Target Darts.

understack or overstack
Which do you prefer? Or do you take the cover shot instead?

Does it relate to your throwing style/height?

Cheers!

P.S. I prefer to overstack: I am 6'2".
im a tall guy(6ft 2) and i dont mind either, i can do both but i like to use all parts of the board also (19/18/17s) as covers
my darts land flat so that may aid me
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm 6ft and I prefer to over stack. I prefer to use 18 as cover shot, since it's almost online with the T20, (well, less of switch than going to 19's) and I hit far more T18's than I do T19's.
Twitter - @OH_THAT_DAVE

Instagram - @OH_THAT_DAVE
My darts land flat so for me it's over stack or switch
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(09-13-2015, 09:11 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: My darts land flat so for me it's over stack or switch

Yeah, the way the darts land matters too. I don't know too many people whose darts land like Adrian Lewis'. Mine are pretty flat, so under is pretty much out of the picture.
What do you mean by over vs under? Try and have the dart land just on top of or just under the dart already in the board?
Thread title All I can think about is the wobbles.....
(09-14-2015, 04:31 PM)Stalker Wrote: What do you mean by over vs under? Try and have the dart land just on top of or just under the dart already in the board?

Yes, but the dart in the board helps *guide* the next dart the rest of the way.

Overstacking is piling the darts on top of each other. Understacking is the opposite. Adrian Lewis can under stack, as his darts land seriously tail up.
(09-14-2015, 06:27 PM)BigE Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 04:31 PM)Stalker Wrote: What do you mean by over vs under? Try and have the dart land just on top of or just under the dart already in the board?

Yes, but the dart in the board helps *guide* the next dart the rest of the way.

Overstacking is piling the darts on top of each other. Understacking is the opposite. Adrian Lewis can under stack, as his darts land seriously tail up.

Thanks.

I normally try and over stack. I think of it a sitting my dart on top of the dart already in the board. I have a kind of soft lobby type of throw and going under is very hard for me to do.
Understack for sure. My darts stick in the board tail up.

I'm 6'4"

I prefer to overstack as my darts land flat in the board. I'm (only) 5 foot 6 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. lol so i can understack if the lie is favourable, but I much prefer to set the dart on top of one already in the board
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I'm the same as ElusiveDouble on this one. I overstack as well with my darts laying flat most of the time. If I snap my wrist when I release (usually not on purpose lol) instead of a smooth follow through then my darts will lay tail up, then I can understack at that point.
Does what you are shooting at make a difference? I mean if you go at D20, and aim top wire, can you understack? I can't. Clear shot only.
Understack, and I'm 5"8 lol. But if I'm not "feeling it" I don't mind switching to the 19/18s, whatever my gut is telling me to go to.
I just throw and hope Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album