Harrows Darts.

Pick a pro.... (but you have to read the restrictions)
If it came down to strict "pro sessions" (where a pro gives you 1-on-1 lessons/tips/throws games with you), many have an instant pick.

Let's throw in a different twist.

You have to pick one present (or slightly retired) BDO/PDC pro. It can be someone new like Micheal Smith...or a classic like Bristow/Lowe.

One full day of lessons by this pro. This can start at 8am and spread throughout the day. Half of it can be at your house, half can be at a bar..doesn't matter. The pro is your professional dart tutor for the day.
It's all about lessons/training though...no interviews/questions about past tournaments/gossip, etc..

It's like a professional/personal trainer from the gym/fitness club but for darts.

Here is the part that will make you think...

You also have one full day of hanging out, bullshitting, dinner, etc.. That means you can go to a bar and talk about darts....but you can't throw darts together. You can ask this pro about other pros, past tournaments, or anything in general. All you can do is hope for the best the pro will be real/candid. If you want to ride go karts with MVG or golf with Lewis...more power to you.

Who would you pick for the multi mix of tips/training + actually hanging out?

Mine: Ted Hankey

Yeah, lot of people will give him grief about the person on the oche. BUT...he's a world champ and to this day has THE smoothest throw in the dart game.

I just feel like throwing darts/getting training tips would be just as fun drinking beers/hearing stories, etc... etc.. from Ted.
You just know it would be a genuinely fun/real experience...it wouldn't be talking to a company spokesman or hearing a sales pitch, it would be hanging out with a fellow dart player.
I think I would want a player that would be able to help me improve but would also be good to talk to later. I think Bob Anderson would be great for the first part and I am sure he is a great guy to talk to also, so I will say him Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd probably go with Hankey too, for all the reasons you stated

Unless we can resurect Jocky - not likely to be much of a coach but what I'd give for a day hanging out with the legend himself
County Durham's worst darter - Hitting single 1 for 22 years now

John Lowe all day like long!

Best throw ever, an insanely long career, played everyone, won loads & a total student of the game!

Secondly Bobby George!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

There are so many but I think John Part would be a laugh for a day!
Steve Beaton for me, former world champ, i like his throwing style and he seems a genuine nice fella too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(07-09-2015, 10:32 AM)REBEL Wrote: Steve Beaton for me, former world champ, i like his throwing style and he seems a genuine nice fella too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you're a single guy, I have a feeling he would be a great wingman for helping you with women.

I'm surprised we're staying semi-mature and not instantly going with Fallon or Anastasia.

Nothing wrong with those picks...they're just the instant/easy choices. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I also think Wade would be a great one. He seems really genuine/no-nonsense...plus he's a mechanic and we could talk about old cars all day.
Gary Anderson no doubt such a brilliant player and seems like a genuinely nice person so would be a laugh.
Terry Jenkins.Because he offer`s this service in real life
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Damn, only One....

I'm torn between Wade & Part....

I'll come back later with a decision...
Would have to go John Part, I've talked to him a few times he's Canuck and we have similar guts lol
Steve Beaton for me as well - such a smooth action and a top bloke as well

My back up choices if SB isn't available are both great blokes - Wayne Mardle (saw him in a charity exbo recently and he was a brilliant laugh) or Andy Fordham (he knows some great stories).
(07-09-2015, 11:45 AM)mikaww Wrote: Gary Anderson no doubt such a brilliant player and seems like a genuinely nice person so would be a laugh.

I met him at an exhibition a few months ago. Great person and was generous with his time.

I'd pick him also. Although Bristow could be interesting too with lots of great stories from back in the day.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

i would like to pick Bristow
1, he was my idol growing up
2, he would be a fantastic laugh on the night out
3, he has won and done all there is in the game
4, he helped turn Taylor into the greatest of all time....which i hope means he can stop me from being one of the worst of all time Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

but if he is too long retired (as per your recently retired rule) it would be between Lewis, Barney and Anderson....and i think i would go for Barney, just.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Hard one to decide...

The thing with most professional athletes is that they know a trends amount about THEIR form, but not much about form in general or what might benefit from tweaking in your form. Not sure if any of them could really help with my game, but I'm positive I could learn a lot from all their games.

Socially, I don't know who to choose. I love a good story well told, but would like to talk about other things than darts if I was to be with them for a whole day. Part and Barney seem to be the players with the broadest backgrounds (unfortunately I only get to see them on stage to guess their personalities irl). Bristow would be awesome too, and he has seen so much of the evolution of the game.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Wright yet. He looks like so much of an introvert hiding in his stage persona, but I'm sure the back stage of darts looks quite interesting through his eyes.
Dabbler and over thinker...
Just outside Montreal

Current darts: Winmau Sniper 18g barrels; Lippoint plastic tips; #4 Fit Spinning shafts and Fit Super Shape flights
Home board: Blade 4 (playing with soft tips)
Discipline: Flight School

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I read old DDN issues? TheCrane180 2 160 04-23-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: TheCrane180
  Darts Under Covid Restrictions in England Don Hagliatelli 7 788 09-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Terrence Oblong
  A good read PecosJoe 6 557 06-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Zeeple
  The greatest nite of my darting life so far: please read! NiteEyez 26 5,740 04-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Last Post: JamieJ
  There will be upcoming Draws for prizes- read please *Saber* 13 887 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Practice Partners (can a mod read please) Noj 4 499 04-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tremble
  Have you read this about Bullseye? sjmattitude1982 17 1,686 02-25-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  My current situation - please read and appraise (all comments will be appreciated) NiteEyez 12 1,443 02-11-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Interesting article to read The Jester 2 545 02-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  My blog: please read/follow NiteEyez 8 1,495 10-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: HapBilko