Harrows Darts.

(Looking for comparison) Gladiator II vs Blade 4 DC
Is there anyone who has/had both of these boards?

How do they compare to each other in terms of hardness, colors, durability?
I have used both, the B4DC is a little brighter but softer than the G2.
Both are great boards yet the accuracy of the segments is slightly better on the G2, I prefer the number ring on the G2 and it has seemed to heal better too when the darts are removed.
I wish the G2 had the rota lock though as it makes the board alignment very simple and straight forward
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Both very good boards, the B4DC just pips the G2 for me because of the rota lock and the slightly softer composition which suits me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I've been looking at the G2 as a possible future replacement for my B4DC. I do love the colors on the B4DC and the rota lock is great too. The G2 looks like an awesome board as well.
Here is a review of the Gladiator 2

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...=gladiator
may all the doubles be with you

i need to replace my Blade DC too. once again many segments have gone rock hard. I am thinking either G2 or Pro Tour from Target with a Rotafix bracket from One80, but like Kev and Chris i really like the Rotalock system.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

I tried the Pro Tour after winning 2 here in a comp, quite a lot of marbling and a little darker than the G2 and the B4DC. For me the G2 just a bit better but a good board with very few bounce outs thin wires and clearly marked segments
Just waiting for the G3 which is due for release before Christmas
Current Board 
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

thanks for that Chris. I must say i am loving the quality of Target stuff at present. but not heard a bad word about the G2 don't think i can wait for the G3 as some segments of my 4DC are so hard darts will no longer go in. its had a hard life over the last 9 months though so i'm not complaining.

I Prefer the G2 over the B4DC because it is not so soft.
Previously bought a B4DC from Argos but gave it away and bought another elsewhere and it was good as gold. ( Argos - second grade? )
Current Board 
Darts

(09-02-2015, 11:24 AM)rich345 Wrote: i need to replace my Blade DC too. once again many segments have gone rock hard. I am thinking either G2 or Pro Tour from Target with a Rotafix bracket from One80, but like Kev and Chris i really like the Rotalock system.

How long did your B4DC lasted?
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
I have a B4DC at home and use a G2 in games at the pub.

My own opinion B4DC is softer, and doesn't heal anywhere near aswell.

Teammate who hasn't played much this season commented on the "new" board and I said no we've had this all season. G2 seems to be holding up brilliantly.
I use a the b4, but i look how clean the Bandit looks. How does it compare to the b4 and the gladiator?
(09-06-2015, 05:30 PM)Joene Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:24 AM)rich345 Wrote: i need to replace my Blade DC too. once again many segments have gone rock hard. I am thinking either G2 or Pro Tour from Target with a Rotafix bracket from One80, but like Kev and Chris i really like the Rotalock system.

How long did your B4DC lasted?

my first one lasted around 8 months with 1-2 hours per day use. the second one around 9 months. the board itself looks fine but the 2nd harder layer of the dual core goes rock hard and points will just not go in so you get some dead spots in and around the trebles. great board though and highly recommended. i used to only get 3-4 months from a blade 4 or an eclipse pro. i just fancy something different to be honest.

I have both.

The the Fit and finish on the B4DC is far superior. The feel of the Sisal, the Colour finishing, no veins, all backed up with Very Good Sisal durability. The feel of the Winmau Sisal as you brush your Fingers against it resembles a velvet-ish texture, on the my G2 feels like running my fingers across Balsa Wood.

G2 has Very Good Sisal durability, is slightly harder. So from my experience doesn't heal as pliable as the Winmau. It leaves gaping holes in my G2, but not my B4DC, though on my B4DC cos I've used it longer I have got Sisal hairs poking out of the Board where I've been taking Darts out over time. I've been using my G2 now for 4 Months with no sign of that yet...
The fit and finish isn't on the B4DC level.... no way. The paint rendering is smeary & blotchy, the Tone of the Green & Reds is Good, but the application all round is Rubbish ( for a board that's touted as the best, not good enough ), and you have veins all over the White.

I also feel that the wire on the B4DC, cos it's slightly thicker, is far more durable... so far.

G2 is a Good solid Board, but not in the same league as the B4DC.
I am still thinking about the DC, if my Shot! Bandit Plus ever needs to be replaced.
Still, i had a Blade 4, and with my Shot darts i had so many bouncers. But mabey that was just about the tyoe of darts i was using that time.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3+ Phil McKeown 24 3,002 06-12-2021, 04:21 PM
Last Post: JerseyJon
  Blade 5 vs. Blade 5 dual core MrStair 18 1,090 10-29-2020, 09:41 PM
Last Post: blink180
  Dartboard segment sizes comparison Darty 6 440 05-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Darty
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 2,173 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,718 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 1,660 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Gladiator III First Impressions codo180 31 3,306 05-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 5,111 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 967 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 3 vs blade 5/blade 5 dc Jared Thomas Webster 19 9,108 07-31-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Chappers