Darts Buddy

mini review Kokoi Darts scoreboard
So I have been using a Kokoi Darts scoreboard https://kokoidarts.com/ for a few years now and want to share some of my pros and cons of this scoreboard that I have seen.

First a few pictures of my scoreboard.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

How it works. When you score or mark in your game you spin the little white handles sticking out all over to represent your score or marks.

The dimensions according to the vendor website are:
23.5" x 10" x 1.75". (59.5 cm x 25.3 cm x 4.3 cm)
5 lbs. 10 oz (net) or 2.55 kg

The board is nice because you don't have to use anything on it. No chalk, no markers, no batteries. And that was the big selling point for me.

It has 4 x01 score sections and number 20-10 T D B listed for cricket. Giving some options of what you play.

Its been several years sine I hung this up and I didn't take any notes or pictures at the time but I believe it came with the mounting hardware I needed. It is hung from a keyhole slot in the back and a screw in the wall.

It also came with some spare parts.

Another nice thing about the setup is a lifetime warranty.

The score numbers in gold are very easy to see from the oche and so are the cricket marks.

A few downsides to the setup.

The 01 scores are a little hard to see at an angle. Even where I have it mounted I have the lean over to read the scores as the wooded box is just thick enough to block my view. Mounting it in a different spot closer to the board may fix this but I didn't want it to low and directly under the board or right next to the surround.

Your kind of limited to only playing the games on the board. Which is 01, cricket, and killer. If you want to play something else and keep score you have to do it some other way. You are also limited on the numbers of players. If you have big parties where people would throw some darts your stuck using teams of 2 for cricket or 4 max for 01.

There were no directions on how to play the games included with the scoreboard. Not a big deal but when I got this I had no idea what killer was or how to play it. I had to run over to the internet to learn.

Tight sections. Some of the white wheels are very tight when you spin them. A bur or other imperfection in the wood snags together when spinning the scores on some of the numbers. It to be expected as its wood and natural swelling and shrinking will happen. I guess that's why it came with some extra wheels to swap out. I have also found that just by using it the burs get knocked down. They create enough friction to polish the two surfaces and they spin easier. The standard cricket numbers all spin nicely now. Some of the other numbers still have spots that stick. I'm sure if I used those numbers more it would be corrected in short order.

The bottom line, would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Yes. I don't have chalk dust all over my dart room, I don't have to worry about markers getting left open and drying out, I don't have batteries in the electronic scorers, and I normally practice solo or on pro-darter so the limited game options don't bother me to much and I can always use a pen and paper if I do want to score a different game.
That's great! I seen those before and think they look cool, I would want it just because it looks interesting even though I don't play cricket Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice review of a unique scorer +1 from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hmmm. . something strange about your surround. Lol
I have some cardboard behind my board to help with vibrating. And didn't trim it prefect flush with the surround
I like the Style if this contraption. Very pleasing to the eye. Looks as though it belongs next to Board in a Gentlemen's Club.
Old school.....very nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts : Winmau Pro Line  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Amazon Pear Flights.
Soft Tip: 18g Unicorn Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: unicorn Eclipse Pro 
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I really like the look of this. Would be a really nice item to have on the wall in a dart room whether it was fully used or not. Looks elegant. stylish and a luxury piece
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

The surround though!

Excellent review. That's a nice scorekeeper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-27-2015, 04:09 PM)Cyanide Wrote: The surround though!

Ha! Never clocked it. Now I can't look at nothing else...

Stalker...geezer, put it straight, go on my Son you know you wanna.
I have the very same Kokoi scoreboard and it's one of my favorite dart accessories purchases. It's too bad that Kokoi is no longer making these as I'm pretty sure they are no longer in business. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Jeff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Volute points mini review Chappers 29 2,795 11-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  Mission Alicross mini review rich345 15 753 05-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Dave_79
  Condor Axe: Mini review vanJupp 5 824 10-20-2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  RD Firestone II Wallet mini review joeriw96 17 5,518 01-07-2019, 02:58 AM
Last Post: hhigashi
  Monster Dragster duralumin stems - mini review 4737 Carlin 21 7,219 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Shot! Nomad Dartboard Stand (mini overview) 221b 12 9,333 01-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Last Post: pistol180