Shot Darts

fit flights, stealth, l style, clic system
Could anyone tell me if any of the above systems are really any better or more durable than the normal flight and nylon shaft set up.
I am improving as a player all the time and my grouping is very good. as a result of this I'm having to use a new set of flights every session, I use 100 micron poly kites and really wanted to know if my game/wallet would improve from any of the above systems.
cheers
Ben.
tridents or storm points will make a set of flights last months
storms dont go with all darts but tridents are cheap and can push right on the points to take away the lip between point and barrel also with out sending darts to be repointed (unless you have a repointer)
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I wouldn't say they are that much more durable, if you have very tight groupings, you will still smash your flights.

I am an avid L-Style product supporter and those by all means are top notch products. Having storm points or tridents will however significantly increase flight life.
I would reccomend getting L-Style stuff but order it in from World Darts Shop in Japan. The prices are cheaper and the range is greater. Yes you might get VAT charged but it is still a lot cheaper.
Walking in a Wolfie and Viking Wonderland!

Currently using 23g Red Dragon Apollo (ex Winmau Fordhams) w/ Intermediate Target Pro Grip and L-Style shape flights
thanks everybody for your advice. I will give the L style a go and look in to new points, which in fairness I need anyway. cheers.
I'm really impressed with my L-style flights, I used to use cheapo 75 flights, and was going through 1-2 sets a week. My L-style Champagne Kites have been on for nearly three months. I use tridents/storms on a spinning L-shaft.

I use the fit airs, with storms, and a very soft transition on my light custom Darts... And I still get tearing at the base of the fin after about 2-3 weeks. I may go back to regular flights as the cosmos are getting stupid expensive. I had regular 75 micron flights last months... Not weeks.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cherrs again everyone, just tried my friends winmau stealth set really liked them, just wish they made them with kites. Tridents are on the way nice simple solution to a problem.
Darts:Unicorn Target Tony o Shea gen2 24g , extra short stems and bristow dimples flight board: Bulls advantage 5.01.
Best 301: 7 darts (twice)
Best 501: 12 darts
Best Checkout: 170 (practice) 170(Match)
League 2015: 
Best leg: 14 Darts
Best checkout: 120.
I use 100 gm flights on Keegan Brown darts.

Without tridents, flights last about 4 days.... 1 week for absolute max.

With tridents, I'm looking at 3 weeks so far and the flights still look new.
Been using Lstyles for a while now. I can go a whole year/season on one set of flights and only really change them when they are really bad.
I believe Getagrip has reviewed all of those systems, definitely check them out. I have tried all but the Stealth, I think I am gonna stick with Cosmo. Robin Hooding is still quite possible with Clic and the flights are tough to get off if you wanna change your set up. The L-Style flights pop off too often and the rattle from the spinners bugs me more than the rattle from Cosmo spinners. I will still keep a couple of L-Style sets to go with my Klaasens if I can find the Klassen Signature flights.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
The updated Clics are much improved I think and I like them, especially the normal thickness stems.

X-flights I have found to be pretty good too.

I still have a knackered set of Condor flights that are all split but they are on a set that I throw now and then and are still throwing well enough lol.

Robson plus flights I liked too.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

New clics are great, hate hate hated the first lot but the newer version are great
(10-09-2016, 04:59 PM)Getagrip Wrote: The updated Clics are much improved I think and I like them, especially the normal thickness stems.

X-flights I have found to be pretty good too.

I still have a knackered set of Condor flights that are all split but they are on a set that I throw now and then and are still throwing well enough lol.

Robson plus flights I liked too.

Would you agree that the top pros in the world tend to play traditional flights and stems?  I'm wondering why that is.  I had been using the fit flights and thought they were pretty good for durability and eliminating the annoying Robin Hoods, but was going to try the L style to see if they were better.  But if the best of all is still the traditional flights and stems I guess I'd guide myself back in that direction.  Can you advise?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Kami Flights vanJupp 27 2,579 05-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Ukic
  New L Style flights Chappers 12 1,194 04-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LCFC180
  Cosmo/stealth/clic Brett Mason 5 442 03-23-2019, 06:00 AM
Last Post: vtec170
  Warped l style flights Ed180 7 848 08-24-2018, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  L Style Flights Bounce Out 11 1,639 05-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out