Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Target Elysian
These darts look amazing but I've just seen them online for £275. I know they're limited edition but that price is crazy.
Playing since: 2003
180's: 32 (2016) 55 (2017) 94 (2018) 36 (2019 - So far)
Highest checkout: 170
Darts Used: 23g XQMax MVG Originals
Best 501: 11 Darts. Best 301: 8 Darts
Favourite Players: Taylor, Wright, King, Lowe, Lloyd
Mabye the price is right and only crazy pople buyGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Heh, still not bad when you compare them to other hobbies Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

As I've said elsewhere on here for a work of art (which is what they are) then they are a hell of a lot cheaper than spending millions on a painting by Monet or Picasso
Well the Voks Overlord are cheaper and have more machining time in them and I consider those I work of art too, but I realise not everyone will like them, but it takes 15 hours to make the Overlords and only 5 to make the Elysian but the Elysian is not just the barrels it is the whole thing which is meant to be totally exclusive to that dart, the flights, the flight protectors etc so your paying for something limited and luxury packaged and therefore only likely to appeal to collectors and not for people to play with unless your mega rich and buy 1 set to use and 1 set to display.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I agree with MC. Spending £275 for the absolute showpiece in my dart collection isn't that bad at all. Heck, I spent $120 on a seatpost for my bike that I use everyday. If I remember right, I sold the grips from that brand new bike for $200! That's right, a set of BMX grips for 2 bills. So dropping $425 for a set of awesome, extremely rare darts makes total sense to me. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was a collector.
It's a shame that such a showcase will be sat in a cabinet and never used and appreciated by very few who see them. I hope they will be truly limited, I remember target releasing the Colin Lloyd pure range of which I have a 21g set numbered 0015, which cost £35 and have been used, but these later went into full production.
You can definitely look at these from different perspectives. They cost a small fraction of the price of a high-end competition archery outfit and a very small fraction of a high-end competition shotgun or a high-end set of golf clubs. At the same time, they cost ~12x as much as my Harrows Wolframs, which are far better darts than I am a shooter and will be all the darts I’ll ever need. Similarly... they’re a great dart collector’s dream masterpiece, but then it’s also a shame to just put them away in a closet.

So---the bottom line is... Pick your perspective and pick your attitude. There are a lot of “right” perspectives and attitudes and no “wrong” ones. Anybody who has the available leisure money and the desire will probably end up regretting not having bought a set of these. Until the next, even better and even fancier set comes out, anyhow.......
I would, and previously have paid £200.00 for a set of darts. But back then i was financially better off Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My set are ordered Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-02-2015, 03:04 PM)Adams Wrote: You can definitely look at these from different perspectives. They cost a small fraction of the price of a high-end competition archery outfit and a very small fraction of a high-end competition shotgun or a high-end set of golf clubs. At the same time, they cost ~12x as much as my Harrows Wolframs, which are far better darts than I am a shooter and will be all the darts I’ll ever need. Similarly... they’re a great dart collector’s dream masterpiece, but then it’s also a shame to just put them away in a closet.

So---the bottom line is... Pick your perspective and pick your attitude. There are a lot of “right” perspectives and attitudes and no “wrong” ones. Anybody who has the available leisure money and the desire will probably end up regretting not having bought a set of these. Until the next, even better and even fancier set comes out, anyhow.......

Well said with extremely wise words.

I didn't expect this tread to go this way in conversation. I was thinking more of Targets profit margin. Ok the quality's nowhere near the same and they are not limited, but for manufacturing cost purposes, Unicorn's Barney Phase 5 darts, a blend of natural, gold and black titanium coating, are priced at £50, so unless the Elysian's are some revolutionary new manufactured darts, which it's hard to tell at first glance but don't appear to be (unlike some of the new monsters that custom makers would struggle to replicate), I'm struggling to understand what must be a huge mark-up.

I'll admit, I'd love to have a set but telling my wife I'm spending £275 quid on a set of arrows when we've got a 3 month old son would probably be suicide.

I'm worried Target could be testing the market. Unicorn started the hike with the Phase 5 Rosso, bout 60 quid, Target have gone to 80 with the power 9-Fives, hats off to them because they are a nice dart and I hope the guy who created the pixel grip has been well rewarded, but if the Elysian darts sell quickly, will the next generation be priced 100-300 quid? It's a worrying thought.
no dont worry, it would kill their business if they started to sell all their darts at such high prices so it is not good business sense.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I am a bit confused cause perfect darts set my order to the status "shipped" ???
Greetings from Cologne, Germany
I must say that I am very cautious after the Ando fiasco. They look beautiful, but not that nice lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-03-2015, 08:42 AM)Getagrip Wrote: no dont worry, it would kill their business if they started to sell all their darts at such high prices so it is not good business sense.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's something that happens in other areas, you create demand for the top of the line stuff so you can charge an exorbitant amount for it and off set it by creating a junior brand that is outsourced and makes a good product at a reasonable price however people just save for the high end and you keep pushing that price up. Just like when Rolex created Tudor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elysian First Edition soft tips, any for sale? Getagrip 0 502 10-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Elysian 3 Doubledouble 12 2,222 12-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Thoughts on the Target Elysian TheJug 17 9,308 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Th3BigFish
  Target Elysian darts set 141 arrives!!! Getagrip 46 9,662 09-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Shroker