Shot Darts

TITAN REVIEWS - Monster Soldier No.5 18g
Hello Nutz! Welcome to the first of many TITANNN REVIEWSSSS! Up 1st, if you hadn't already guessed from the teaser I posted earlier, is the Monster Soldier No.5 18g 90% tungsten darts inspired by Monster's Leonard 'The Soldier' Gates.

Up First, we'll start with a close up pic of the barrels. They are beautiful darts. They are very thin and long for a Monster dart:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight and Setup:
Barrel 1 - 16.70g
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Barrel 1 with no.5 tip - 16.89
Barrel 1 full setup - 18.67g
Barrel 2 - 16.66g
Barrel 2 with no.5 tip - 16.85g
Barrel 2 full setup - 18.66g
Barrel 3 - 16.71g
Barrel 3 with no.5 tip - 16.90g
Barrel 3 full setup - 18.70g

-The No.5 points weigh about 0.19g each.

-I use The shaft and flight I currently use on my Soldiers are L-Style Carbon 260(intermediate) shafts with L-Style Black Kite flights with L-Style metal caps with a total weight of 1.80g.

Length, Width, and Description:
-These beauties come in at a whopping 52.04mm long and 6.01mm thin. Pretty long for a soft tip dart but they fly nice with the right setup. I broke the dart up into 3 different sections. The rear of the barrel consists of 24.96mm of micro shark grip. To me, its the perfect amount and size for a great grip. The mid section is the smooth dip/scallop that is on a lot of Monster's new darts. It is 6.08mm long.

-I split the dart up into 3 different sections. The rear of the barrel consists of a 2.10mm smooth section and then a quite lengthy 24.96mm of micro shark grip. For me, this section is a little too long. I would rather it be cut in half and the mid section be farther to the rear. But, the shark grip feels great. Its the perfect size shark grip and feels great, not aggressive at all. The rear of the barrel is 2BA threading for standard size shafts, and is drilled out 20.86mm.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

-The mid section is the smooth dip/scallop that is on a lot of Monster's new darts. It is 6.08mm long and 5.62mm thick, the thinnest section on the dart besides the tapered nose and no.5 point.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

-The front of the barrel is 18.07mm long from the end of the scallop to the tip. It consists of dimples circling the barrel, followed by dimpled lines circling the barrel, followed by 4 rings and, then a tapered nose. The nose is 4.5mm thick. It has a No.5 threading and is drilled out 9.56mm deep. (The measurer would not fit all the way in due to the threading, so I used a soft tip tip to show how deep it goes)

-With a no.5 tip on, which are 28.75mm, the barrels comes out to 75.08mm.

-The setup I use is a total of 75.99mm, making the total length of my Soldiers 144.46mm.

-Total Setup

Overall, these are amazing darts. They are long and sleek and if you love a thin barreled dart like One80 Dragons these are the darts for you. The grip is great and so is the balance. I can throw these by gripping the rear or gripping the mid section. They also fly great with no.5 conversion points. Monster darts are great quality darts and the Monster Soldier is a great example of it.

Also, if anyone is thinking about buying the Monster Soldier, I recommend buying the soft tip version and no.5 conversion points because both steel and soft tip versions are 18g total weight. This way you get the best of both worlds.

I hope you guys enjoyed my first review. Many more to come!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Center of Gravity with soft tips versus COG with Titanium Tips?

Cog with varied stem lengths.

Wheeeerrrrreeee are they?

Good review James. Proud of you! But I will still kick you anus for forgetting the CoG thing.
thanks for the tips Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. will add those into it!
TITAN
Nice review mate
may all the doubles be with you

Nice review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
nice one!
Great review Titan! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very nice James + 1
Hows the grip on the front from 1-5?
thanks Larry. The grip on the front from 1-5 I would say its a 3. The dimples are sharp and kind of feels like the cortex grip when running your finger across it lol
TITAN
Great review and pics +1.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

nice looking dart, think I would prefer the mini shark grip at the front too, but they look longer than 52mm!

Nice review James! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Titan. That is a very sleek looking dart
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Great review Titan
thank you everyone Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Man, you had some fun with them Calipers.. Nice one, Cheers. A real Slick looking Barrel there... and also... L-style set-up for the Win.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S7 #12 Reviews: DPC Practice Guide Serial 7hriller 9 3,008 05-29-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  5000th POST! TITAN REVIEW - Target Power 9Five Gen 3 Titan 36 10,334 03-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Dartsfan named BK
  TITAN REVIEWS - Target Adrian Lewis Gen 3 21g Titan 37 16,867 11-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Last Post: HapBilko
  TITAN REVIEWS - Cosmo Dart Case (GREEN) Titan 17 6,239 10-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Last Post: kungfuron
  S7 Reviews #9: Unicorn 21g Joe Cullen Serial 7hriller 11 4,893 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: trekbowl300
  S7 Reviews #6: 25g Target Carrera C3 Serial 7hriller 18 7,263 05-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Viking
  TITAN REVIEWS - Winmau Crisis 22g Titan 20 7,432 12-30-2015, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Chardotz
  TITAN REVIEWS - One80 Revenge 22g Titan 7 5,244 10-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Ben Davison
  TITAN MINI REVIEW - Flight Thickness 100 v 150 v 180 Titan 15 6,526 10-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: atas41
  TITAN REVIEWS - Voks Bomber 18g Soft Tip and Fulcrum Titan 7 3,672 10-02-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Titan