Harrows Darts.

Red Dragon Patriot 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXMUup9-IRw

Got these a few weeks back and just got round to compiling my review. They are the Patriot 1 24g darts, 85% tungsten and there is also another model available the Patriot 2 in a different grip style also 24g.

They retail for a very wallet friendly £15.90 from Red Dragon Darts, click here: Patriot 1 24g

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come with a Red Dragon black bar wallet and are supplied with three sets of standard shape flights and some white nylon medium stems with spring clips and a point protector:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a nice edgy ring grip that is deeply grooved and is more grippy than it looks, I would say its a high medium but getting very close to been a high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Quite a long barrel:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Between the lightest and heaviest barrel their is a difference of eight hundredths of a gram so its within the limits of the + or - 0.1g

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the dart was slightly front of centre balanced but it is quite a long barrel and drilled out from rear fairly deep:

With the supplied setup it seems to moves very slightly past the centre point:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Although it was a long barrel I felt it worked well enough gripping close to the front:

Darts landed in a slight upward angle:

CONCLUSION:

This is another straight barrel dart that will likely suit a variety of grip styles, I guess it depends on how well you get on with long barrels.

I don't normally get on too well with them but I think these worked better than I expected with my front grip and could be because they have a fair bit drilled out the rear. They reminded me a little of the Falcon GT darts which I think is a great dart but these are just that little bit too long so as not to be just right, they came close though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The grip is rather good on these especially for front, middle and slightly past middle grippers. Rear grippers have a few rings at the rear to grip on to but overall its not as grippy there as the rest of the barrel.

Throwing the darts from the centre they seemed to fly a bit flatter but I still preferred the front grip in spite of the barrels length. Tried from near the rear too but that was too strange, but balance overall was good near front and centre and they were nice and steady through the air I never noticed any issues in flight.

Darts are very nicely made and incredibly good value and I think whether your British or American the Red, White and Blue paint work could apply to both with these, so if your feeling a bit patriotic then try the Patriots! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7.5 (nice styling)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (fine)
Quality: 8(nice quality)
Value: 9.5 (very good)
Suitability for me: 7 (a touch long but still nice to throw)

Best Feature: Great value Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very nice darts and if they had a slant nose they would be all the better. Well worth the $$$ for sure. Well done again Darren.
Thanks Larry Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I tell ya for anyone whose money is tight these are great value for sure.
Handsome darts these. Good value too
Nice darts and nice review as well, as always!

Take the paint off and what can you see?

A signature darts!
I like the looks of these better than the Patriot 2. Would also prefer them to have more tapor on the nose but can't beat the price for them
Thanks for taking the time to review them. Always a pleasure reading
Really like the look of these. Probably should get a set.
Please don't tell the wife...picked up a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks guys, its a great price for a very good set of darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice long barrels. I think i need short stems on these
may all the doubles be with you

(08-24-2015, 02:17 PM)Fred Raket Wrote: Nice long barrels. I think i need short stems on these

Yes I think short stems will work well but I threw them ok with the mediums on and they still had a nice balance to them.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I don't know why they won't release it at a lower weight like 22g. It would sell like hot cakes!!!
I know I would want a set!
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Super review. Your pics really show off the dart and just how grippy it is, which the standard pics don't show. Excellent. A great value dart that would suit a lot of people
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Cheers mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 30 3,729 09-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  Red Dragon Peter Wright Euro 11 Element Gold PC20 Darts Review Getagrip 6 277 08-21-2021, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 488 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 810 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 16,068 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 1,020 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 555 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 393 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,262 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,466 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry