Target Darts.

Cricket, the Dartboard Killer
Cricket, as we all know, is a dartboard killer. Because every game ends on bull. I don't think any of the board makers are going to address the issue any time soon. Especially since it involves a dart game most of the world has never heard of. And it probably doesn't help that with certain popular pub boards, the bull can still look okay long after its ability to hold a dart is gone.

I had been thinking about this problem for a while, and I was about ready to write it off as unsolvable. But then at the pub last night, while I was waiting my turn and watching the other players warm up for their games, it hit me… there may be a simple cure. Or at least a partial antidote that could dramatically increase a board's life expectancy. Simply don't warm up on bulls. And ban it at your local. Put up a big sign. Throw at T11 or T6 instead. From what I observed last night, it could easily cut the number of darts hitting the bull in half, if not way more.

What y'all think?
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(06-13-2015, 08:00 PM)brenthahn Wrote: Cricket, as we all know, is a dartboard killer. Because every game ends on bull. I don't think any of the board makers are going to address the issue any time soon. Especially since it involves a dart game most of the world has never heard of. And it probably doesn't help that with certain popular pub boards, the bull can still look okay long after its ability to hold a dart is gone.

I had been thinking about this problem for a while, and I was about ready to write it off as unsolvable. But then at the pub last night, while I was waiting my turn and watching the other players warm up for their games, it hit me… there may be a simple cure. Or at least a partial antidote that could dramatically increase a board's life expectancy. Simply don't warm up on bulls. And ban it at your local. Put up a big sign. Throw at T11 or T6 instead. From what I observed last night, it could easily cut the number of darts hitting the bull in half, if not way more.

What y'all think?

I say ban Cricket insteadGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Boards with replaceable bull sections for you crazy Americans who are scared of 501 lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
buy new boards they cheap compared to what you would spend on say Golf, fishing and other sports.
I dont think I really agree with this, yes the bull may take a little bit more of a beating but overall I think cricket promotes a more even board wear. Playing 501 90% of the darts are throw at trip 20, black number if you will. Yes, some go 19 for cover, closing, and other numbers but most of the scoring happens in the 20 segment. In cricket a lot of the board gets played, 2 black segments and 4 white segments. Also I rarely see people going the points route with bull so I think most games you're looking at only a few shots at bull. Anyone agree? Or am I just stirring the pot?

-Silly American
I think it's more the fact that when you rotate the board your not really rotating the bull I agree about the treble 20 being battered playing 501 but you've got 9 others to go at by rotating and only one bull Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also we play a version of cricket called tactics that includes any 3 double and any 3 trebles and sometimes down to 10 lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Whatever the reason, it seems to me that in the (US) pubs I play in, the bull always gives out first. So it makes sense to find a way other than banning Cricket to cut down the number of darts that get thrown at the bull. And yes, dartboards are cheaper than golf and fishing gear, but most bar owners won't be persuaded by that argument.

(06-13-2015, 11:52 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Broken link(s) removed

My bull gets REKT. I'm American. Most American bullseye's are REKT

:dartsthrow::lol2:

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
I have solved the problem.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ban throwing at the bull? Ban cricket? This is loony talk. The bull is the best target on the board. My first and last throws of the day are always at the bull. True, the bull goes first. My center ring is starting to pop out. Need to tap it back in. I know it is going to be wrecked when the rest of the board is fine. So... I'll buy a new board. And, I am not afraid of 01. Started playing way more dido 301 a few weeks ago. Don't ban the bull! Forget 40, set up for 50. Be a man.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Who said they don't use bull in 01???Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I bet people spend more per year on shafts than the cost of a new board.
(06-14-2015, 06:45 AM)BigE Wrote: I bet people spend more per year on shafts than the cost of a new board.

I don't. And bar owners don't.

(06-14-2015, 02:43 AM)Ni518079 Wrote: I have solved the problem.
[Image: https://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag2...irt0mj.jpg]

lol yeah that should work Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I forgot about the bar owner....