Shot Darts

Target Darryl Fitton Silica 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2i8fYuGI4

This is the Silica incarnation of the Target Darryl Fitton darts, there is also a natural tungsten version available in 22 and 24 grams but the Silica version is only available in 24g. It is 90% tungsten and reatials for around £30. You can find more info on the Target site here: Darryl Fitton Silica 24g although the width and length on the site is not the same as I got when I measured them?

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

These come in a slightly thicker box than the more recent ones from Target and they are fully assembled inserted into some foam insert. The darts are fitted with short Pro-Grip stems and Darryl Fitton signature flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The Silica coating gives the darts a nice bronzed colour and adds a little to the overall grip. The darts have a nice micro ring grip at the front and a normal ring grip on the rest of the barrel save for a smooth section on the rear. The micro grip rings are about a high medium and the normal rings a medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

A little longer than what is stated on the site:

Width:

Also a touch wider than stated on the site too:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were exact match and the third barrel was four hundredths of a gram heavier so pretty good really:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels were just slightly front of centre:

With the supplied set up the balance shifted a little past centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Where else but the nice micro ring grip at the front Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed with quite a high angle in the board:

CONCLUSION:

Well I actually reviewed these a few weeks before I went to the Target launch which is why I was so pleased to catch Darryl throwing them while I was there. The reason I was pleased was because I actually thought he was a rear gripper and found that he was gripping near the front which you may think is obvious because it has the micro ring grip section there. But I thought may be he was a rear gripper and was just using that section to rest his third finger or something?

I thought that simply because when I seen the shape of the darts I immediately thought they are for a centre or more likely a rear grip. So I was very surprised when they worked very well with my front grip. After seeing Darryl throw I knew then as to why for definite Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I still cant seem to get it out my head that the shape looks like something more suited for centre and rear grippers though but the performance of the darts with my throw says otherwise.

They flew very nicely and have a really easy feel about them, just nicely balanced. The only issue I have is the fact that gripping on the tapered nose is a little thin and occasional I kind of lose control with my grip due to the thinness, but that's just me and not really a fault of the dart. I also wonder that it they were 48mm as it states on the site then they may even suit me more but I cant be sure on that.

I did try throwing from the centre though and it kind of felt more difficult but probably just me again, my second throw form the centre was not too bad but it just seemed better balanced from the front overall.

Throwing from the rear was very ugly lol I was just finding it very awkward and all over, yet I had previously thought it would be the perfect dart for a rear grip, I guess if your natural rear gripper it may be though as I think through the air the darts have a nice flight and seem nicely weighted.

So as much as I thought they would not suit my throw and grip it was nice to be proved wrong, they are not perfect for me as I find the taper a little thin but I think overall the shape and balance of the darts make them very nice to throw and I am very fond of the Silica coating, I think it has a nice feel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (nice shape and colour)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (very close)
Quality: 8 (nice)
Value: 7.5 (little more expensive than the natural version)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (very nearly gave 8.5 but some issues with the thin nose)

Best Feature: Balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

These are great darts, as are the 22g natural version the man himself sent me. I've not measured them properly as the calipers need a battery (still lol), but these and the 22g naturals look the same dimensions - the 22g are drilled out at the stem which probably accounts for the weight difference.
Was waiting for this one, awesome review! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Got a set myself, great darts.

I agree with you on the measurements on the Target website, they're quite a bit off. According to the website the Silica should be 48mm length and 6.90mm width and the natural version should be 50.9mm and 7.12mm Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers, I think the 48mm length would suit me a touch more though, but they do have a nice feel when you throw them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Excellent!! thank you for sharing such a quality darts. I would love to see some more collection of yours.
great review
wish there was a silica version of the Deller's....
Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Would almost buy these just for the colour of the barrels. Really nice looking dart.
These were the second set of darts I ever bought. They were excellent, but ended up being too heavy for me.

Another great review!

Great review Darren as always! Excellent camera you got there! What is it out of curiousity? I'm guessing Nixon...?? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts
That Silica finish (Silica is basically sand used to make glass...right?) makes these darts, at first glance, look like Copper-Tungsten alloy darts.
another outstanding review with superb pictures. Thanks Darren.

Prior to your visit to Target i was sure Darryl was a rear gripper and i was also sure these would be far more suited to a rear gripper. So much so that a couple of months ago i almost brought the 22g set as i was thinking of trying this shape of dart.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Thanks everyone!

(08-18-2015, 01:46 PM)CB180 Wrote: Great review Darren as always! Excellent camera you got there! What is it out of curiousity? I'm guessing Nixon...?? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its a Canon 700D Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(08-18-2015, 02:43 PM)rich345 Wrote: another outstanding review with superb pictures. Thanks Darren.

Prior to your visit to Target i was sure Darryl was a rear gripper and i was also sure these would be far more suited to a rear gripper. So much so that a couple of months ago i almost brought the 22g set as i was thinking of trying this shape of dart.

Thanks Rich, could still work for a rear gripper though, I think Mike is a rear gripper and he likes them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another honest review Darren and I enjoyed my coffee while reading it. Thanks for taking the time to review these.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 178 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 296 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,207 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 798 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 917 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,035 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 861 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 402 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,612 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 746 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM