Unicorn

Trainer dartboard
Whilst browsing the internet I have seen dartboards with thinner doubles and trebles. I was thinking about getting one and was wondering what you all think of them. Are they a waste of time or do they help with hitting doubles on a normal board.
Started playing Oct 20 Progress14
Darts use James Wade Phase 2
First year 180s- 26
This Years Target- 50     Progress-7
Highest Checkout- 149 (practice)  124 (match)
Best leg- 10 (practice) 15 (match)

FOLLOW MY TWITTER- @ThomasEd180
I personally don't care for them to be honest, I want to practice on a regulation board that I play at the pubs or at home. Others may differ but thats my opinion Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-05-2015, 05:05 PM)ThomasEdwards180 Wrote: Whilst browsing the internet I have seen dartboards with thinner doubles and trebles. I was thinking about getting one and was wondering what you all think of them. Are they a waste of time or do they help with hitting doubles on a normal board.

Yeah I bought one too not worth it for the price in my opinion.
Save your money. Gimmick imo
I don't see the point myself. I'm not going to compete on a board that has smaller trebles, so why practice on one?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
My nephew had one and he never uses it, to me I think its only for top level players.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have one just to add to my collection.
My Dart and Dartboard Collection - www.flickr.com/photos/dart-dartboard/

I agree with what other's are saying. Waste of money. I had one many years ago and it raised the frustration level trying to hit those little doubles and trebles.

Look at it this way, if you were a pool player and played on a regulation 4-8 table in your competitions, why would you practice on one of those smaller 3 1/2 x 7 ft. coin operated barroom tables or those aircraft carrier looking snooker tables.
Bought one and don't use anymore. Didn't help, probably hurt more than anything. Waste of $80.
Saw one the other night, dart bar owner had one in the closet, looked kinda cool but a novelty for a guy like me.
I have one that I get out the very very odd time just for something different, but I wouldn't use it as my main practice board
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

have one, don't use it though, thanks for reminding me I can now get shut of it lol

Member previously known as Daveheald

I used to use one years back but they are a bit of a gimmick and didn't improve my game at all. Having a solid warm up and a structured practice routine works so much better.
Much better if you just do the practice drills to improve... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
I got unicorn eclipse pro trainer and im wery pleased. I swich from blade4 it was about 10 month ago. When i will be buying another board it will be eclipse pro trainer again. This board have tinner t and d but not as thin as bulls board so its almost like playing on normal board. I definetly improve my game since i bought this one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beat the trainer game. madhouse 1 503 09-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Treble trainer Bounce Out 12 1,040 03-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Pro-darter trainer 6 just took out 165 finish ??!! Smiling Assassin 7 2,745 01-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Banned