Darts Buddy

Sid's greatest quotes
Sid Waddell left us three years ago on August 11 but his legacy remains with some of the greatest pieces of sports commentary ever.

What was your favourite ever Sid Waddell line?

That's the debate fans have had about the Voice of Darts, whose linguistic lunacy delighted millions throughout his brilliant career. Here's some of our favourites...

"William Tell could take an apple off your head, Taylor could take out a processed pea."

"Even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out these angles."

"He's too fast for his own good. It's like an octopus with toothache; you start thinking about your mouth instead of your feet. Too many moving parts."

"I was a pro, but my darts just never went in."

"As Freud said to Jung in Vienna, you can psych up too much for a darts match."

"Phil Taylor went to see a psychologist and was told if he wants to get psyched up he should listen to Oasis. I reckon darts fans will get a Tungsten Supernova."

"It's like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline."

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer... Bristow's only 27!"

"If we'd had Phil Taylor at Hastings against the Normans, they'd have gone home."

"He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."

"That was delicate like a surgeon near a delicate area."

"Big Cliff Lazarenko's idea of exercise is sitting in a room with the windows open taking the lid off something cool and fizzy."

"They're sweating like a pair of giraffes coming up to a mirage water hole."

"He's about as predictable as a wasp on speed."

"That could have landed on the pupil of a fly's eyeball."

"The atmosphere is so tense, if Elvis walked in with a portion of chips, you could hear the vinegar sizzle on them."

"This is super-calla-non-fragile-ballistics."

"This game of darts is twisting like a rattlesnake with a hernia!"

"The gloves are off now. I hate clichés, but I've got to use them sometimes..."

"I can't believe my Geordie eyes."

Hard to beleive its been three years since the Legend Passed Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Far too many to pick just one! I'll never forget the years I spent growing up watching darts on TV with that crazy Geordie behind the mic!

One of my personal favourite Sid moments was listening to him when Taylor hit two (and could have been three) nine-darters against Wade - thought he was going to require medical assistance!

Sadly we were spoiled with his unique style - no one matches up to the great man, and no one ever will. Wish I had the chance to meet him, but I do know that he read a couple of pieces of my work and endorsed them on Twitter - so that's more than enough for me to brag about! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Oh how I, like all other dart fans, miss that man when the darts is on.
Nickname: 'The Tungsten Tickler'
Darts: 26g Golden Vanquish
180s: 52
Highest checkout: 152
Best leg: 16 darts
2016 180s: 8/50
Twitter: @ABGratton24 / @TungstenTickle
Sid once said the John Lowes focus on the 60 could burn holes in a beer mat, greatly missed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
One of the quotes I remember best is when in a heated match, one of the opponents was acting up a bit on stage and he said something to the effect,

"He's being so petulant, it's like he's thrown his rattle from his pram." Wish I could remember the exact quote, but hearing this, I burst out laughing.
The man was a legend and is truly missed in the commentary box, he just brought something very special with his wit and energy and he will never be replaced. Some say he was like marmite, I hate marmite but loved a bit of Sid.

For me, one of the quotes that resonates was the double act between him and Steven Fry (I think it may have been the PL final between Wade and Taylor):

Sid: "Once upon a time he was breaking all records, now he's only breaking his hearts. Nothing you can do, total eclipse of the dart."
Fry: "Aaah, Bonnie Taylor!"
I thought he was a pillock, tbh.

Bit harsh, pundy
Very similar commentator but in a different sport.....listen to fellow geordie rocky ray hudson commentate on football......closest thing i have heard to sid wadell

https://youtu.be/kHBoKB7YbxA

Best finish 170
Best game 10 darts(4 times)
Best result 2015 Calgary open runner up
2015 Las Vegas Open semi finals in blind draw
2018 main event saskatoon runner up
2019 Alberta Masters games Silver medal
Was it first live nine darter by Phil taylor in blackpool
HISTORY , HISTORY, HIIIISTORY !!!
YOU MUST CRAWL BEFORE YOU CAN WALK ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ayup Comrades

I think it was a Bristow v Jocky game, when Sid said " Jockys climbing up the curtains "

Shed

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
i do not believe my godlin bins !!
YOU MUST CRAWL BEFORE YOU CAN WALK ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The greatest nite of my darting life so far: please read! NiteEyez 26 5,608 04-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: JamieJ
  Can the greatest darts player of all time step away from the game that made him? Getagrip 22 6,862 04-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: BigCountry22
  So how long before the greatest comeback since Lazarus? Shed inn 24 3,060 12-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Greatest American Darter of All-Time? The Dart Knight 32 5,975 10-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: davidsproull
  Your pick; The Greatest World Final. ReggaeDarts 22 2,660 02-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85