Cuesoul

How did you stop switching darts?
This question is aimed to people who used to switch darts a lot but managed to stop. What made you stop switching, did you eventually find a set you loved or force yourself to stick to one set? I can't stick with the same set for longer than a night and it's really bugging me now.
That question applies to .00045% of the current members of Dartsnutz.

Goodluck! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You mean switching match darts or "quick throw on the way back from the bathroom" darts?
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

absolutely no idea whatsoever.....having said that i used my Anderson for almost 3 months and have been using my Carrera for a good couple of months now. But i will be pre-ordering the Lewis G3 this week. I have been through most of the darts that i wanted to try and only 2 really work well for me. Carrera C4 22g and Lewis G2. I see nothing wrong with trying other darts, as long as you don't start blaming darts for your bad performances.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I broke both arms Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. in other words I haven't. Hell even the 16 time Champion of the Worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld switches. Barney may even change during a match, and we all know about Peter Wright lol. Its part of the fun for many,many players, members but not all. And Rich is right don't blame the darts ever.
Mine happened when my desire to get better over rode my curiosity. Will I switch in the future, probably, but not near at the rate I once was Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Customs!

Won some sets of customs designed exactly how I wanted them, still get the urge to try different darts (mainly due to them looking nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) but me match darts have remained the same and I can see no reason to change any time soon.

I have gone from getting 4 or 5 sets a month (swaps or buys) to, since last August I have actually only bought 2 sets, have swapped a couple of sets (won a couple too) but actually only bought the 2 - for me that is unheard of since the day I joined a darts forum maybe 5 or 6 years ago Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Easier said than done, but the only way is to get rid of all but one set, then you have no choice. I was discussing this with Wayne Mardle at the Target launch and he said exactly the same thing, more than one set is too many distractions. He also said that once Target have given him his new darts, he will get rid of his old Harrows darts and stick with his Target ones.
Pick "THE" set, sell/bury/hide/destroy all other sets and stick with "THE" set.

I was playing in a league with a set of Bottelsen Hammerheads and a guy who sold darts here and there gave me a different set to try. I had them for a few months, then started trying other darts......that was 15 years ago Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If you find an answer, please tell me - I'm long overdue to have a "one and only" set.
Wish someone could show me how to stop! I always stick with one set in matches but I just love to collect different styles and weights to try at home. I always use the same stems and flights however so I suppose, to quote Meatloaf, '2 out of 3 ain't bad'.
I'm not sure either. I think that I found "the set" for myself recently however. I swapped for a set of carrera c3s and absolutely love them. It hasn't stopped me from buying and swapping other darts though! I'm probably going to post a bunch for sale on here soon just to stop distracting myself with 10+ sets to try out. Maybe get down to 2 or 3 and acquire an extra set of C3s as a backup if I intend to use those exclusively.
I guess I’m one of “the very, VERY few”... I was out of shooting for >20 years, got back into it, my old darts didn’t work quite right any more, I started trying others and ended up with almost 2 dozen sets in six months. I realized “I had a problem” and I HATE those damn 12-step meetings, so I chose to take control and resolve the problem myself. I picked the set I liked best out of the ~2 dozen sets I had and I’ve been sticking with them. I’ve sold off a few sets, I’m giving my son 2 or 3 sets for his birthday and I’m going to sell off some more sets. I’ll keep a few sets other than my “chosen darts”, but they’ll just be for screwing around with when I’m having a bad hair day. 99% of my practice and all of my league/tournament shooting will continue to be with the set I chose to stick with.

For all my experimenting with different barrel weights and shapes, the only thing I really proved to myself is that with a few minutes to warm up and acclimate, I can shoot almost any darts with around the same level of proficiency. The whole hunt was at least half wasted effort, although it did get me to the one set I chose. IMO---choose the one set that feels and works the best for you or that you like better than the others and stick with that set. I saw a noticeable improvement after a few months of practicing an hour a day. I think you will, too.

The hardest part is not hitting up a credit card every time I see something new, shiny and inviting, but I’m doing fine--- 5 months this week without buying anything! I don’t even care when I see the new annual releases from the major manufacturers and I’m (almost) done looking at the DNF B/S/S listings every day. I’ve got “my darts” and I’m sticking with them until I see something new with a written guarantee from the manufacturer that they’ll improve my shooting by at least 10%.

The probability is overwhelming that keeping on switching around won’t improve your shooting, so it’s a matter of mustering the self-discipline to pick a set and stick with them--- IF and when you decide you want to. It’s kind of like stopping smoking--- it’s not easy and the withdrawal is no fun. Good luck with it!
I haven't
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

It depends what way you look at it. After I tried lots of different shape darts (scallops, bomb shaped, tapered etc) I settled on a straight barrel then narrowed it down to the dimensions I was most comfortable with. Over the last couple of years I went from Lewis gen1 to Lloyd 21g then to Lewis gen2 21g. I feel that these were essentially the same dart just with a different tweak to the grip. I guess most people are the same and maybe include some of the pro's in that. The same dart with a little twist, nothing really dramatic.

After I got the Lewis gen2 that were brand new I noticed they were quite grippy for a couple of weeks but the edge wore off them and I missed that original grip. I decided on buying Bob Andersons, which are very grippy, but the dimensions are still very close to the Lewis darts.

I suppose that there are two groups. Ones that love trying out different darts just for the fun of it and those that are narrowing down the search for their ideal dart.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What can stop MVG? MontMozart 32 1,764 10-25-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Constantly switching Darts TheBetrayed 18 855 04-24-2019, 06:39 AM
Last Post: TheBetrayed
  switching numbers whippet0 5 607 07-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Switching weights when in a funk? xxmurrxx 14 1,417 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: whippet0
  Does your dislike for players stop you buying their darts etc? Leeatherton 56 5,425 04-20-2018, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Richa