Shot Darts

Shot! Nomad Dartboard Stand (mini overview)
I wanted to have a solid portable setup and the Nomad stand fit the bill. The price is not for everyone though. It's pricey for what you're getting but I was looking for ultimate portability that was stable enough to use at home on a regular basis.
There are some minor things I didn't like but for the most part I'm happy with it.
I apologize for any side way pictures.

PS- What isn't pictured is the stand in transport mode. It folds up nicely and has a grab handle. The stand is heavy though..

Room lights out.. Floor mat was not included.  

So basically the stand itself leans against any wall or corner. There are 4 adjustable rubber knobs on the back to get a proper "fit".

The battery powered LED light. The stand comes with a short USB cable to charge up the light. I went above and beyond and purchased a 15' long cable and a outlet plug. You can run the light on constant power. The light has 4 brightness settings and a flash mode. Don't know what that's for but whatever..

Board without the included foam surround. Here's something to note. At first I didn't think the foam would fit around the board. The trick is stretching the foam around the board first and them tucking in the rest. The board came as a package deal. The Alien board is made by Puma. The bull is not centered.

Board mounting bracket affixed to stand

Scoreboard/board cover. They should have made the board mounting box deeper. The cover cannot close all the way with a board attached. Weird. Maybe they didn't think about that during the design phase. Not pictured but below the board is another dry erase board for any game writing you have to do.

This was a huge issue for me. With the stand feet screwed in all the way, the board was almost an inch too high! I ended up taking off the feet. Now the board sits lower but is still isn't right at 5'8". It's probably 5' 8.25". The stand is sitting on top of the rubber mat so it's not sliding around.
Nice review mate, +1 Strange about the feet and height though?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yeah I thought I was going crazy. I measured the height with a tape and also with the Oche Mate. Worse case scenario would be moving the bracket down and redrilling new holes for it. The only thing I would need to make is a new surround since the original would no longer be centered.

Sorry meant to say move the mount on the board and redrilling into that and not on the stand bracket.
Curious one for sure
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good detailed review, thanks for sharing
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I just had a light bulb moment. I'm going to run to the local sporting goods store today to get some weight room high density foam tiles. They come in 24" x 24" section tiles that can interlock together like puzzle pieces. I'm going to link a strip together long enough where I can stand on it. That should raise me up by half inch or a bit more. I can easily adjust the legs on the stand to go up a little if I have to. Problem solved. The foam is dense enough where you're not going to sink into it.
Great Review.

I have one as well and the 15ft extension to permanently light is genius. I am going to do the very same.

Thanks for your help.

+1 from me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
Great review a +1 from me. A fine looking outfit with just a few little problems.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Here's my solution to the board height issue. I went out and picked up the weight room floor tiles. They are dense foam. There's a bit of give when I step on them but it's nothing like a sinking feeling. Once I'm set up and ready to shoot at the oche there aren't any issues. Works just fine. The tiles are about 0.75" or 19mm thick.  

Sorry about the angle. The camera distorted the image.
Hi 221b, great post and pics.
Re the bull height... if you set the legs slightly more forward (or back towards the wall) it will raise or lower the stand height significantly. Just don't worry about the height guide on the side. The unit will still rest against the wall perfectly and you can get the bull height spot on without needing to remove the legs or raise the floor.
Either way your matt is a great idea for bounce outs anyway.
Cheers
I have ordered two of these units for my lounge.

I would like to purchase the long USB charging cable now, prior to the units arriving. Could you possibly post a pic of both ends of the cable so I purchase the correct one?   Thanks for your help!  Jim
Awesome review and clear details and photos. +1 from me too me8!
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review.

I'm looking to make something similar to this, but perhaps with a fold out oche too to match the rest of the frame. I work at a steel stockholders so can get the steel and fittings for next to nothing the boss has said. What's size of box section is the frame made off? I was thinking of using some 30 x 30 x 2.5mm square box. 

Cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Alicross mini review rich345 16 971 06-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Last Post: darts999
  Shot Frontier Dart Holder Display Stand Review Getagrip 3 190 04-25-2021, 05:12 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Volute points mini review Chappers 29 3,270 11-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  mini review Kokoi Darts scoreboard Stalker 9 10,071 04-22-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post: jcturbot
  Condor Axe: Mini review vanJupp 5 1,053 10-20-2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  RD Firestone II Wallet mini review joeriw96 17 5,763 01-07-2019, 02:58 AM
Last Post: hhigashi
  Darts Caddy Portable Dartboard Stand Getagrip 16 52,073 03-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Matt Evason
  Monster Dragster duralumin stems - mini review 4737 Carlin 21 7,480 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Winmau Extreme 2 Dartboard Stand review Nathan Mansfield 8 8,128 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Nathan Mansfield