Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Most Versatile Darts Ever? My RVB Phase1 Review
Hello again Nutz. Time to have a punt with my 3rd review and aimed beginners who are looking to outlay a bit more money and upgrade to a decent dart. Picking the right dart is very confusing and can take a lot of time and money. Weight? Length? Width? Grip? Front/Centre/Rear Weighted? Straight? Bomb?....etcetcetc. So I thought I would give my opinion on what I found to be one of the most verstaile and nicest darts I've ever thrown. The 25g Unicorn RVB World Champion Phase 1s.

I ordered these from Madhouse Darts and retail at £36.00 (Thanks for the discount DartsNutz! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.) Here's how they come:

You probably noticed I fitted some 30mm storm points. These are not standard by the way! They are 50.55mm in length and 6.86mm in width.

The balance point is pretty much centre of the barrel and with a proper set up of short nylon stems and my own custom flights, it does shift ever so slightly to the rear (but as I said, I did fit slightly longer points on):

GRIP: The grip is what is called a 'Barneveld Grip' and has a fine microgrip along most of the barrel. There are slightly deeper grooves along the two ends, as you can see, with a more solid area in the middle. It may look a bit bigger than the rest of the dart but you do not notice this at all. They are quite a grippy dart but after time with micro gripped darts, they do fade slightly. I would rate these about 4/5 on the grip scale. Also, the most useful thing I noticed about having these 3 areas of grip means you have an excellent focus point to place your thumb depending on if your are a front, middle or rear gripper!

Here's a comparison between Target Adrian Lewis Gen 25g (26mm standard points) and RVB phase 2A 25g (28mm standard point). 2 of the nicest straight barrel darts I've had the pleasure to throw. I would actually recommend all 3!!!:

PERFORMACE: The performance of these darts is just fantastic. A straight barrel with a nice even weight throughout. I found that they perform just as well with a front, middle or rear grip so they would suit ANY style of grip and throw. There are very few darts out there that can do this (believe me I've looked) and that's why I find them so versatile! They fly super straight without a hint of wobble and feel really effortless to throw. The grip and balance when they are in your hand inspires confidence.

VERDICT: These darts are fantastic. If you are looking for a straight and nicely balanced dart that can suit pretty much any type of grip, then you should look no further. You very rarely ever hear a bad thing said about Barney darts (unless you take into account that he changes his darts more times than I've had hot dinners) and they are well-made and a joy to play with. I would thoroughy recommend them to any beginner looking for an upgrade. They are a touch expensive but they are worth every penny. The only confusing point is what phase to buy? There are plenty of Dartsnutz on the forum who have compared all the different phases so go have a look (A personal shout to Cankles who did a great comparison between these, the 2A and the 4. I bought all of them sets because of him Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.).

P.S. If you do want storms fitted, STAY AWAY FROM THE GROOVED ONES!!! Look at my photos above and see what it's done to the 3 area (used to be the 20) after a couple of hours on a new board.

Many thanks for your time!!!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
fantastic review, thanks very much. +1 from me.

i have to say i am also a big fan of the unicorn Barney darts. sadly the only ones that come in my weight are the ph1 and ph5 (and the ph5 are too short / thick for me) i really don't like using darts over 22g. but the 21g version of the dart you are reviewing here is a superb dart.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review! One cannot go wrong with a Barney dart.

I personally don't have big problems with the grooved storm points (but they do a bit more damage to the spider of my board than regular points), most of the time they won't go into the board that far (also think the weight of the dart will come into play here, the heavier the dart the further it will go into the board).
Thanks! Barneys are those sort of darts i can use in a few different weights. Bit like the Ted Hankeys. Yeah it is a total pain when darts you really want are just outside your weight range. I'd love to have a set of purist 2s in 25g! I just can't throw anything above 25g
Great review. It's hard to go wrong with Barney's darts - I recently switched to the Barney Phase 4s and haven't looked back.

The grip is amazing and the whole feel is top dollar. I do have the grooved storm points and, while I do find sometimes the dart feels hooked into the board (can't be a bad thing - means less bounceouts!) the grooved part hardly ever reaches the board itself.
Nickname: 'The Tungsten Tickler'
Darts: 26g Golden Vanquish
180s: 52
Highest checkout: 152
Best leg: 16 darts
2016 180s: 8/50
Twitter: @ABGratton24 / @TungstenTickle
Awesome!Thanks for this review!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
+1
Maybe it's the length? I had 26mm storm groove on another set and it destoryed my board
Excellent review! +1 from me as I enjoyed the read that much. This isn't helping my darts buying obsession though! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts
+1 from me too. Great review and pics.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

This still will not stop me buying more darts! The new adrian lewis 3 are next on the hit list!
Very nice review my friend +1 from me
Nice one mate and great review! +1

I think the Barney darts are a very good all rounder much like the classic Bristow style is Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review have owned a few sets of these 25g and 23g . Great dart to chuck
Great review +1

You can take a black marker and gently dab the battered area of that one segment. Make it look somewhat new again.
(08-22-2015, 05:54 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Great review +1

You can take a black marker and gently dab the battered area of that one segment. Make it look somewhat new again.

You noticed then? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. A downside with the barneys is they don't keep their looks for very long.