Shot Darts

Cover shot: T16
Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know, that before i quit (and even now in light practice), i shoot T16 when going for cover shot(s)

way is see it, if i snare a 1 or 5 and don't feel it, i can still wallop in 96 to give me 97 or 101.

for some reason i find it an easier shot that t19 or t18

anyone else go T16?
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

always T19 or T18 for me. I actually don't switch too often because of blocking darts as i am happy to throw under or over a dart. But if i throw a bad dart at the T20 (especially if its very high or in the 5 or 1) i like to switch to try to force me to re-focus. Otherwise i feel there is a good chance my second dart will follow the first.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If your good at T16 and as your not a pro I see no reason to go for it now, however u need to get comfy with T-19 in the future my friend.
T19 t18 t17 my covers
Dependent what I want to score and if im missing the t20

96 94 93 91 still good scores
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What? No!
.......eh! What-ever Floats yer Boat mate, but It is a pointless exercise... T16 is a Set-up Treble, really. I mean go mad on the board and try all sorts of Shots, I did, going for Check outs that don't make competitive sense, ultimately we need to master the competitive formulas.

Same as cover Shots, by all means have fun going for Odd-ball Trebles, ultimately though mate competitively it's none-sense going for any cover less than 18's.
what he said
no idea why i've started going there lol.
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(08-20-2015, 02:18 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: no idea why i've started going there lol.

Recognizing the problem is the first step into recovery. You're almost cured Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm not great on switching to 19s, seem to hit 7s and 3s a lot. I'd likely go T18 or T17 myself, I know 19s are important though.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I've never actually gone for T16 on my cover shot's. I always go for 19's I find the lower numbers like 19's are much easy to hit.
Highest Checkout's 
170 (T20 T20 Bull)
167 (T20 T19 Bull) 
160 (T20 T20 D20)
140 (T20 T20 D10)
146 (T20 T18 D16)

180's In 2015 (33)
180's In 2016 (6)

Best 501 - 17 darts
19s... Unless a 18 or t18, 17 or t17 leave a nice out.

187 left with one dart in hand, and the t20 kinda blocked for example. I'm covering to the 51.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Not me, I'll always go T19 (or T17 if that leaves a better out/set up).
About the only time I'd use 16's as a cover shot is with 186 left and 1 dart in hand. Or a couple other times as a setup shot. But never at a random point in the leg.
Throw 100 darts at trip 19 and only count the ones that hit the trebles, when you get to 100 you be good at T19'sGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.