Unicorn

My 25g Winmau Diablo Review
Welcome to my 2nd review!! I've been looking at these darts for a good while now so thought I would treat myself to a set (along with some 26mm storm points). They are approx. 50.1mm in length and around 6.7mm in diameter with a microgrip 2/3 the length of the barrel.

As you can see, the balance point is just a touch rear of centre once fitted with short stems and flights:

GRIP: I've been using my Ted Hankey darts for a while now so it felt a little odd to actually have some grip! However the microgrip is not overly severe but grips in my hand nicely without 'sticking' on release. Around 3-4/5.

PERFORMACE: These darts feel like they are on a wire! They fly really flat (even more than the Hankeys). They feel very much like the Dean Winsanleys but with a little more grip. They seem to be quite effortless to throw and I don't need to put so much effort into it.

VERDICT: These are a simple straight barrelled dart with a nice even-balance and a grip that is secure but does not cause sticking during release. An inexpensive option that would suit beginners and veterans alike. However, there is something about these darts that does not quite sit right with me and I can't figure out what it is. They feel nice and throw really well but there is something that just does not appeal to me. (Maybe because I've found my Nirvana in the 25g Ted Hankeys and everything else pails in comparison? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.).

When I get chance, I would like to do some reviews of classic darts I own such as John Lowes, Purist Phase 2, RVB Phase 2, Lewis Gen 2, etc. Thanks for looking, Nutz!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thx m8, good review! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Bump! :spin:
Thanks bud, nice review!
Will we see these in the trading section soon then? Lol

+1
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(05-19-2016, 08:23 AM)JayKay Wrote: Thanks bud, nice review!

+1

No chance. I did this over a year ago and they've long gone since then!
(05-19-2016, 08:42 AM)Serial 7hriller Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 08:23 AM)JayKay Wrote: Thanks bud, nice review!

+1

No chance. I did this over a year ago and they've long gone since then!

Ha! I thought it was from last month, my bad lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Mervyn King Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 15 669 08-03-2021, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Vincent Van Der Voort Darts Review Getagrip 12 193 07-13-2021, 02:16 PM
  Winmau Joe Cullen Darts Review Getagrip 7 691 05-23-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Winmau MVG Assault Darts Review Getagrip 9 463 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM
  Winmau Steve Beaton Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 9 439 03-25-2021, 05:10 PM
  Winmau Ted Hankey Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 8 468 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Last Post: thet
  Winmau Willie O'Connor Darts Review Getagrip 12 561 01-15-2021, 05:19 PM
  Winmau Michael van Gerwen Authentic 23g Darts Review Getagrip 41 4,602 10-31-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Winmau Overdrive 24g Darts Review Getagrip 6 1,311 06-12-2020, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Winmau Mervyn King Gold 22g darts review Getagrip 21 23,266 06-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry