Shot Darts

Talisman 90 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Sw_UrGZsE

This is a review of the darts I showed a while ago and said I was thinking of getting a few sets made.

Well I got 50 sets made and have decided to call them Talisman 90. They are 22g and 90% tungsten hence the 90 bit in the name, no flies on me eh! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I will be selling them for £17.99 barrels only (with point protector) and whatever the postage is but for Darts Nutz members I will do them at a special price for 2 weeks from the posting of this thread for £15.99 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. C'mon you know you want them!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ok on with the review or is it an advertisement? Hmmm :thinking:

Well I am not really sure what made me want to pay (a big lump) to get a load of darts made, I think it was just an experiment more than anything to see how worthwhile it might be, but I originally had plans to do some proper packaging etc but cost was getting silly and it was a bit of a pain overall so not sure I will do it again. But I had an idea for a few types of grips and various designs and decided to go with this one. So I had a sample made and it seemed to be a lot better than I was expecting so that's why I went ahead and got more made.

I never designed the dart with myself in mind it was really just driven by the grip design but I found them to be surprisingly well suited to my front grip and I have been playing with them for a few weeks now and had some really good scores and groupings with them, so it was a nice surprise.

I sent a set to Tom (Slingblade) as one of the raffle prizes he won from another member got lost in the post so I have 49 sets left, the set I have been using has held up rather well for the last few weeks and I will likely keep another set as a spare so will have 47 left to sell.

Lets show some pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see in the pics the grip has a kind of edgy ring style, its got elements about it that are almost a high level feel but overall I would say its a high medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

I spent some time matching all the sets and was amazed at how many were either exactly matched or just one hundredth of a gram different, I think the worse match I found was three hundredths of a gram difference. I know they are made to a high quality standard and I think it proves it after going through them all. This set I have here are perfectly matched Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The weight with the full set up I prefer, medium nylons and standard flights:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are slightly front weighted:

Balance with medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I like the grip on these a lot, it worked better than I was expecting it to do as I was wanting to have the ring kind of proud of the two sloping rings either side so it would feel like a very small scallop but with the pronounced ring acting as a datum point for grip and also as something to push against, it works well like that for my front grip. The original idea was to have the same grip pattern through the whole length of the barrel but was changed slightly to make it a little less costly.

Darts land tail up as per my usual Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

CONCLUSION:

THESE ARE THE BEST DARTS EVER! BUY THEM NOW!!!

LOL sorry could not resist! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Seriously though I think if you like a straight barrel dart and don't want something that is overly grippy but has element of grippiness if you need it then they are worth a try. I was not really expecting them to work as well for me as they do, the grip is something I wanted to try as a kind of experiment but the overall dart suits the grip and it flies really well.

Its very nicely made and its a straight barrel style that can suit a lot of grip position but I kind of wish I had got the grip running through the full length of the barrel as I think centre grippers will lose out on that part.

I'm not going to do a summary as it would score 10 on everything lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great ad, sorry review! lol
I have a new set of darts on their way from Pure darts (22g Bob Andersons). Only for that I would be seriously tempted.
They look great quality with an interesting grip pattern. Best of luck with them.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

(07-18-2015, 05:10 PM)jc14 Wrote: Great ad, sorry review! lol
I have a new set of darts on their way from Pure darts (22g Bob Andersons). Only for that I would be seriously tempted.
They look great quality with an interesting grip pattern. Best of luck with them.

LOL yeah its a good adview, cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Wow...let me check my slush fund...interested...:-)
Nice darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-18-2015, 05:33 PM)Cat Wrote: Wow...let me check my slush fund...interested...:-)

(07-18-2015, 06:28 PM)kamikersie Wrote: Nice darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

45 left, soon to be 43 I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Lovely looking darts and love the AD LOL, Just had my Dragons modified and lightened to 22 gram and now you show me these beauties.
May still be tempted just depends how many sets I can re-locate at Southend tomorrow as I'm saving for a G3 board
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, black 36 mm Mission points points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Nice looking dart Darren well worth the price.
Any sample? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Do they come with your special musk oil/cologne?
I guess it was the last raffle we had my package was destroyed in shipping and I lost the darts I won, so Darren sent me some of these Talisman 90's and I definitely won the raffle with these.
I normally throw Madars Razma which are 25g 50.8 x 6.75 so didn't expect much out of the Talisman 90's but i was wrong as usual. They fly really nice and straight and I've been using them for about 2 months now and have no complaints. These darts have me wondering if a lighter dart would be better for me?
The grip was a bit sharp edged at first but smoothed out nicely and the width is good for close groupings.
I changed the points out to black smooth storms and with the black vision stems they look pretty cool.
Great review Darren and thanks again for the prize.
Nice looking arrows - I don't have any cash until payday on Friday but can you please put a set aside for me if poss?
(07-18-2015, 11:13 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Lovely looking darts and love the AD LOL, Just had my Dragons modified and lightened to 22 gram and now you show me these beauties.
May still be tempted just depends how many sets I can re-locate at Southend tomorrow as I'm saving for a G3 board

Cheers Chris Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-18-2015, 11:19 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Nice looking dart Darren well worth the price.

Thanks Larry Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-18-2015, 11:49 PM)majeek Wrote: Any sample? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Do they come with your special musk oil/cologne?

I will rub the darts all over my body just for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-19-2015, 12:03 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I guess it was the last raffle we had my package was destroyed in shipping and I lost the darts I won, so Darren sent me some of these Talisman 90's and I definitely won the raffle with these.
I normally throw Madars Razma which are 25g 50.8 x 6.75 so didn't expect much out of the Talisman 90's but i was wrong as usual. They fly really nice and straight and I've been using them for about 2 months now and have no complaints. These darts have me wondering if a lighter dart would be better for me?
The grip was a bit sharp edged at first but smoothed out nicely and the width is good for close groupings.
I changed the points out to black smooth storms and with the black vision stems they look pretty cool.
Great review Darren and thanks again for the prize.

Sounds good Tom, glad you like them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(07-19-2015, 07:19 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Nice looking arrows - I don't have any cash until payday on Friday but can you please put a set aside for me if poss?

Sure will Mike, I think they might suit you actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

41 left Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hey Nutz, 41 left....good price (similar to NoDors and McCoys, etc-and they're custom!!!), limited edition, made with Nutz in mind....what's not to like...if the shape suits you (can't wait to fly mine), give it a whirl....or three....grinning here.