Target Darts.

Shot 805 21g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANLZ9LUOjvk

This is a review of the Shot 805 series 4 21g steel tip darts. I think these are very similar in shape to the 910 soft tips I reviewed before: https://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=3317 I got 2 180's with them on the VSPhoenix machine and this steel tip version has a similarly nice shape.

They are 80% tungsten and are also available in 23g and retail around £22 with free Worldwide delivery from Dartswarehouse.com, link is here: https://www.dartswarehouse.com/darts/805-4-series.html

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The box is in the usual slimline packaging with a slide out tray except this tray has some extra compartments and is provided with 2 sets of stems in inbetween size and a set of yellow transparent flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As you can see the darts have a very nice pyramid grip to the rear half and a micro style grip on the front. The micro grip is not quite as grippy as other micro style as it is a kind of flat version so probably a medium level of grip but the rear pyramid grip is very grippy and a high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Barrels were fairly closely matched, two were just two hundredths of a gram difference and the third was nine hundredths of a gram heavier than the lightest:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are front weighted:

With the supplied set up it moves more central:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I initially gripped a lot closer to the nose but found this to be the sweet spot for me, jus a little further up the barrel:

Darts landed quite steeply angled:

Conclusion:

For a front gripper like me these darts are very nicely balanced, they had a nice steady arc through the air and were comfy to throw at the front.

The micro grip on the front was a bit flat though and occasionally felt a touch slippy. The same cant be said for the rear half of the barrel which has a very impressive pyramid grip, this is a great grip and has a lot of assurance for positive control. I think if your a rear gripper that likes a front weighted dart then it will be perfect.

I found that dart worked well with my front grip but I think I would prefer that pyramid grip to have continued a little further down the barrel.

The only other thing I would possibly change for me personally is a slightly shorter point, again that is something personal to me and does not detract from the dart.

Its a very nice quality dart at a great price with a sweet front style balanceGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7 (fine)
Grip: 8.5 for the pyramid grip (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7.5 (fairly close)
Quality: 8 (nice quality)
Value: 8.5 (good value)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (front balance was nice)

Best Feature: Nice balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review of a very nice design, Darren!

Wish they had the micro-grooves (MG) in the earlier soft tip designs ... in fact, I think this is the first time I'm seeing the MGs with the Pyramids on a Shot, but I think you would be even happier if they had mini micro sharks up front where you hold.

I was wondering why the extra burrs on the apex of the pyramids, till I realize they must have cut the MG before cutting the pyramids. Not that that is a bad thing as it gives even more grip! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Eventually the grippiness tends to settle down a bit in use, partly due to oil, grime and skin, as well as slight wear and tear (for those wondering if you can get on with a grip like the pyramids).
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think they are beautiful. Really interested in that pyramid grip. Would like to give it a try.
Awesome pictures and a great review as always chief!
(06-13-2015, 07:08 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Another great review of a very nice design, Darren!

Wish they had the micro-grooves (MG) in the earlier soft tip designs ... in fact, I think this is the first time I'm seeing the MGs with the Pyramids on a Shot, but I think you would be even happier if they had mini micro sharks up front where you hold.

I was wondering why the extra burrs on the apex of the pyramids, till I realize they must have cut the MG before cutting the pyramids. Not that that is a bad thing as it gives even more grip! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Eventually the grippiness tends to settle down a bit in use, partly due to oil, grime and skin, as well as slight wear and tear (for those wondering if you can get on with a grip like the pyramids).

(06-13-2015, 11:06 PM)JayKay Wrote: I think they are beautiful. Really interested in that pyramid grip. Would like to give it a try.
Awesome pictures and a great review as always chief!

Thanks guys! They have a nice profile I think too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review, +1.
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Thanks JC Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great detailed review , and a nice set of darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks mate, yeah they are nice and good value too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

What the heck have you done 'Grip? These are suddenly sold out everywhere even Dartswarehouse! $34US is a steal.
You don't mess with The Voice of Reason. You have the right to be wrong.

Now these are my kinda dart!! Awesome stuff Darren Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(06-14-2015, 10:11 AM)Getagrip Wrote: I think I would prefer that pyramid grip to have continued a little further down the barrel.

I would agree with this statement also especially if as you say the micro grooves at the front are quite flat. Just to add that little more grip. However, if the micro grooves are flat then it should last a good bit longer than other micro grooves so if it provides enough grip then you could be onto a winner...
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Love the review and the pictures, great looking darts.
First time ever I'm not tempted as not my kind of barrel, PHEW read one of your reviews and not added to the looooong want to try list LOL
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks guys, yeah the pyramid grip is a very good style of grip but the flatter micro grip was not a grippy as a thinly cut micro grip if you know what I mean.

LOL@Chris Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Viking Raven Darts Review Used By Boris Koltsov Getagrip 13 141 3 hours ago
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 37 6,111 Yesterday, 01:09 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Zen Jutsu Darts Review Includes Rare 180 By Me Getagrip 8 364 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM
  Shot Darts Zen Tanto Darts Review Getagrip 12 562 06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
  Shot Darts Gordon Mathers Darts Review Getagrip 10 258 06-02-2021, 04:31 PM
  Shot Mindaugas Barauskas 25g Darts Review Getagrip 12 378 05-26-2021, 02:03 PM
  Shot Zen Satori Darts Review Getagrip 12 408 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM
  Shot Zen: Budo Darts Review Getagrip 4 243 04-28-2021, 02:09 PM
  Shot Warrior Tipu 23g darts review Getagrip 9 2,452 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 468 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM