Shot Darts

Red Dragon Peter Wright Snakebite 8 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zI4DP2Itf0

Had these darts a while now and just finally catching up on reviewing them.  I remember when I first saw them I thought they had a 1980's styling with the neon coloured rings but looked a nice classic straight barrel dart so was keen to give them a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

These are 90% tungsten and are available in 19 and 23 grams, this is the 23g version.  They retail for £26.90 from Red Dragon Darts here: Snakebite 8

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come with a Red Dragon XS wallet which is always very handy as it has plenty of storage for spare flights and stems, you get a rather nice set of fluorescent stems with a nice graphic on and an extra set of nylon stems, both sets come with spring clips and you get 2 sets of standard flights and a point protector:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see the grip design is classic ring style grip.  I would say its a close to a high medium level of grip as it feels quite edgy overall.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Not sure why but I thought it looks shorter than this, I think tapered noses must affect my eyes as it often seems that way with a tapered nose lol

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Darts were very closely matched just two hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest.

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the dart was just very slightly front of centre balanced:

With the supplied setup it seems to move just slightly rearwards past centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I did not grip right near the nose as it felt a little off balance there and was more comfy and better balance just front of centre and it seemed to fly well with that grip for me:

Darts landed with my normal upward angle:

CONCLUSION:

As with a lot of classic straight barrel darts I think they suit a good variety of grip styles.

These are no exception although I was not so comfortable gripping very close to the nose and the balance was better nearer the centre so I throw from there and found the darts to be flying nice and steady with a nice arc but had a very slight fish tailing at first.

Throwing right from the centre the darts felt even better balanced and looked like they were flying a little more stable in the air although as its not my natural grip I was not as direct.  

Trying the dart from the rear section though was too strange for me and was not so pretty lol

Also for the sake of experimenting I tried throwing from the very nose and it was not good, I knew it did not feel right in my fingers there though.

So throwing just front of centre for me was great with these and I think its going to suit centre grippers well also, rear grippers it will probably suit you too as most straight barrels should work with most grips, not guaranteed though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The grip is probably a little more grippy than it looks but I think it will smooth off a bit after a couple of weeks and probably be a medium to low medium level.

I like the retro type styling of the darts though, gives them a nice overall look and quality is fine, no faults at all.  I think pretty good value too.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (nice classic style with a touch of the 80'!)
Grip: 7  (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (close)
Quality: 8(nice quality)
Value: 8.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 8 (work well)

Best Feature: Overall good darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice Darren they look great and very nice review + 1 mate. Can't wait to get my mitts on them.
I still have a set of these and I really like them I am a rear gripper and they work very well. Stunning pictures as always. Great review too
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

You just tease me too much with these. Might have to get out and spend some cash but that said nice review and as always your reviews are the best
Fancy these the most of all Snakebite's darts.
Great review and pics as always .....

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thanks guys, I find this comment on the RD site quite amazing:

"Peter was looking for darts there were lower profile than his last set, with a subtle bled of balance and grip that he can't get from just parallel darts. When fitted for these Snakebite 8 Darts Peter wanted them available in 19 and 23 grams as he said they fly differently under different conditions"

Thats very specific! Wonder what conditions?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good question. It does make you wonder what's up with that? I would think that he would be dialed into a certain weight and stick with it but maybe he means practicing only?
(07-23-2015, 01:47 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Good question. It does make you wonder what's up with that? I would think that he would be dialed into a certain weight and stick with it but maybe he means practicing only?

unless its for temperature changes?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Would like you to shoot bulls ya next review. Sorta mix it up some Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-23-2015, 02:23 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Would like you to shoot bulls ya next review. Sorta mix it up some Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I shoot bulls on the soft tip reviews Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They are still not big enough, I might just paint the whole board as one bulls eye Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Might get at least one dart in then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

How embarrassing if you still missed with all three lol
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

yeah that's likely Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review, i like that setup..

Thanks Tomas Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review and amazing pics AGAIN!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peter Wright Snakebite Euro 11 Element 20g darts review Getagrip 39 24,952 07-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: sincaid
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 469 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 789 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 16,032 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 997 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Peter Wright PL15 Blue 22g darts review Getagrip 39 29,425 12-20-2020, 11:40 AM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 525 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 376 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,254 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,431 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry