Target Darts.

Maruone Cube 16.5g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzON0sgi2lY

As I said before Maruone is a relatively new company from Korea but its a group of passionate darts players who have ventured into the production of darts based on exactly what they feel suits a player hence their motto "by player/for player" You can check more info on their site here: https://www.maru1darts.com/

This is the Cube model and it is said to have been inspired by a famous pen manufacturer, not sure who, BIC maybe? it is 90% tungsten with 2ba thread for soft tip points and weighs 16.5g.

The darts retail for $100 which is around £65 but initially they are available in Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, USA and Canada and more soon.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a very stylishly printed and slim plastic box which has a slide out tray hold the darts with a transparent rubbery point protector. The darts are fitted with soft tips and what look to be inbetween Laro sshafts and a set of Maruone branded standard shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

You can see from the pics why its called Cube as it has a kind of squared design to the barrel which is made from the lateral and longitudinal "V" shape cuts. You may think it does not look very grippy and although it is not a high level of grip it is still a good medium and I could actually feel the cuts of the barrel in my grip but I think its like what I have said in the past about smooth darts, some people it feels grippy and others it does not. These are kind of like that in a way and it will depend on the type of skin you have in regards to moisture/oil levels and fingerprint ridges. For me there was no issues with the grip and it had a rather nice feel overall.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were fairly close but the difference between lightest and heaviest was 1.5 tenths of a gram:

Weight of full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

It was a little awkward to judge because of the shape but with just the soft tips attached the barrels seem to be just front of centre:

With the supplied setup the balance moved more on the rear section just a little past centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

At first I tried gripping them on the front bulbous section but I found them to be much more comfy with this grip below:

BARRELS REVERSED:

CONCLUSION:

When I first got these dart and the very first time I took them out the box for a quick feel, (o'oer missus, now stop it!) I thought straight away that they felt very nice and its a bit difficult to explain but they have a kind of velvety smoothness while at the same time a little bit of stickiness. That's the best I can describe it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But when I first threw them I held them right on the bulbous section and although it was not particularly bad throwing the dart from that grip when I changed to gripping just past the bulge it felt so much sweeter to throw but most of all incredibly comfy as the profile of the barrel sits very nicely in the fingers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

For me that is the best point to grip on the barrel really, balance feels best there and the darts seem to fly through the air best with that grip. I think because its only a short barrel at 40mm it should work well with front grippers but if your a centre or rear gripper that likes a short dart it should work equally as well for you too. Some people may prefer a barrel with more physical grip though so this is just for us that like some comfy and don't have issues with smooth barrels.

There is a little bit of grip from the cuts in the barrels but I think it wont be enough to satisfy most players but for me it just added a little bit to the feel and as I said above overall for me personally it feels like a good medium level of grip.

I think the nicest thing is the comfortable shape though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (kind of understated but nice!)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (2 fairly close)
Quality: 9 (very nice, lost half a point for weight match)
Value: 7 (not so cheap but they do feel nice)
Suitability for me: 8 (very comfy and work well for front grippers)

Best Feature: Nice comfy shape Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

That's a dart I could use with no problem. Reminds me a bit of the Priestley soft tips. Beautiful dart. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lovely Looking dart. Nice one grip
Love the profile and shape of the dart, but the grip, or lack thereof is probably not for me. Great review again Darren! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
A dart I would love to throw

EDIT:
Go and look up the site and have an "I know that guy" for one of the players. Wonder if he has it in his dart shop I can go look first hand at it. HUMMMMMMMM
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Sorry just not for me but great review as usual. +1
thanks Pops!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice shape and profile to this dart. I reckon the shape would add to the grip if you get in behind that front bulb. Top review again
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks! yeah the shape makes it a nice dart to throw Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Darts Maruone M90 CUBE Video Review jayouloun 5 2,942 12-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Arkatek
  Maruone Predator 16.5g darts review Getagrip 6 8,031 07-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Getagrip