Harrows Darts.

Target Carrera C13 23g darts review

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3mql6LZ4LM

I have had a few darts with the Pixel grip now and I was the first to review the Carrera C3 when they came out a few years ago and I was quite keen on the Pixel grip at the time but I felt on the C3 that the grip felt better when it was closer as it was on the front of the C3. Its a strange grip to describe really but you have to try it to see if its something you will like. When I seen the C13 model I was interesting in the shape of these and curious to see how the Pixel grip felt with this so had to try a set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts are 90% tungsten and retail for £48 and they are available in 23 and 25 grams, this is the 23g version. You can find more info on the Target site here: Carrera C13

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts are in a slimline box and are already set up inserted into a foam tray. They are supplied with Carrera Flights and Pro Grip shafts:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see the darts are a straight barrel with what I thought was a kind of flat square shaped scallop but after seeing my pics I realised it is a curved scallop albeit a shallow one. The grip level is mainly a high medium but the scallops kind of add a little extra so almost verging onto a high level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

The barrels are very closely matched, just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest which is impressive with so much machining on the barrels:

Weight of the full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

Kind of difficult to gauge accurately with the shape but I would say its slightly front of centre with nothing attached:

With the supplied setup its very central:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I guess you could say the dart has three distinct sections of grip dictated by the shallow scallop, being a front gripper I gripped the front scallop and found it nice and comfy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed slightly uppish in the board:

SQUASHED DART:

I squashed the pic below to emphasize the scallop shape better, you can clearly see it is a curve and not flat like I thought in my video review above Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONCLUSION:

I was not sure how these would work for me, I don't think they are going to be everyone's cup of tea as I think the Pixel grip is a bit like Marmite, some love it and some don't. I found that the darts were comfortable and released quite well without being too sticky. I think they can probably suit front, middle and rear grippers equally well but as long as your grip falls into the shallow scallops. If it rests on the slightly wider knuckle parts it is not so good to throw from there, kind of rocked about when I tried from there.

The darts have quite a nice flat steady flight with my front grip and the more I played with them the better it felt and the more comfy I got with the scallop and grip.

The dart felt quite well balanced gripping on the front and centre and even the rear felt ok in as much as its possible to do for me not been a natural rear gripper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Overall it feels like a good all rounder and nicely made, the only question is whether your a Pixel Grip lover or not?

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8.5 (interesting looking darts for sure)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (close)
Quality: 8.5 (very nice quality)
Value: 7.5 (not too bad)
Suitability for me: 7 (good all rounder I think)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Clearly designed for storm points... They should just sell them installed.

Another nice review!

I have these darts and liked them much better than I thought I would. In fact, while similar to Mervyn king's darts (which I can't throw king's to save my life) I for some reason threw these much better. Another great review with great pics +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Cheers guys, yeah not sure why they are not fitted with storms?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Been eyeing this model for awhile. Great review and pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

I like the idea of scallops but my fingers were cramped on the Kings. THese are 52mm instead of 48mm so maybe these would work a little better.

Great review and pictures like always.
Great review like always.

I'm a fan of straight barrels in the 50/51mm range because I find even the extra 2-3mm length (darts in the 53mm-54mm) just never seem to fly right for me.

Would you consider these more of a "50mm" only because we're including that tiny extension on the nose?

For anyone with experience of both shark grip/pixel grip...comparing a shark grip to pixel grip, which one is grippier and seems to hold the grip longer even after heavy use? I just love the grip/feel of a brand new set of shark grips...they just seem to lose that sharpness quite quickly.
great review Darren! those darts look great! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Great review again! These darts scream for black storms.
Thanks all! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-26-2015, 08:20 PM)Regulatori Wrote: Great review like always.

I'm a fan of straight barrels in the 50/51mm range because I find even the extra 2-3mm length (darts in the 53mm-54mm) just never seem to fly right for me.

Would you consider these more of a "50mm" only because we're including that tiny extension on the nose?

For anyone with experience of both shark grip/pixel grip...comparing a shark grip to pixel grip, which one is grippier and seems to hold the grip longer even after heavy use? I just love the grip/feel of a brand new set of shark grips...they just seem to lose that sharpness quite quickly.

Hmm I suppose that lip can detract a little from the length.

I think shark grip may be more aggressive, pixel grip when its new feels a little like a rasp file or cheese grater but not as severe as those example but the same kind of shape.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

great review as always. quite an interesting dart.

i prefer pixel grip to shark grip as i find shark grip so grippy that it seems to exaggerate the effect of a poorly released dart.

i notice that your shafts have pro grip rings but no writing on them. i recently got a new set of C4 Carreras and mine also came with this set up. seemed odd to me that the shafts had pro grip rings but no pro grip writing on them. My older set came with Laro shafts, but i guess they have stopped this now.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Archers Vice Grip Medium
Flights: RD Standard 

[quote='Getagrip' pid='221740' dateline='1437937597']
Cheers guys, yeah not sure why they are not fitted with storms?
[/quot

Ka-Ching!
(07-27-2015, 03:42 PM)rich345 Wrote: great review as always. quite an interesting dart.

i prefer pixel grip to shark grip as i find shark grip so grippy that it seems to exaggerate the effect of a poorly released dart.

i notice that your shafts have pro grip rings but no writing on them. i recently got a new set of C4 Carreras and mine also came with this set up. seemed odd to me that the shafts had pro grip rings but no pro grip writing on them. My older set came with Laro shafts, but i guess they have stopped this now.

Cheers Rich, yeah not sure about the shafts, may be they were out before they added the name?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another top review Darren! Lovely looking derts begging for storms! Also I like what You did with the Squashed up picture, effective!
I hate you- your just the best at reviews period- Just joking mate superb review as usual.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 234 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 14 377 11-20-2020, 04:42 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 10 463 11-05-2020, 05:35 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,143 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 464 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 6 788 10-18-2020, 04:00 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 107,347 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Target RVB 95 Generation 3 Darts Review Getagrip 12 579 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM
  Target Gabriel Clemens Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,144 10-03-2020, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Target Bolide 02 SP 21g Review YoungStarDC 32 2,188 08-11-2020, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Gooddark