Shot Darts

Harrows flight punch review
Yep, another review today! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So I decided to decommission my Whizlock punch. And I replaced it with this:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Indeed, I have a proper punch. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Here it is in comparison to the thing it's replacing:

Of course, I need to test this. And my test mules? Some Deta Hedman Target flights I got from JayKay! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So to use this, you line it up with the markers, and it's a pretty solid hold!

Then bam! One punched flight. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Actually, make that three...

So once you've punched the flight, you need rings. I got them too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dart-stem combo I would use to test:

Here they are fitted!

They stay on nice too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And as an alternate test, the Softflex spings with a thicker flight:

Overall, these get a 9/10 from me! Really nice product that works well. Better than that accursed Whizlock punch for sure! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Nice review....
Great tool. One of the best investment you'll make as a dart player in my opinion.
Almost identical to the Target flight punch, which is the one I own .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Yep you did good thanks for the review +1
(09-16-2015, 08:03 PM)The G Wrote: Nice review....
Great tool. One of the best investment you'll make as a dart player in my opinion.
Almost identical to the Target flight punch, which is the one I own .

Totally agree, mine is a Bulls one but I think all those white one are identical.

+1 for the review.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Yep I use the same punch and Target Titanium Rings ,, can't beat it,,,,,
A mod I carried out on my Harrows punch.When I received it new the punching action was notchy I found it was causedby the small plastic piece on top of the punch die binding slightly under the top handle a TINY amount of light oil ( sewing machine ) applied with a Qtip to the underside of the handle where the plastic touches will improve the action by a good amount.
Good little tools to have, nice one mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review! Although what is wrong with the whizlock punch? I love my whizlock and would never think about replacing it with a ring punch...
Nice review Josh! +1
Might have to get one, everytime a flight pops off my cat steals it and when I find it back it's all chewed up lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
On the wish list
Nice review! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good review and if anybody has doubts about the punch I think you showed the results well
thanks and nice pics as well
That's a nice little review, cheers
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(09-17-2015, 09:02 AM)Little al Wrote: A mod I carried out on my Harrows punch.When I received it new the punching action was notchy I found it was causedby the small plastic piece on top of the punch die binding slightly under the top handle a TINY amount of light oil ( sewing machine ) applied with a Qtip to the underside of the handle where the plastic touches will improve the action by a good amount.

Same here,,, The white plastic part actually popped out,,,was a bugger to get back in,,,,,I found that when I punch the flight I must pay attention not to go to far down,,,,just enough to punch but not all the way down,,, it will hang up at the very bottom of the punch,,,,

Anyone have the Target brand ring punch or other than Harrows ,,,, I am curious if all these style punches have the small plastic tophat piece under the lever,,,?
A had once a Target Puncher, they have also a similar plastic piece at the top - and i had the same issue.

I have also the 2 Fabusis and the half size one is so truncated (hope that is the word^^), so the cut-out must be ripped off with a screwdriver by force.

So you see - expensive means not always better
Greetings from Cologne, Germany

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Flight Pod Review Getagrip 25 658 01-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  Cuesoul Rost Flight System Product Update Review Getagrip 4 160 12-04-2020, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Prima Darts Case Review Getagrip 5 187 12-03-2020, 03:05 PM
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Product Updates Review Getagrip 2 117 11-30-2020, 07:06 PM
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review and an idea for Cuesoul atison 7 519 06-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: erajd
  Harrows Apex Points Review Getagrip 31 2,051 04-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: FSlater
  Cosmo Fit Flight System review Getagrip 124 85,752 03-15-2020, 12:31 PM
  Harrows Imperial Darts Case Review Getagrip 8 964 01-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Mission Darts F Lock Pro Flight Punch Review Getagrip 7 821 12-09-2019, 07:24 PM
  Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review Getagrip 29 4,900 11-30-2019, 05:20 PM