Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Missed doubles
Hi folks just looking to get people opinions.

I started playing darts last year my scoring wasn't the highest but my finishing was always good, hitting higher finishes than my high score some legs I used wade 24g phase 1 all season. Our season is starting up again so i bought 2 new sets of darts winstanley onyx and bunting 23g phase 1s I only played a night with both and I was told choose 1 and stick with them don't be changing between I choose the buntings and I started the Taylor training program (I post it if anyone's interested) am now in week 4 all of them so far are doubles practice every night and only playing 2/3 legs of 501 a night. My scoring has come on massively nearly hitting a 140 every leg and having not hit a 180 in 3 months and only 6 in total I have hit 3 in the last 2 weeks. But the last 3 weeks when I go down my local on a Thursday night and am getting hammered by players I beat a lot more than I lose nearly every leg am getting a 100- 200 point lead and losing the leg just not being able to get near a double never mind hitting 1.

For instance I was first their last night played 2 legs of 501 had a 74 check then a 67 as I hit the 67 the lads walked in played 1 of them he had no warm up I was on 146 he was on 407 and I lost 2-0. Am getting really frustrated and don't know weather to try the winstanley for a couple of weeks or stick with the buntings I still have 4 weeks before the league starts so I have time to get use to them. Any one got any advice please? If ya need more info let me knowGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You say that the practice sessions you are doing are concentrated on doubles, so are you able to hit the doubles consistently during the practice routines?
It doesn't sound like a dart issue to me if your scoring is good, just keep practicing. If you only started playing the game last year then you will get these ups and downs, but you just need to keep practicing and playing and it will all come together
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(09-04-2015, 02:23 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: You say that the practice sessions you are doing are concentrated on doubles, so are you able to hit the doubles consistently during the practice routines?
It doesn't sound like a dart issue to me if your scoring is good, just keep practicing. If you only started playing the game last year then you will get these ups and downs, but you just need to keep practicing and playing and it will all come together

Cheers bud. I am hitting doubles in practice but not as consistently as I was 6 months ago timing myself doubles around the board was taking me 11-14 mins now it's 17-22 mins. And am practicing 6/7nights a week.
Do the bunting darts feel comfortable to hold and throw? If they do then stick with them and just put the practice in.

Don't get disheartened as you will have many many ups and downs (they never stop lol). So long as you stay positive the ups will massively out weigh the downs and you will become a better player
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Yeah they do feel comfortable, every so often I get a really stray/wild dart tho. I get very frustrated aswel prob doesn't help me lol thanks for the advice pal +1
(09-04-2015, 02:42 PM)smithshane05 Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 02:23 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: You say that the practice sessions you are doing are concentrated on doubles, so are you able to hit the doubles consistently during the practice routines?

Cheers bud. I am hitting doubles in practice but not as consistently as I was 6 months ago timing myself doubles around the board was taking me 11-14 mins now it's 17-22 mins. And am practicing 6/7nights a week.

(09-04-2015, 02:55 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Do the bunting darts feel comfortable to hold and throw? If they do then stick with them and just put the practice in.

Don't get disheartened as you will have many many ups and downs (they never stop lol). So long as you stay positive the ups will massively out weigh the downs and you will become a better player

I am thinking about using prodarter to practice with pressure but I don't have a webcam. Have you used it? Also afraid of getting hammered no fun in that.
No problem. Everyone gets the odd wild dart!! It happens! Frustration is rarely good, it's all about controlling the emotions really.
I use pro darter, but just to play against the computer option or the other practice games that are available on it. Although playing the computer doesn't totally simulate playing another person, if you have it in your head that it is another person and you don't want to lose then it is as close as you can get really. I find it a useful match practice tool

Yeah this is true have to start trying to control my emotions when am throwing(am far to competitive lol) I just hate losing against people that I know am better than. Yeah definitely gonna give it a try. Thank god I found this fourm or I'd be filling a lot of holes in walls lolGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Haha, good luck and try to relax and not put too much pressure on yourself. Enjoy the game Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A great game to play with a mate (or 2) is what I call 81 UP its not a new practice game but I put a tiny twist on it. All you have to do between you is to close out 81 with a double when complete simply go UP to 82 and so on.
As you are both playing together not singly, whatever player A leaves player B has to try an finish but if you bust you start that number again.

Every dart counts so if either player finishes the number with darts to spare you carry on UP to the next number.

This simple drill/game will help you with your Doubles and forces to think of about finishing combinations, additionally when you get over a hundred etc you have to focus on getting a good score as well.

From what you've written your standard of play is quite good so just have some fun as you play and be gracious in defeat......remember you'll get them next time I'm sure. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(09-04-2015, 05:53 PM)Dorian Wrote: A great game to play with a mate (or 2) is what I call 81 UP its not a new practice game but I put a tiny twist on it. All you have to do between you is to close out 81 with a double when complete simply go UP to 82 and so on.
As you are both playing together not singly, whatever player A leaves player B has to try an finish but if you bust you start that number again.

Every dart counts so if either player finishes the number with darts to spare you carry on UP to the next number.

This simple drill/game will help you with your Doubles and forces to think of about finishing combinations, additionally when you get over a hundred etc you have to focus on getting a good score as well.

From what you've written your standard of play is quite good so just have some fun as you play and be gracious in defeat......remember you'll get them next time I'm sure. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers

Cheers Dorian I'll definitely give it a go. I will do, am always gracious in defeat on the out side, crack in side lol.