Harrows Darts.

L-Shaft Carbon Silent
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My local dealer just brought in some stock and I'm wondering has anyone used them yet? Any reviews?
I've been using the normal plastic L-shaft silent and they start to rattle abit. Any idea if these new carbon shafts still rattle?
I got a set in white and i dont feel any rattle at all. The spinning part doesnt seem as loose but still will turn if another dart hits it
ok thats great to know thanks!
Lstyle truly fixed the rattling problem in their older models with the new carbon silent shafts. I won 3 Oregon Open events using those bad boys!! No rattle with the carbon and nylon mix. No abrasion when it spins. Totally worth it my friend. They're also aesthetically pleasing if that matters to you lol.
~promote darts - play darts~
Yeah, I had a set of the original L Style silent shafts and up until then I've loved all of their products. Figured it would be a close competitors to Cosmo but was not impressed with how much they rattled. I ended up giving them away and others had similar opinions.

Might have to try out the carbon fiber setup. I prefer a spinning setup that doesn't move (even during flight) and only spins if another dart hits it.
Hi guys,

- Would these work with a normal flight ?
- Also, where can i buy them from in Europe ?
- Would those work with a Whizlock Cap ?
I have used both the carbon locked and spinning and I prefer the locked over the spinning. It may just be my back luck with the L-style plastic stems that is keeping me hesitant. I had 1 set of locked stems break on the very first throw with them. Not even a bounce out the dart stuck in the board and the stem snapped and fell to the floor. I had a set of the old silent shafts and the spinning cap popped off the dart when it stuck another in the board instead of spinning. I popped it back in and threw it again and this time with out striking another dart it popped off again. I went over the the carbon locked set I had gotten and never had an issue. I still have that set of stems after 2+ years and they are still going strong with countless bounce outs.

I may have just gotten some dude shafts but every time I throw the carbon spinners I feel like the plastic/nylon is going to break on me like the other sets from L Style. The good side is I did throw a 3 day event with the spinning Carbons and they lasted and there is no rattle on them. And they spun out of the way as intended. I may be making the switch over to full time spinning just still not sure if i want to make the full commitment yet.

@gudasoft
Yes they work with a normal flight if you use a shell lock punch and cap.
Not sure is whizlock and shell lock are compatible so I can't help there.
I love the Silent Carbon Slim 300 I got a set and 2 as a back up haha
Bought them a month ago and while i must say that the quality is superb and i basically never have to adjust a flight, they still do rattle quite considerably for my taste and after a while start spinning way too easy. Still by far the best shaft i bought up to date i just wish the rattling would be fixed.
Where in the uk can you get these atm? I've looked at most websites and couldn't find these particular ones.

Darts: Peter Wright Mamba 22g
Highest Checkout: 170
Highest Match Checkout: 150
Best Dart Leg: 11 darts
Best Match Leg: 13 darts
I use them.... no rattle at all for me. I really love the setup I am using right now.
I was a bit hesitant because of the shafts only being carbon on the ends, but I don't regret buying them at all.

(08-13-2015, 01:28 PM)Jugger Wrote: I use them.... no rattle at all for me. I really love the setup I am using right now.
I was a bit hesitant because of the shafts only being carbon on the ends, but I don't regret buying them at all.

I bought those on w-darts.com, might be an old batch not sure. What i am absolutely sure of is that one of the darts started rattling after a couple of throws and the rest followed the next few weeks.

Order date : 24/06/2015

Here is all 3 darts, probably have to turn your volume up:

Compared to a normal shaft:

(08-13-2015, 12:57 PM)Gadasoft Wrote: Bought them a month ago and while i must say that the quality is superb and i basically never have to adjust a flight, they still do rattle quite considerably for my taste and after a while start spinning way too easy. Still by far the best shaft i bought up to date i just wish the rattling would be fixed.

I haven't been able to find then in any European store, that doesn't require an arm and a leg for them. Buy them over at w-darts.com, delivery is usually within 5-7 days. You also get a tracking number and all that nice stuff.
(08-13-2015, 01:49 PM)Gadasoft Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 01:28 PM)Jugger Wrote: I use them.... no rattle at all for me. I really love the setup I am using right now.

I bought those on w-darts.com, might be an old batch not sure. What i am absolutely sure of is that one of the darts started rattling after a couple of throws and the rest followed the next few weeks.

Order date : 24/06/2015

Here is all 3 darts, probably have to turn your volume up:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjdKZTsg...e=youtu.be]

Compared to a normal shaft:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoMcRK4O...e=youtu.be]

Are those the carbon laro shafts? or the l-shafts?
I notice you are using traditional flights with them?

I can't really hear the rattle, but I believe you.

I've been using the same set of flights and l-shaft slim silent spin carbons now since June, no rattle at all. Nasty bounce-outs and some pretty heavy dart contact.

Could be an older batch for sure, maybe the taper on the slim shafts makes it tighter? I don't know.

Those are L-Shafts Silent Carbon and the rattling is unfortunately real, even as i hold them and bring them into position to throw. I guess i can ask at w-darts.com , wouldn't surprise me with my luck if they were old batch.

I am using normal flights with a cap, but the problem is 100% between the polycarbonate and carbon parts it just rattles visibly and when touched slightly with a finger.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Carbon Ti Pro Eddie_Arrow 3 339 03-31-2020, 01:31 AM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF
  Regular or carbon shaft? saturationnn 15 946 03-14-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Cloud 9
  Carbon shafts Sam coakley 15 1,406 07-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  L-Shaft Carbon 260 Lil E 3 588 10-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  L style carbon Ed180 38 5,030 03-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  L-SILENT: How to get RID of the RATTLE! Ancient Darter 12 2,709 01-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Weight of fit flight shaft carbon size 1 TheCrane180 4 1,728 10-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180
  A question about Carbon-Shafts and shaft breaking Robin Hoods JoelH 14 4,679 10-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Gada