Double Top Darts.

Unicorn Eclipse HD
Thumbs Down 
Sorry if this is a soapbox post but I absolutely do not like the Eclipse HD board I just got in. The sisal is not as bright as I would like it and what is up with the bull ring? It moves!! Thank goodness I bought it through Amazon because it is going right back.
I just ordered a Blade 4 as a replacement. Hopefully I won't have any issues with it.
Anyone else get the HD and turn right back around and get something else?
The Blade 4 is great you will like it......Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've read good things. I should have purchased it from the get-go. No worries though.. I looked at the date stamp on the HD and it was made last year. I should have taken pictures for a mini review but the board seemed old looking. It was brand new though. Weird.
Blade 4....Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I had 2 and although there was some things I liked they both had issues within a few weeks so not so good.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looks like it's an on-going problem. I'm glad I turned my co-worker onto the Blade 4 instead when I initially ordered the HD. It was his first board purchase.
My main issue with the Eclipse HD was that the bristle was far too hard and my darts didn't enter the board as cleanly as I'd like - tried that with a few sets of darts. Too many bounceouts and just doesn't last long enough.

Love my Blade 4 board - invested in a Dual Core board a few months ago in preparation for a change...but it's still going strong! Winmau are definitely the way to go for dartboards.
Nickname: 'The Tungsten Tickler'
Darts: 26g Golden Vanquish
180s: 52
Highest checkout: 152
Best leg: 16 darts
2016 180s: 8/50
Twitter: @ABGratton24 / @TungstenTickle
That's interesting. Points were SUPER EASY entering into the board I had. The sisal seemed not tightly packed. Points that would normally slip right out of my Alien board went deep into the HD and stayed there.
The Unicorn boards have been coming under big criticism of late. All seemed to start at the world's last year where the new boards just wanted to spit darts back out for fun. The amount of fall outs was unbelievable - none more so than this

Its not good enough that at that level a board could have swung who the world championship was going to...There has been steady criticism since then about the boards and I would have to agree...I wouldn't be rushing back to unicorn boards, especially after getting the Blade 4 DC. 8 months in and still in fantastic shape!!!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It could have been a slightly dud board, but I know of others that have had a similar problem, and I had the same issue with an older Unicorn board.
Just watched that vid. WOW. The board is boxed up ready to go back but if I recall, I think the build date on the board was in 2014. I looked at the Blade 4 DC and opted just for the standard version. It should be fine for me. If I decide to hang another board, I'll look into the DC version.
Heres a quick extract from Mardle about the quality of the boards at the worlds and this was the first round Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Amid farcical scenes, Chisnall celebrated a 180 only to see his arrow drop to the stage floor, and De Vreede’s darts also bounced out, which prompted criticism from Mardle and raised concerns about the standard of the boards.

“Well he said he’s changed his darts and maybe he should have roughed the points up,” said Mardle. “But I just found it a bit of a coincidence that it was happening to Ryan as well. There were too many for me, too many points on the floor.

“They are falling out slowly. The points could have been too smooth like Dave said, but for it to happen to Ryan as well - for me it was too much of a coincidence.

“The quality of the boards in my opinion is not good enough anyway and they’ve been poor for a while. It’s got to be addressed.

“When something is not quite sticking, you’re going to try to throw them firmer. With that, your shoulder comes into play and you kind of lose your action. You starting going low and you also start to be inaccurate.

“That’s why up until that point, Dave was averaging 94, 95, went down to 86 and started missing a few doubles because you try too hard.”

Another video showing some of the falls in that match: appologies for quality and have no idea what the fella is saying Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Again, wow. Just WOW. Well I'm going to add it to the list of do not buy and will make that recommendation if someone asks. All these issues are new to me. I guess I should have done more research.
I still like Unicorn.. just not the board.
Hypothetical scenario. Let's say in a championship game darts are falling out left and right and both players make a formal complaint. At this point everyone agrees that it's not the darts. Will they swap boards on the spot? I figure they have spares on hand just like any professional sport.
Yes I remember Mardle's criticism - the first time anyone directly connected to the PDC, and on television, openly criticised Unicorn's boards. It forced Edward Lowry to address the situation on Twitter and say that they would be looking into the manufacturing process of the boards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Is this particular new Unicorn eclipse HD2 worth buying? Kipras Rackauskas 14 1,326 04-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Paldini-fc
  Unicorn eclipse pro Jakey32 9 980 01-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Jakey32
  Unicorn Eclipse HD PDC Dart Board Daddy 9 2,817 12-07-2016, 03:52 AM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  From Eclipse Pro to Blade 4 MadMike4 16 5,186 03-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Fred-180
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro,,,,, 0ldjoblo 15 3,681 09-21-2014, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Milkysunshine
  Unicorn eclipse hd 182Dan 25 4,636 09-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Blade4 vs Eclipse pro josh93 16 5,913 06-14-2014, 05:15 AM