Harrows Darts.

Maruone Predator 16.5g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsC3Ot3ZaMg

You may not have heard of Maruone as I think its a relatively new company from Korea but its a group of passionate darts players who have ventured into the production of darts based on exactly what they feel suits a player hence their motto "by player/for player" You can check more info on their site here: https://www.1darts.com/collections/maruone

This particular model I am reviewing here is the Predator and it is a 90% tungsten dart with 2ba thread for soft tip points and weighs 16.5g. The darts retail for $100 which is around £65 but initially they are available in Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, USA and Canada and more soon.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a very stylishly printed and slim plastic box which has a slide out tray hold the darts with a transparent rubbery point protector. The darts are fitted with soft tips and what look to be inbetween Laro sshafts and a set of Maruone branded standard shape flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see the darts have quite an interesting design and its set up for a rear grip with a nice shark style grip on the rear which is in a kind of sloped scallop. I would say the grip there is a high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

All three barrels were exactly matched and exactly the weight stated on the box, so excellent! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With just the soft tip point attached the balance is just about central:

With the supplied set up it moves a little to the rear:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

When I first looked at the darts I was expecting the grip near the middle to work best for me but when I came to throw the darts I found myself naturally gripping the front portion where the diamond shaped cuts are. I don't think it was the most comfy part to grip as that is definitely the rear section but the darts just seemed to fly well from that grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

BARRELS REVERSED:

CONCLUSION:

These are a great looking set of darts that are very nicely made but once again they are more suited for rear grip styles which seems to be a common theme with a lot of the soft tip darts I review. But having said that I know they are designed that way but I still love to try them out and sometimes find a set that works with my front grip.

These surprisingly work quite well with my front grip on the very near front, I say surprisingly because when I grip it there it feels like my fingers are kind of cramped up due to the shortness of that section because the barrel kind of has a slope as it gets wider and it feels like I have to grip it there or I end up on the slope and it rocks a little. But when I come to throw it from there it has a very nice flight which seems a lot more stable than I would have expected and stays a little flat.

The curious thing was when I tried from the middle, which is not massively far from the front grip I have but felt more balanced and yet it did not throw so good for me from there, it flew a whole lot better with the previously mentioned front grip but as we know my natural grip is at the front so a natural middle gripper may be fine with them.

Gripping on the rear of the barrel the grip is awesome and its very comfy with just the right level of grip, I think it seemed to fly better through the air here than when I gripped in the middle but as it is so far from my natural grip its too strange for me to appreciate it fully, a natural rear gripper should like it a lot though.

So I think with out a doubt its a dart a rear gripper should try, I am not sure about centre grippers, but I was surprised it had such a nice flight with my very front grip.

Quality wise the darts are great, very nicely machined and a great grip design Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8.5 (very nice!)
Grip: 7 (for the rear) (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 10 (superb quality)
Value: 8 (not bad for such nice darts)
Suitability for me: 7 (worked a lot better with my front grip than I was expecting)

Best Feature: Great grip on the rear, nice and comfy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I went to their web site and they certainly have some good looking darts. These are especially interesting and what more can anyone ask with your review? Very nice Darren
Cheers Tom Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Brilliant review and photographs as usual Darren! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The diamond shaped machining on them are very nice! Much, much much cleaner than many UK / China manufacturers! This is compared to the ultimate of vert groove machining - the JDs.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks Chris! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top notch work Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. these definitely have that Asian styling. A very beautiful dart for sure
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Yeah I think the made a great design with these, rear grippers will love the rear section Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 10,987 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Hello Darts Maruone M90 CUBE Video Review jayouloun 5 2,939 12-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Arkatek
  Maruone Cube 16.5g darts review Getagrip 9 7,073 09-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Getagrip