Shot Darts

Target Phil Taylor Power 8Zero Black Titanium 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBO9xT-BWjY

This is the set I got at the Target launch day and I will be doing a draw for these for Youtube subcribers that comment on the video on my Youtube channel, so if you want a chance to win them then subscribe and make a comment on the video page. I will pick a winner next Friday Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

At the launch we were told the Power 8Zero range was very popular particularly in Germany for some reason? Which is why they have expanded the range with a couple of new models and with a lovely Black Titanium coating.

These will be on sale around the 7th of September I believe and will retail for £34.99 (unless the price is going up like the recent rumours say?).

This particular model is available in 21,23 and 25 grams, the ones reviewed here are the 23g.

You can read more info on the Target site here: Power 8zero

They are 80% tungsten hence the 8Zero name.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim cardboard box with a clear plastic window and the darts are supplied with hard plastic tri-fold case a set of short Pro-Grip stems and some small standard Power Vision flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

At first glance it looks like it is a straight barrel with the same ring grip all along, but when you look closer you can see there is a thicker front half and a thinner rear section and the spacing of the rings is slightly different. The grip is a double ring grip and while the space in between the pairs of rings appears to be the same the rings themselves are a little different. On the front half they are thicker and closer together and on the rear section they are thinner and further apart. Also the rear is a very, very subtle scallop, it is thinner in its middle than its 2 ends. The grip on the whole is about a high medium but is enhanced a little with the black ti coating.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

A fairly long barrel.

Width:

Widest on the front section.

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were very close but the difference between the lightest and heaviest is eight hundredths of a gram which is three hundredths over the guaranteed + or - 0.05g as stated.

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are slightly front weighted:

With the supplied set up the balance moves just past centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I found they worked best for me just front of centre, it felt strangely well balanced there considering the point of balance as above was further up the barrel, but I suspect it may also have something to do with the slightly thicker barrel at the front half making me feel more comfy with the grip there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in the board a little flatter than my usual:

CONCLUSION:

These are a nice looking dart and I do like the Black Ti coating on them.

The length is a little longer than I would like but it was not causing me too much of a problem as I think they seemed to be quite a nicely weighted barrel with my front grip.

The darts felt very easy to throw and although I was expecting some issues in flight because of the length I never noticed anything untoward. The darts felt a lot lighter when I was throwing them than what I would expect of 23g, I think its because the balance was closer to my grip with the second half of the barrel being thinner and also likely because the length distributes the weight a little more.

The darts on the whole worked well then with my frontish grip and had a flattish flight so I thought I would try throwing from the centre and rear too.

Well throwing from the centre is a little strange and also felt a little distracting as on one side of my grip I had the thicker front half and on the other side the thinner rear section. I just did not find this as comfortable really, and was a bit off putting in general. I know I don't normally grip the darts in that position but it felt more weird than was usual. So not as good from the centre for me.

Throwing from the rear the darts were flying through the air a bit better than the centre but my main issue from the rear was just simply it is not natural to me, so I think it may work well for front and rear grippers and certainly if your a front gripper that likes a longish barrel then give them a try. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Grip is quite nice on the barrels and its grippy enough without being too sticky and I also think the Black Ti coating gives it a nicer feel too.

The darts are nicely machined though and I think these may be very popular with people that like slightly longer barrels.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7 (nice stealthy look)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (quite close)
Quality: 8 (feels nice quality)
Value: 7 (ok )
Suitability for me: 7 (a touch long but work ok with a front grip)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

nice darts, great review!
Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always the 22 & 24g ones peeked my interest some
Great review as always. I really wana win them but my stupid YouTube account won't let me comment on the video says I have to link Google+ To my account can any1 help?
(08-28-2015, 05:25 PM)smithshane05 Wrote: Great review as always. I really wana win them but my stupid YouTube account won't let me comment on the video says I have to link Google+ To my account can any1 help?

I'm just after cancelling my google+ profile so I probably wont be able to vote either. I'll let you know how I get on.

Nice looking darts though I'd prefer if they were 90% tungsten as they may be slightly shorter and thinner. But they may suit a lot of others.
Great review as ever.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

I got this version in my goodie bag as well - very nice darts
(08-28-2015, 05:25 PM)smithshane05 Wrote: Great review as always. I really wana win them but my stupid YouTube account won't let me comment on the video says I have to link Google+ To my account can any1 help?

Ok I have a google mail account and i thought this would do, but no. It asked me to set up a you tube channel which by doing so i seemed to have activated a google+ a/c. I did not know i was doing this but i just got an email welcoming to google+. :dodgy:

Anyway I voted and I dont mind as it helps the darts review channel. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

I just created a new YouTube account channel and Google + email if I don't win after all that haha
A decent enough arrow but would never make my match dart list to be honest. However the best part of this dart is the review , brilliant as usual. + 1 to my Best friend across the pond.
Thanks all and cheers Larry!

Google made it a right confusing process when they re-done YT a while back. I still cant get my head round Google+

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Google+ is the worst invention ever - even worse than Internet Explorer!!!!
(08-28-2015, 07:42 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Google+ is the worst invention ever - even worse than Internet Explorer!!!!

no way its as bad as Millennium Edition
Not sure about Saber's match dart list, but your reviews and photos sure makes it on my 'Match Review List' anytime! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Actually, your reviews are the only ones on that list! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review!

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Yohkoh 01 Darts Review Getagrip 12 161 10-16-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Nastri Darts Review Getagrip 18 375 10-14-2021, 07:14 PM
  Target Hema 02 Darts Review Getagrip 5 108 10-13-2021, 12:21 PM
  Target German Giant Gabriel Clemens 80 Black Darts Review Getagrip 3 78 10-11-2021, 01:56 PM
  Target Raymond van Barneveld RVB95 Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 14 231 10-05-2021, 03:58 PM
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Gen 8 Darts Review Getagrip 10 200 10-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Information Dynasty A Flow Black Line Fallon Sherrock darts review Ryk 19 3,599 07-13-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: sincaid
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 335 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 388 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,418 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick