Harrows Darts.

Over thinking. ...
Ladies and gents, I don't have a scoobydoo how to stop over thinking when practicing...trying to see the dart, feel the dart, become the dart as I fine tune my stroke, I end up throwing like a donkey on drugs...Any ideas how to be more natural like when in a game but transferring it to practice to improve?
Change the type of drugs. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sorry mate, I have no idea, but I'm sure many here will come in the assist. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Did someone just mention my name? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Now that's a nice screen name. Not Shrek, but plain "Donkey"!
Right...I need a video of you throwing whilst on some sort of medication...just to be sure I am correct in my analysis
It sounds like what you're saying is that as you practice you are more focused on watching what you are trying to improve on rather than working on it and as a result your not shooting where you're aiming?

Perhaps you could video yourself while you are practicing. Knowing that you can review the video should take some of the pressure off watching what you are doing while practicing.
Over thinking will kill your game for sure. First warm up by just throwing at the board period do not try and hit anything pacific .After warm up Focus on your Target but forget what the rest of your body is doing for a while. Do this for a week.
Hey yeah that's a cracking idea...I don't know why but in a game, (most) people just throw...and rely on their previous practice and natural stroke, but when you practice, everything is on the radar and little things seem to cloud my mind and put me off, therefore making my practice worse than when I play.
On a side note I just played a game of cricket (for the first time) against prodarter trainer 5, because I absolutely smashed trainer 1...noob that he is! Lol anyway, as soon as I started thinking about what to hit next and where I was gonna score points etc I started naturally hitting what I wanted and actually hit a t18 t17 bull to stop him scoring on me...If I was playing 501 that's a 155 checkout! ( I thinkGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)
LoL t18 and t17 is 105 and ya need a double bull to finish. Practice my friend practice.
Yeah that's what I mean I hit t18 t17 bull (or double bull, Cork, inner bull etc ) I was stoked...it would be nice to be Gary anderson and not practice much but be world champion...I curse my genetics and the lack of ability my forefathers have bestowed upon me....
I struggle with the same thing and have had more than one post on here where I tried to document my "progress". I was evaluating arm angle, grip on the dart, release point, speed of the stroke and how upright my forearm was during the throw just to name a few. Hard to help this as I am a scientist and tend to analyze things. Made a bit of progress. What I noticed, though, was that I played far better when I was out with my friends having a few Jack Daniels. We all started playing at the same time and the last time we played, I won all five games. I am sure that the Jack helped, but I honestly believe that I was not thinking at all about all of the above. I was just focused on "putting it in the hole" as is said frequently here. I have started to incorporate this in my practice at home and it has helped greatly. I sometimes play cricket for practice and go out in 7 or 8 rounds with lots of triples. Pretty good for someone who just started throwing a few months ago.

This is the same lesson I learned when I took up golf many years ago. Trying to over analyze my swing killed my game. Focusing on the basics and letting it rip and I did much better. By throwing naturally (and by this I mean naturally for you), you will find that it is far, far easier to have a consistent, repeatable grip and throw. Without these factors being consistent, I think you will always struggle. I certainly do.

So, all of the advice you find here is solid. Understand the basics, grip the dart naturally, have good stance and body position and then.....QUIT THINKING AND JUST THROW!!!!

Works for me anyway.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Yeah I keep reminding myself to just throw...and then don't lol but had a good 30 mins at the board doing other stuff not related to the t20.
Funnily enough I hit a golf ball for the 1st time in 5 years today and I just gripped it and ripped it today dead straight till some bloke insisted I'd get another 30 yards on my 7 iron if I had a stronger grip...fml did I start topping and hitting balls thick...baste ward!
if you want to fix something in your stroke,you are allowed to think of one thing and one thing only. Then you think and practice this one thing only until you are satisfied with it.... it could take a few months, it could take more..... notice I never said it would take a week.

If you think of 12 things at once, and notice every little thing wrong with your throw, I have to wonder, how many of those things are happening wrong because you are watching?