Shot Darts

How to remove tungsten putty
Picked up these from Hankeys from Dusty9. They had been tungsten putty to make them a little heavier. I thought id show how i removed the putty Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

1-find a safety pin
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

2-Heat up the pin
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

3-Use some pliers to make a hook out of the pin

4-Fish that putty on out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Awesome. I tell people that own a set of Hankeys and feel like messing around with tungsten putty: "If you can remove tungsten putty from a 14g Hankey, you will have no issues with any future dart."

I've spent a good 15 min on one barrel before...I'll start dragging a piece up (using a needle or drill bit) and right before I can pull it out, I find out it's connected to the main glob and snaps back inside. lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove a broken darts stem - shaft Getagrip 14 6,707 02-02-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: tropicalpalmtree
Rainbow How to remove paint from darts EQUINOX 68 15,291 05-05-2019, 12:13 AM
Last Post: x-ring
  Tungsten Putty tutorial for adding weight to soft/steel tip darts Regulatori 74 36,344 04-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Thewho
  Made Monster Anastasia darts 3g heavier with tungsten putty and tungsten inserts Getagrip 12 2,626 02-06-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: gheagz
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,617 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts