Shot Darts

Poll: Should Dart Manufacturers supply 'Barrels Only' as a permanent option?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
83.33%
45 83.33%
No
16.67%
9 16.67%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should Dart Manufacturers supply 'Barrels Only' as a permanent option?
As the title says so cast your vote Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I voted no, because although its a good idea as someone who buys a lot of darts I like to try them with the setup as they are supplied with but I think a little more thought should go into the setup though. But if your buying a set for the first time you will want a full setup which means the manufacturer will still have to offer 2 options, one as barrels only and one with full setup so this may increase the overall cost as they have to package the items differently?

Also I dont really expect the saving from not having a full setup supplied is going to make much difference to the cost so not sure its a big issue really.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My reasoning on this is straightforward in my opinion its rare that players use a dart as supplied and will fine tune it to suit their individual needs. The supplied stems and flights usually are discarded or given away, similarly with those cheap plastic cases so do we need them?

Consider too the postal cost savings to all. Resellers could buy better with purchases of 'Barrels Only' in bulk packs of say 10 or 20 sets from manufacturers.

So, why not make 'Barrels Only' standard practice or as a standard OPTION at least?
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

I'm all about fine tuning. I rarely ever use a set of darts as they are from the factory.
Hi Darren,

The fact is that if 'Barrels only' was an permanent option the pressure would be on the manufacturers to offer a reduction as it would be seen unreasonable for them not to in both the publics eye and of course consumer protection bodies.
The reduction should also be significant.....By the way ask Saber what he does with the aluminium stems that comes with some darts he buys. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

It should be an option at least, even more so with non-player darts.
I voted yes as I never use the setup as supplied, however, I would add a caviat in that with darts like Sigma (which are apparently optimally configured), it wouldn't necessarily be a good idea. I think in general, barrels only allows for less packaging and cost reductions so I'm all in favour.
The option should be there to purchase just the barrel's themselves, but the cost difference won't be much. I still paid over £30 for my Barney Phase 4s and they were barrel only - so not too sure how much of a difference it would be in a financial sense. I just don't like having sets of stems that I'll never use dotted around everywhere. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Have the option there but, really, the stems will only add another £1 at the absolute most.
Nickname: 'The Tungsten Tickler'
Darts: 26g Golden Vanquish
180s: 52
Highest checkout: 152
Best leg: 16 darts
2016 180s: 8/50
Twitter: @ABGratton24 / @TungstenTickle
Yes, thanks for your response the key word is for me is 'option' there is a green aspect too as the packaging wastage and cost reduction ingredient will be a good proportion not forgetting promotional costs. This in turn means they can still achieve good profits by reducing manufactured costs.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

Definitely. Everyone can but their own flights, stems or case.

I never use the flights and stems that come with new darts. Target only has short stems, Unicorn mostly their weird sized grippers shafts and Winmau mostly metal stems. And those cases are really not that good. Especially the Unicorns... if you have it in your back pocket, forget it and sit down its broken.
Thanks for your input so far on this topic.... frankly I cannot see any reason why the 'option' should be an problem for any player old or new. Perhaps with the exception of course of some manufacturers and resellers who may not be keen to pass on the savings Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

C'mon guys I'd love to hear from you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers

PS. Again there will be a big reduction in postal charges all round too, which will be yet another cost reduction to customers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PPS. Here ya go Cy' .....a GOLDEN opportunity for American resellers to do the right thing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

i have voted yes as i like to keep players flights.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

(08-25-2015, 11:14 AM)rich345 Wrote: i have voted yes as i like to keep players flights.

Should you not have voted "No" then?

Unicorn are already selling darts as barrels only but not sure its made them any cheaper?

https://www.puredarts.co.uk/new-unicorn-...5125g.html

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

They do this only on a selected range, they only do it to quit stocks of slow moving and or discontinued inventory. If any player wants 'player flights' that's easily done and the savings from my suggestion will easily pay for them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

In my short and simple answer. Packaging with players darts but generic darts I don't see the point!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best option for “rest 15” bk123456 16 522 06-03-2020, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Leighd89
  Straight Barrels : Are Shorter Barrels More Stable? portsetonloyal 26 8,646 12-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
Tongue Elusive Target Target 2nd Option (Let's try again) _TOPS_ 0 324 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: _TOPS_
  Rubberised dart barrels Matt.1994 11 656 03-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Adams
  Permanent black darts?? Mac-attack99 13 1,069 01-19-2019, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  Do manufacturers logos affect barrel design? Getagrip 20 3,454 11-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Last Post: rich345
  U.K. Darts Manufacturers and darts made in England Getagrip 20 16,206 07-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Last Post: The D'Artist