions.
Current Team: Tonnage 2 time FWDA City Champions

https://s1228.photobucket.com/user/bret1...t=3&page=1

Current Darts: 
Back Up:
So the rubber insert and shafts are no longer available for the gts?