Double Top Darts.

Which type of stem
Hello darts nutz I'm currently using alamo stems but sometimes find the flights hard to get in and I'm running low stems any advise of good stems to buy I normally buy from red dragon but open to other places

Thanks
Wayne
Board: blade 4 
Darts:RD 27g double 16 elite
Stems:RD short nylon ring grip
Flights: RD hardcore standard punched 
You’ll get some fired-up opinions in answer to that question. Some prefer the common, cheap (“durable”) nylon shafts, some like aluminum and others like fancy designer shafts (polycarbonate, carbon fiber, titanium, and some have bubbles trapped inside them). You can get fixed shafts or spinners that allow the flight to spin when hit by an incoming dart (and thereby theoretically cutting down on deflections). The choices are nearly endless and so are the opinions and arguments---and that’s not even taking into account whether you use spring-type shaft rings, solid collars, Whizlock caps or other fancy proprietary systems.

The inexpensive, basic “durable nylon” shafts are the cheapest and are pretty durable. Overall, they’re so inexpensive that whatever drawbacks they might be said to have are close to inconsequential.
Iv just tried the taylor gen 2 stems but I'm going through the tops so fast iv seen a lot of people using the pro grips stems but never used any spring stems before
I use nylon shafts with spring rings ( multipack bags ) from Red Dragon or Pro Grip and always with punched flights.
I got my flight punch from Red Dragon too, cheap as chips.
Not a lover of alloy or Alamo's stems as ruin more flights than I manage to fit due to short sighted LOL.
Like the Fit system but get bored with the same colour's for too long.
RD Hardcore or Raw100 flights but love the clear to colour flights from DC too for dressing up the set up.
Not too much of an issue with robin hoods or snapped tangs.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Might try the spring stems from red dragon next time I put an order in
(06-06-2015, 07:56 AM)Wayne23uk Wrote: Might try the spring stems from red dragon next time I put an order in

I recommend the flight punch at the same time, very rare for me to lose a flight and with my poor eyes that's a bonus
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
I have always been a big fan of deflectagrip stems, they are nylon and cheap and work well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks they do some like them at red dragon is it the same kinda thing

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the hole in the stem affect the stem? DanGoldsmith180 21 4,909 02-27-2019, 11:10 PM
Last Post: None80