Shot Darts

Winmau Hi Impact 2 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Jmq5p28ag&feature=youtu.be

This is another set provided by Winmau for our DODL league. Once again thanks to Winmau! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This is the Hi Impact 2 23g darts, they are 95% tungsten and retail around £40 there is also a 25g version available as well as another model, you can find more info here: Winmau Hi Impact 2 darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a neat cardboard box which has a top flap which closes with a couple of hidden magnets. When you open the top it has a large plastic window showing the contents. The contents are in a foam tray which you slide out and the darts are in a very neat and stylish round metal point protector. There is also a set of Winmau Rhino standard flights and some medium alloy stems.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a nice torpedo shape with what I would say is two main areas of grip, the slim rings and grooves at the front and the kind of rounded off razor grip near the middle. I would say on the whole its a medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

The barrels were closely matched, just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest, so very good:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the darts were pretty much front weighted:

With the supplied set up the balance moved slightly passed centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I tended to grip these on the front slim rings.

Darts landed in my usual tail up position:

CONCLUSION:

If you are in need of a nice front weighted dart and your a centre gripper then I think these are very nicely weighted from that position and also comfy to hold there, they throw well with my front grip and should suit front grippers too but I think they were just a bit better balanced on that centre grip.

I am not sure about rear grippers though, I guess its a dart that may not suit a rear grip but it will also depend on if you like this kind of shape as much as the girp from there, but certainly front and centre grippers should check it out.

The darts fly well with my slightly loopy throw as its a shape that seems to suit that style and I did throw from the centre which was not too far from my natural grip but I threw the darts a touch high at first from there, but you should like it if its your natural grip position. The level of grip is about a medium with the centre grip being very slightly grippier, but still medium overall.

Quality is fine, the darts have a nice solid feeling about them, and nicely packaged too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7.5 (Fine)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (closely matched)
Quality: 8 (nice feel)
Value: 7 (not bad)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (Not bad really)

Best Feature: Good centre balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review, look very similar to the Manley style
(05-26-2015, 06:33 PM)ninjaskills Wrote: Nice review, look very similar to the Manley style

Yeah they are quite similar shape to them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice looking darts. To me they look like they want to smash through the board! Top pics Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

LOL may be change the name to Hulk darts?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Need to give them a green sheen first Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Hmmm, Super Hero darts :thinking:

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi there.
I'm new to the forum and joined through reviews I had been watching on YouTube. Great reviews by the way. Getting back into darts albeit not competitively.
I'm using these darts at moment but I didn't get the metal point holder so I'm guessing my set are 1st made set. I can't even remember if they were called high impact. My memory is fading with my age.
I'm a centre gripper and like front weighted darts.
So many reviews and darts out there. Can anyone recommend similar front loaded style darts?
(04-23-2017, 03:53 PM)Kevreplicant Wrote: Hi there.
I'm new to the forum and joined through reviews I had been watching on YouTube. Great reviews by the way. Getting back into darts albeit not competitively.
I'm using these darts at moment but I didn't get the metal point holder so I'm guessing my set are 1st made set. I can't even remember if they were called high impact. My memory is fading with my age.
So many reviews and darts out there. Can anyone recommend similar front loaded style darts?

Hello Kev and welcome to the forum! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Did you get them with the same packaging? I think they had a similar model before they re-done it though.

The Peter Manley darts were a similar style but there is a lot of this kind of shape.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(04-23-2017, 03:53 PM)Kevreplicant Wrote: Hi there.

They're also available from Mike Ashley's well known discount sports retailer. They're packaged up as 'Winmau Series 9' darts (without the fancy holder' and are less than half the price.

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Mervyn King Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 15 654 08-03-2021, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Vincent Van Der Voort Darts Review Getagrip 12 189 07-13-2021, 02:16 PM
  Winmau Joe Cullen Darts Review Getagrip 7 670 05-23-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Winmau MVG Assault Darts Review Getagrip 9 458 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM
  Winmau Steve Beaton Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 9 434 03-25-2021, 05:10 PM
  Winmau Ted Hankey Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 8 466 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Last Post: thet
  Winmau Willie O'Connor Darts Review Getagrip 12 561 01-15-2021, 05:19 PM
  Winmau Michael van Gerwen Authentic 23g Darts Review Getagrip 41 4,587 10-31-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Winmau Navigator 23g darts review best darts bargain ever? Getagrip 99 37,764 07-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: GONKO
  Winmau Overdrive 24g Darts Review Getagrip 6 1,304 06-12-2020, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Gooddark