Darts Buddy

Buck's Barrels: Unicorn Boris Kolsov 21g (95% Tungsten)
Because I love darts reviews and cant pass by a dartshop without buying anything, I thought why not review some of my tons of darts. I want to start of (what could end up as a series) with the Unicorn Global Boris Koltsov Darts I just found in my mailbox. Please excuse my pictures (I am not a good photographer) and my english (I am german Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Tungsten Content: 95%
Diameter: 6.30mm
Length: 46.00mm
Weight: 21g

Unpacking...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And finally here they are...

I am not sure if its due to my caliper or the difficulty to get the measurement right on the edges of the grooves, but it seems that the barrels tapered a little bit.
After seeing pictures Unicorn released I thought they were straight. Anyway its only a very small taper.

Unfortunately I cant show you the weight of the barrels, because my scale only shows one decimal place.

Now lets get down to business. I tried a lot of different flights and stems because these 46mm barrels are quite a good bit shorter than the darts I normally would throw. I ended up with Harrows Supergrip Medium stems and Harrows Standard Optix flights.

Conclusion:
After a couple of days of throwing them I am surprised how good these workout. The grip has a nice feeling and is less aggressive as it looks. Kind of reminds me of the Unicorn Joe Cullen or Barneveld Phase 1. The darts are flying very straight and I got more often 3 darts in the 20 than with a lot of other darts I have thrown. Anyway I dont think I will keep these darts. I have a good feeling throwing them and they seem to fly nice and straight, but however I perform better with other darts. I dont know what the cause is... maybe the short barrel.

For people who like short barrels it could be a welcome change to most short barrels that have a Lowe kind of shape. As far as I am concerned there are not many straight barrels on the market that are shorter than 48mm. All in all the Unicorn Boris Koltsov is a nice dart to throw, but unfortunately not particular for me.

There is only one negative thing to mention: Again Unicorn has problems with the quality of their products. There its the paint that should be between the grooves but in this instance its all over the barrels. Some people may say, "What do I care? They fly nice. Thats the only thing that matters". Surely you can think like that. But if I pay 32 pounds for a set of darts I expect them to look like that. Otherwise I can use no-name stuff for the half of the price. A big name in darts like Unicorn should stand for outstanding quality, relating to this product its not the case.

I hope this picture is good enough to show you the deficiencies concerning the painting.

Price: 6,5/10 - 32 pounds (Could be cheaper)
Grip: 6/10 - not too grippy but a very nice and comfortable feeling
Accessory: 9/10 - As usual Unicorn has everything you need: Case, stems, fights and flight protectors. Although I will never use any of these accessories
Quality: 6/10 - As almost always Unicorn has problems regarding quality control. I mentioned above in my conclusion
Overall: 7/10 - A nice little dart for players who like shorter straight barrels, a lot of accessories and dont mind a lack of perfection regarding the look of the dart
When I glanced at your thread I thought it said " Boris Karloff " darts . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review ,thanks for posting .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Nice one Fabian, great to see more members expressing their own views of products! Well done too so a +1 to you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the look of the grip on them but are they really only 46mm they look longer?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well done buckshot on the review.
Boris' darts are a set I am very curious about.
I like how short it is for a 21g darts but I am worried by how intense the grip is.
Thanks to ur review my curiosity is satisfied! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looking forward to ur future review, man!
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review thank you. Your English is very good too. Very interesting darts. I had a set of phase 1 barney darts and the paint on those was also on the barrel as well as in the grooves. I agree that this is not really acceptable.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Super review. Danke Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
may all the doubles be with you

(08-02-2015, 06:49 PM)The G Wrote: When I glanced at your thread I thought it said " Boris Karloff " darts . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review ,thanks for posting .

Should I know Boris Karloff? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(08-02-2015, 07:13 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one Fabian, great to see more members expressing their own views of products! Well done too so a +1 to you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I like the look of the grip on them but are they really only 46mm they look longer?
Thanks, your reviews inspired me. Yes, they are 46mm. Its a bit strange, they really dont look and feel like 46mm. Hard to explain...

(08-02-2015, 07:40 PM)Mr.K Wrote: Well done buckshot on the review.
Boris' darts are a set I am very curious about.
I like how short it is for a 21g darts but I am worried by how intense the grip is.
Thanks to ur review my curiosity is satisfied! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Looking forward to ur future review, man!
Maybe you can have mine. But I am not sure yet whether to keep them or not.

(08-02-2015, 07:57 PM)rich345 Wrote: Great review thank you. Your English is very good too. Very interesting darts. I had a set of phase 1 barney darts and the paint on those was also on the barrel as well as in the grooves. I agree that this is not really acceptable.
To me its not suuuch a big issue that I would return them. Its just not the way it should be.

(08-02-2015, 08:08 PM)Fred Raket Wrote: Super review. Danke Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bitte.
Nice review! It's great to see darts as they really look.

I remember Boris Koltsov in the World Cup and World Championships, seemed quite a decent player from what I remember.

We need more players from all around the world who can qualify for TV events and promote the game in there own countries.

I always look forward to peoples reviews. It's always helped me when I decide on buying a set be able to see what I'm actually buying!
Quality review Buckshot Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Those type of darts with that kind of grip seem very popular
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Does anybody know if the current T95 darts by Unicorn are these darts without the paint job? They look similar?
Good review BuckShot. Thanks for your time. Your English is fine, you should hear my German (LOL). Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the next review. Thanks again.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-13-2017, 01:50 PM)Angel of darts Wrote: Does anybody know if the current T95 darts by Unicorn are these darts without the paint job? They look similar?

More or less  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Give Getagrip a PM he have both on hand he will tell more precise  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)

(12-13-2017, 01:50 PM)Angel of darts Wrote: Does anybody know if the current T95 darts by Unicorn are these darts without the paint job? They look similar?

Other than being a wee bit (1.60 mil) longer in the 22 gram version, I'd say they're the same barrel yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn, RVB Phase 5, World Champion, 18G, 90% Tungsten, Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 6 2,173 02-28-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Unicorn Golden Hero T95, John Lowe, 95% Tungsten, 16G Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 28 4,617 08-07-2018, 08:31 PM
  Unicorn Golden Hero T95, John Part, 95% Tungsten, 16G Soft Tip Darts Review Ehudakineyah 5 2,374 08-06-2018, 09:38 PM
  Unicorn Gary Anderson World Champion Phase 3, 90% Tungsten, 18G Soft Tip Darts Review Ehudakineyah 10 3,520 08-05-2018, 07:40 AM
  Unicorn, Phil Taylor Phase 6 Purist, 97% Tungsten, 18G, Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 9 2,914 03-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Unicorn Purist Phase 2, 18G, 90% Tungsten, Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 20 4,523 02-25-2018, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Peter Müller
  Unicorn Gripper One 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 36 16,844 01-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post: copigme
  Unicorn Wez Newton natural tungsten 22g darts review Getagrip 15 23,134 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Andy Hamilton 25g Maestro Golden 97% Tungsten Darts Review Getagrip 33 26,671 07-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Last Post: redhedkev