Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Ever loose a dart?
Been thinking and wrecking my brains over this ...

A friend lost a dart - literally! While throwing, one 18g dart bounced off at the darts parlor and was never to be found. Many folks, staff members as well as league members searched for two days. The usual places left and right of the board, and even under the DL carpets.

There's a pillar in between the boards with a slight protrusion of about 6 inches very high up on the pillar. The pillar is a few feet away from the boards (see photo). No body searched that protrusion nor very tops of the DL machines. I have to admit that the little protrusion from the pillar is really pretty high, so they concluded that it could not have gone there.

Somebody picking up the dart and keeping it has been ruled out as search began the minute the dart was lost.

Just wondering where could the dart have gone?

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-02-2015, 09:35 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Been thinking and wrecking my brains over this ...

A friend lost a dart - literally! While throwing, one 18g dart bounced off at the darts parlor and was never to be found. Many folks, staff members as well as league members searched for two days. The usual places left and right of the board, and even under the DL carpets.

There's a pillar in between the boards with a slight protrusion of about 6 inches very high up on the pillar. The pillar is a few feet away from the boards (see photo). No body searched that protrusion nor very tops of the DL machines. I have to admit that the little protrusion from the pillar is really pretty high, so they concluded that it could not have gone there.

Somebody picking up the dart and keeping it has been ruled out as search began the minute the dart was lost.

[Image: https://clprodn.smugmug.com/photos/i-FSr...J7mZ-L.jpg]

i have never lost one
two weeks ago someone lost a barrel ,flight went one way barrel went down
older black widow double boards , somebody tillts the whole thing up
while everyone else searching and feeling around 20 mins later
it comes up m.i.a. never to be seen again .
only thing i can think of is it has wood paneling and it slipped behind the wall
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i let him use my aura's ,and he likes them better than his old darts
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php...olen+darts
Lol attach a GPS device on your darts.
Thanks Saber.

That thread looks more to be for stolen or forgotten darts (mostly stolen), and besides, it's in the general population (steel rules). Soft is kinda crazy in the way darts can bounce off something, spin and go absolutely helter skelter and go in crazy directions ... quite different I guess from steel tip. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I thought I'd get more relevant response in the soft tip section, but if you want to shift it to the other thread, please go right ahead. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-02-2015, 01:03 PM)181-3dartout Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 09:35 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Been thinking and wrecking my brains over this ...

i have never lost one
only thing i can think of is it has wood paneling and it slipped behind the wall

1813DO, Wall looks to be hard. Most likely plaster finish on concrete.

I once had a set of Mervyn King darts in my car and my car was crashed into and wrote off (the car was parked in front of the house so luckily no one was in it) found two of the darts while getting the sat nav and CD player out but never found the other one.
(08-02-2015, 01:03 PM)181-3dartout Wrote:

i have never lost one

we found the barrel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. last night after 3 weeks
i bet the board has been tilted and looked under 15 times
some darts it takes 16 times to find Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

Congrats on the find! I'm sure the owner is really relieved ... or not, since he's probably thinking of your Auras! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I loose TV remotes and my favorite black pants BUT thank the heavens never my darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
A brother of my ex lost one of my darts, a 22g gold Datadart Mervyn King which I had imported in 2007. I was not happy and spent hours looking on the floor and under everything. It eventually turned up about 2 months later, he'd missed the board by about 3 foot and it had gone past the end of a wall and lodged itself in a set of full coat hooks that were on the wall, lifted up my winter coat on a cold day and there it was.
Playing since: 2003
180's: 32 (2016) 55 (2017) 94 (2018) 36 (2019 - So far)
Highest checkout: 170
Darts Used: 23g XQMax MVG Originals
Best 501: 11 Darts. Best 301: 8 Darts
Favourite Players: Taylor, Wright, King, Lowe, Lloyd
Played at a cafe once. Dart bounced out, keping going, went to look for the dart and nada. Found the flight but the barrel was never to be found. Checked under and moved the machines around nothing.

Someone may have hijacked it but it was never found.

Loved the set so had to get another set. Played a blind draw tournament that same weekend with a 2+1 haha.
It's funny how maddening losing one dart can be. About 10 years ago, I had my board in my basement. I was using a new set of 95% tungsten ringed barrels, 24 grams. I had a bounce out and there is no way possible that I would lose it but I tore the place apart at least 20 times. Never found it. Nutz.
The dart is where you think it can't be. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Look in the places you think it can't have gone.
(08-28-2015, 02:01 AM)Chardotz Wrote: The dart is where you think it can't be. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Look in the places you think it can't have gone.

Datz da problem Chardotz!

The minute you think of where it could have not gone, it reads your mind and shifts! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.