Harrows Darts.

Dartboard Silencer
Hey Nutz, I remember seeing a member post about a tip on how to make your dartboard quieter when using it. I can't find the post and forgot what the trick was lol. I believe the person had an Arachnid 800, which is the board I have. Can someone help me out?
-Titan
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
This thread?

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=13337
The thread only deals with soft tip, I doubt there's much you can do with a steel tip board. Maybe pad the gap at the back so the wall gives less of an echo.
Years ago they pioneered a clay board but players wanted to hear the thump of the darts and didn't like the idea of how the clay could move, so they went to bristle.
Playing since: 2003
180's: 32 (2016) 55 (2017) 94 (2018) 36 (2019 - So far)
Highest checkout: 170
Darts Used: 23g XQMax MVG Originals
Best 501: 11 Darts. Best 301: 8 Darts
Favourite Players: Taylor, Wright, King, Lowe, Lloyd
(09-16-2015, 10:48 AM)Mark Wrote: The thread only deals with soft tip, I doubt there's much you can do with a steel tip board. Maybe pad the gap at the back so the wall gives less of an echo.
Years ago they pioneered a clay board but players wanted to hear the thump of the darts and didn't like the idea of how the clay could move, so they went to bristle.

The Arachnid 800 which the OP has is a soft tip board, not steel tip
(09-16-2015, 11:02 AM)mc1958 Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 10:48 AM)Mark Wrote: The thread only deals with soft tip, I doubt there's much you can do with a steel tip board. Maybe pad the gap at the back so the wall gives less of an echo.

The Arachnid 800 which the OP has is a soft tip board, not steel tip

Ahh, thanks for the info, I didn't realise soft tip was that loud. I've only ever seen one soft tip board in 30 years.
Playing since: 2003
180's: 32 (2016) 55 (2017) 94 (2018) 36 (2019 - So far)
Highest checkout: 170
Darts Used: 23g XQMax MVG Originals
Best 501: 11 Darts. Best 301: 8 Darts
Favourite Players: Taylor, Wright, King, Lowe, Lloyd
Soft tip boards make a horrible noise lol - I've got a cheap one hanging in my flat and I only use it occasionally if I know the neighbours aren't in as it's so loud lol
Yes that was it MC! Thank you +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Maybe I'll try and do a video review of how loud it is, and then once I try the silencer thing I'll do a after review
TITAN
Does the sound dampening affect bounce outs? My board bounces out my darts all the time. the cheap darts that came with the board almost never bounce out. I think its a rebound issue
no. if your having a lot of bounce outs its probably your board. the ones that come with it are probably sticking better because they are lighter than normal darts
TITAN
Put a sign "Please be quiet!". Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-16-2015, 01:11 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Soft tip boards make a horrible noise lol - I've got a cheap one hanging in my flat and I only use it occasionally if I know the neighbours aren't in as it's so loud lol

it is probably the same as mine...its thin,squarelike and the brand is HALEX;;;anyways stilll thankful to my cousin who sent this for me as a gift as it is my first electronic soft tip board... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Mine's a Fat Cat 727. Didn't know there was a difference between 13" and 15.5" when i bought it
Add some 2mm neoprene layers to my board.

Makes it super quiet.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-05-2015, 05:24 PM)huckduck Wrote: Does the sound dampening affect bounce outs? My board bounces out my darts all the time. the cheap darts that came with the board almost never bounce out. I think its a rebound issue
Experiment with different tips. Some work better than others on home boards. 
Some boards are just louder than others. The Arachnid 800 was just annoying. The Vdarts board I have is much quieter.