Target Darts.

Alcohol or not?
Hi all. Probably an often asked question but how many of you have a pint of beer or lager and how many before a game? I was last on in a league match Friday night, seventh match all best of 3 legs and had drunk about 6 pints by then. Probably adversely affected my darts as I find 3or 4 is about the right amount for me. Not making excuses as I won anyway.

And what pro darts players don't drink before a game? I daresay there are a few now?
Always buy the opposing team several rounds.... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.:dodgy:
I play in a league where several rounds is their idea of "Warming up"...lol
Im about the same, I prefer 3 or 4 pints down me before I play ideally - I have played Knock Outs where I have had a lot more and cant remember playing but to be honest, these days I just enjoy playing and if I am too drunk when I go on, at least I have had a good night - and no one has ever pulled me to say I play any worse when Im on the sauce Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I dont go out weekends due to family and work commitments and so darts night is me only night out so I try and make the most of it :barman:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm in that 2-3 pints or 2 cocktails before a league match, when I was still playing league. Then it was just a couple more as the match progressed.

Now that I just play pick-up games in a neighborhood bar or against one of my former teammates and friends at my home, I tend to drink a bit more as the session progresses. Then again, I'm also throwing more and not sitting around waiting my turn to play like in league matches. Plus, I'm already home or within walking distance and there's no need to drive, so if I have a few too many, no problem except negotiating my steps to get back upstairs. LOL

I find the lower league players tend to treat league night as another excuse to get slammed and the players in a higher division tend to not drink as much.

As for the pros, I hear Andy Fordham was like a bottomless pit for pints when he was on the PDC tour and it didn't seem to affect his darts. It wrecked his health, but his darts were pretty good.
My experience as a "Rock Guitar God" from the 80's helped fuel the fire for my bad habits for the next decade or so ,,,,,,When my daughter was born in '93,,,my whole world changed,,,I Quit drinking and took up darts,,,,,,,,
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have no more than 2 pints before I play a league match. Any more than that and my game goes to hell. Just the two to settle the nerves. Once the match is over and we're just throwing for fun then I have a few more when the lads.
Twitter - @OH_THAT_DAVE

Instagram - @OH_THAT_DAVE
I start with a ceremonial shot of Tequila after which I control my succeeding beer consumption. Definitely it should be in moderation.
3-4 pints before I play is just right. Any more and I can't get near my target. But for me too it's my only night out a week so anything goes once I finished my match lol
I have always enjoyed a whiskey or 2 but most pubs only sell the 'El Cheapo' type so recently I've switched to drinking pints.

And this is what I found.....

After 2 I'm right for the night Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After 3 I'm dying to P Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After 4 my darts seem to veer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
After 5 I aim for a 20 but get nowhere near :s
After 6 my darts REALLY SUCK Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
But then after 7....I couldn't give a damn Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

tricky call my sweet spot is 3-4 pints. i will do one game completely dry this season and report back.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
I try not to have any more than 2 or 3 pints before I play. After my match is over I'll have a few more with the lads. Some people can throw just as well when drunk, but I am not one of those so I do limit my alcohol consumption at least until my match is over
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Either sober ( < 2 pints ) or drunk ( > 10 ).

No in-between.
About two pints for the night. Maybe three if we are playing close enough to walk. If I have to drive to and from a match, maybe one, two with food. I don't screw around with drinking and driving.
I, myself, wouldn't drink pre-match. This could possibly be due to the fact I don't drink anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alcohol Grinder 16 508 06-18-2021, 11:29 PM
Last Post: nixer55