Shot Darts

My throw
New player been playing for almost an entire year, and looking for some guidance. I am rather tall 6'1" so I feel I don't take the dart all the way back. My main issue is eye dominance I am right handed and left eye dominant. My sightright has me lined up to where my left eye is at the bull, and I feel like I'm throwing across my body. Any help would be nice.

Thanks
Your darts seem to have landed in the right spot.

If you feel like you are throwing across your body and you don't like it, why don't you just move to the left a little? I guess blading your stance a little more would also reduce that feeling of throwing across your body.
Is that a 180? Doesn't look like you need any help :p
Are you really throwing across your body or is it just a feeling? If you changed anything on your technique or stance it will always feel a bit funny and unnatural in the beginning.
Does not look too bad really, I would not be worried that your throwing across your body, I think a lot of people think you need to be in a perfectly straight line to get the darts to go straight but it is near impossible for some people to do that, and I find it very uncomfortable when I try and force my body into such a straight plane. I'm not saying its wrong to try to get as straight as you can but don't feel it is the only thing that will dictate how well you can play.

So many players don't have their bodies perfectly in line.

Your throw itself seems nice and consistent so if the darts are going pretty much where you want them then just continue with it and it will improve.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Throw looks good, one throw your hand wasn't parallel to the floor but that verry minor as your throw looks good just keep extending that arm completely.
Good luck. Next time give us 3 rounds to look at.
There is one thing I see that you may want to consider. If you try to stop the video when you're near full extension, you'll see a shudder in your arm and hand.

The hand moves back away from the board at the end of the extension at the wrist.

I have a gut feeling that the "cross body" throw is responsible for this wrist pull back movement. As Getagrip says, your alignment may not be straight on. If you were to snap your wrist down, you may find you are hitting more 1's than 20's. The pull back at the wrist could be a result of trying to straighten out the path of the dart.

You don't really "finesse" a dart like that. It has already left your hand near when the arm was vertical. I recommend that you continue to extend the hand forwards and maybe even down all the way through each and every shot. Even just as an experiment.

You may find other changes to support this movement are necessary, like Dmott suggests as position on the oche or shoulder angle on the line. Or you may be able just to change the release alone... I hope it is that simple.

It's very tough to change your throw. Sometimes you have to wonder if it is worth it or not. Only you can tell.
Your throw looks pretty good to me and the results are there so who can complain about that. Are you really bracing your back foot against the wall? If you get in that habit, playing someplace else could be problem.
(08-27-2015, 05:08 AM)BrickCityDarts Wrote: New player been playing for almost an entire year, and looking for some guidance. I am rather tall 6'1" so I feel I don't take the dart all the way back. My main issue is eye dominance I am right handed and left eye dominant. My sightright has me lined up to where my left eye is at the bull, and I feel like I'm throwing across my body. Any help would be nice.

Thanks

I don't see an issue here, all 3 darts hit each other in the area of the treble 20...seems to me you simply need to perfect what you are doing already. My throw is very much like yours .

Keep up the workGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The only thing I see is that doesn't seem to be 7ft 9.25in at all. Just a weird camera angle I suppose.
Thanks for all your responses!!

I will work on my wrist snapping down, and yes the dart board is set correctly I just videoed it with my Gopro.