Target Darts.

Drawing dart back to dominant eye
Is it considered to be beneficial to draw the dart back to your dominant eye?

This doesn't make sense to me because the effect seems to be that vision from your dominant eye is then blocked?
It is unavoidable. Just watch the pros. Your eye and target are the end points of a straight line. The arm/hand/dart must follow it. You're not about to move your arm/hand/dart off the line when you want to push your dart directly towards the target are you?
It isn't unavoidable for people like Barney.

But yeah skinnygav, Ive thought that too. I wish my throw had my dart a little lower so I could still see over it. The way I throw I block my vision pretty thoroughly.
Is there any threads on the internet that instruct someone in finding out what there dominate eye is? Links are good as I'm being lazy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You're right Dmott, you can draw the dart back to the side of your head like Barney.

My bad. It is avoidable.
Extend both hands forward of your body and place the hands together making a small triangle (approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inch per side) between your thumbs and the first knuckle like this.
With both eyes open, look through the triangle and center something such as a doorknob in the triangle.
Close your left eye. If the object remains in view, you are right eye dominant. If closing your right eye keeps the object in view, you are left eye dominant.
overlap your hands so that a small triangle is formed between your two pointing fingers and your thumbs.

with both eyes open look at an object 10 feet away through the triangle.

close your left eye

open your left eye and close your right eye.

With one eye you will still see the object in the triangle. That is you dominate eye.
https://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Eye-Dominance

the other method. I don't like it as much.
Thanks. I learned something new today. I'm left eye dominate. Thanks Dmott and Stalker. +1 each Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Typically your eye dominance correlates to your hand dominance.

As an infant you see stronger with one eye and you use the hand closest to the eye developing the muscles in that arm more.

Now that's not a 100% some people are cross dominate. Right arm and left eye or vise versa.
(08-26-2015, 09:44 PM)Stalker Wrote: Typically your eye dominance correlates to your hand dominance.

As an infant you see stronger with one eye and you use the hand closest to the eye developing the muscles in that arm more.

Now that's not a 100% some people are cross dominate. Right arm and left eye or vise versa.

Hmm. I throw darts right handed. I throw a frisbee left handed. So when I'm playing frisbee golf it's 100% lefty.

When I played baseball I was a switch hitter but threw righty.

And a really strange one is that my left arm is physically smaller than my right but it's a beast in strength. My left hand and arm is much stronger than my right.

I'm weird lol
Nice. I used to say just point to something 10 ft away. Then close one eye and the other. The eye that lines up with the finger and the target is your dominant eye. It does not matter which hand you use to point.
So now what do me and the op, Skinnygav do with this info?
(08-26-2015, 09:58 PM)Cyanide Wrote: So now what do me and the op, Skinnygav do with this info?

Keep throwing darts?
I recall hearing that Barney writes with his left hand, but throws darts with his right -- perhaps to have his throwing arm be on the same side as his dominant eye? The guy that taught me to play darts was the same way. Wrote right handed, dominant left eye, threw left handed....

Cy, what if you learned to play left handed?

If anyone would succeed at such a thing, you would....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stance for left eye dominant players who throw right handed joelinho95 9 242 07-02-2021, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Westy182
  Dominant eye Jpearson22 98 3,301 06-26-2021, 12:31 PM
Last Post: joelinho95
  Pull Back/Take back advice RedHat180 3 131 06-03-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Pidge
  right handed and left eye dominant and winmau sight right 2 stormyinc 1 563 03-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Danny Giles
  Drawing to side of face or to the eye? UncleJJ 2 518 01-03-2020, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Help drawing back Notrul 4 628 10-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: brenthahn
  Cross dominant no matter which arm Im using? twentytwo 6 1,133 05-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Opposite dominant eye Seigzeon 1 698 05-16-2018, 03:44 PM
Last Post: brenthahn
  SWITCHING LEFT with Dominant Eye Opposite Throwing Arm / Cross-Dominant Scorpion 16 2,274 04-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Last Post: 1double1
  Cross eye dominant GONKO 3 1,816 01-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: GONKO