Shot Darts

Target Pro Grip vs Pro Grip Vision
So for practice at home I use the regular white pro grips and for league night I switch to the blue vision shafts for looks.

Now this might be a coincidence but I find the vision shafts breaking a lot more than the regular ones.
Last night in summer league we played 2 matches (that's 20 legs total) and broke 2 shafts on bounce outs. Broke another the week before and they all break just above the thread.
When using the regular ones at home this hardly ever happens.

I play soft tip btw, so it's not that my darts are heavy to begin with.

Does anyone have a similar experience or am I just having an unlucky streak and need a lucky charm bracelet with unicorns and rainbows or something? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-17-2015, 09:24 AM)Red Wrote: So for practice at home I use the regular white pro grips and for league night I switch to the blue vision shafts for looks.

Now this might be a coincidence but I find the vision shafts breaking a lot more than the regular ones.
Last night in summer league we played 2 matches (that's 20 legs total) and broke 2 shafts on bounce outs. Broke another the week before and they all break just above the thread.
When using the regular ones at home this hardly ever happens.

I play soft tip btw, so it's not that my darts are heavy to begin with.

Does anyone have a similar experience or am I just having an unlucky streak and need a lucky charm bracelet with unicorns and rainbows or something? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Not sure why, but the transparent/colour stems of the known name manufactures all seem more brittle than the solid colour ones ( probably the material used in the manufacture )I have suffered more failures with the transparent types. I seem to have had most success with One80 Proplast for the transparent types (But that could be just me )
Yep, same here. I've experienced firsthand and witness teammates with the same results. I'm not sure if Target changed the formula but any of the acrylic white/red/black swirl with the clear = snap at the barrel/constantly snap flight tangs

I kind of felt like an a-hole because for the longest time I've always said, "If you want nylon, buy Target Pro Grip nylon (black, white = the original colors). Yeah, some of the batches had issues with the imprint "Pro Grips" wearing off...but the stems were tough as nails. I would go through months of abuse. They reminded of me old Laro's..that cost $5 and you end up losing/friend "borrowing" and never see them again.

The Vision clear/color types...I don't give them the same pass as the solid colors. Not sure when you bought your batch, but the Vision from 6-8+ months ago were right up there with the original Unicorn Grippers for "Is this stem made out of balsa wood?" Gold Star.
Thank you both for the info.
Vision shafts for practice (until I run out) and regular white for league it is!

Too bad there's a difference in quality, I like how the visions look.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I’ve done some work with different plastics and the different color dyes used can make major differences in the strength of different plastics. Clear plastics are frequently nowhere near as strong as the same plastic with a dark-colored dye mixed into the formulation. My experiences were admittedly not with acrylic, but I’d be surprised if the same principles and characteristics didn’t apply with acrylic.
Unfortunately this is a common issue with transparent plastics, the clearer they are the more brittle or less flexible they become. A PETG shaft may offer more resilience than acrylic and still give the same look. At the end of the day the solid coloured nylon stems are the way to go for durability at a wallet friendly price.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Pinch Grip Stems Fento 4 2,139 04-05-2021, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Spangle
  Target Pro Grip Confusion BritpopCam 8 655 03-08-2020, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  L style or standard super/pro grip stems Kenny1872 7 601 09-19-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: italNZ
  Target Pro Grip Spin Louis 17 2,660 06-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Last Post: samsimilian
  Target Pro Grip - Carbon JannerinCardiff 5 621 05-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Shafts with grip Sultan Pepper 5 921 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Target Pro Grip In Between Plus Pecker57069 4 686 05-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Target's new Pro Grip stems santi 35 11,876 04-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Blanton
  Unicorn Gripper vs Target Pro Grip? m1ghty 24 9,722 03-31-2018, 04:59 PM
Last Post: The G
  Target Top Spin S Line, Pro Grip Spin Shaft and Silencer Ancient Darter 2 1,755 03-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one