167 (T20 T19 Bull) 
160 (T20 T20 D20)
140 (T20 T20 D10)
146 (T20 T18 D16)

180's In 2015 (33)
180's In 2016 (6)

Best 501 - 17 darts
Smooth
They are completely smooth, but after a bit of throwing they do warm up and are grippier than one would think.
I tried my best to explain the grip here. They are WAY grippier then you might imagine https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9923
I have a set of 25 gram Atomised Hankey's. I was very impressed with the grip that they provide. Once the dart warms up the surface provides adequate grip. The forward slope from back to front helps the grip as well. The absence of ridges or rings helps with the release. Not sure if it is true of the other Hankey's but the 25 gram version is very front loaded for my throw. I know that i don't throw these as well as other darts that I have but I can't help bringing them out from time to time to appreciate the clean release.
If you throw where you can keep the dart at hand temperature I don't see where you can go wrong if you like a front loaded dart.
I love the Ted hankey darts. They are gripper than you think (only once you've warmed them up after a few throws). Gives them a lovely clean release and worth a try. I don't like the atomised ones because I find they feel like cardboard and thus feel slippy in my grip. (Although I'm looking to get my 23g atomised customised with maybe a microgrip)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-20-2015, 10:57 AM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: I love the Ted hankey darts. They are gripper than you think (only once you've warmed them up after a few throws). Gives them a lovely clean release and worth a try. I don't like the atomised ones because I find they feel like cardboard and thus feel slippy in my grip. (Although I'm looking to get my 23g atomised customised with maybe a microgrip)

ive yet to try the atomized but i heard this umpteen times now, puts me off but think ill try them in the future, just for curiosity
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-20-2015, 11:02 AM)Spartan Wrote:
(09-20-2015, 10:57 AM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: I love the Ted hankey darts. They are gripper than you think (only once you've warmed them up after a few throws). Gives them a lovely clean release and worth a try. I don't like the atomised ones because I find they feel like cardboard and thus feel slippy in my grip. (Although I'm looking to get my 23g atomised customised with maybe a microgrip)

ive yet to try the atomized but i heard this umpteen times now, puts me off but think ill try them in the future, just for curiosity

Some people might get on with them but personally I don't. Although I don't have much grip in my fingers anyway.
Initially the atomised finish is a slight bit grippier, but once it wears it becomes more slippery than the plain finish.
Everone should tried the Hankey darts. Just to feel such a smooth dart like that and how it trows.
Darts: Shot! 901-1 gold 21gr/Winmau Hankey 21 gr/Unicorn Wade 22gr
Board: Shot! Bandit Plus
As said above, they are completely smooth but are a grippy dart...lovely dart and really well balanced
Seriously, i played with Wades an suddenly i couldt let my dart loose.(mabey darteritus) Was struggeling for days! Swiched back to the Hankey because it is a no-nonsense dart. Never had the problem agian!
(09-21-2015, 03:17 AM)bkbum Wrote: Initially the atomised finish is a slight bit grippier, but once it wears it becomes more slippery than the plain finish.

Exactly what I found. Lovely when out the box but after a few weeks they became rubbish. Winmau do a nice onyx coating on the kings and Winstanleys which gives almost a 'sticky' feeling. Would love to see this on a set of hankeys. And they would look the business!
But wait? Those Jenkins darts are smooth as well ! Dont know how long that finish on that dart lastst.
is the hankey similar to the jenkins? i used the 21g terry jenkins as my match dart for about a year
Darts used : 16.5g Monster Soldier Gates

Favorite players : Michael van Gerwen, Gary Anderson, Eric Bristow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Datadart Hankey copies/alternatives: please help NiteEyez 9 1,677 02-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Last Post: neil_kman
  Ted Hankey 14 gram Tmacanally 0 538 01-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Tmacanally
Lightbulb Hankey 14g vs Bunting 17g Humdinger 7 2,622 08-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Original datadart Hankey alternatives (not after current model) NiteEyez 6 2,101 01-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez