Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Regarding consistent grip
One thing I've never really focused on is having a consistent grip. Probably not a good thing because I have mixed results when throwing and I never can remember exactly what I did when I do have the bouquet groupings, or hit a ton-80 (I've hit probably 40-ish lifetime, but have only hit one or two in the last 6 months).

When I'm throwing, I drop the dart from my dog hand and however it lands is pretty much my grip. It's generally a "2.5" finger/pencil type grip, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same every single time.

How do you keep your grip consistent, and how long did it take you to "find" your grip? Does it change from time to time without you really thinking about it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  22gm Bulls White Pegasus, intermediate nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, Rhino standard flights.
(05-22-2015, 03:14 AM)JayPro Wrote: One thing I've never really focused on is having a consistent grip. Probably not a good thing because I have mixed results when throwing and I never can remember exactly what I did when I do have the bouquet groupings, or hit a ton-80 (I've hit probably 40-ish lifetime, but have only hit one or two in the last 6 months).

When I'm throwing, I drop the dart from my dog hand and however it lands is pretty much my grip. It's generally a "2.5" finger/pencil type grip, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same every single time.

How do you keep your grip consistent, and how long did it take you to "find" your grip? Does it change from time to time without you really thinking about it?

I worked on the same pencil grip for 14 months. I stretched it out. Sometimes it seemed like 50mm wasn't long enough. It slowly worked its way to the back of the dart. I had been fighting the middle finger flick. all this finger interaction. I tightened it up to where it would on any dart. Still, I fought with finger interaction sending the dart askew. And then I started moving my middle finger to the top. On top of the point. I moved to the front of the barrel. The middle finger on top solved this problem. All is right with the world. You don't have to copy Phil Taylor. I know this now. Throw more darts!

Just remember this one thing, time conquers all. Put in the time.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consistent inconsistency? Dorian 32 7,055 10-17-2020, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dutcho
  Inconsistently consistent BullShot 3 262 07-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Developing a consistent throw Roberts7286 4 3,560 01-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: JDinMD
  consistent but not accurate ThomasEdwards180 3 888 09-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: repat
  I cant seem to get consistent Stevepredator 18 4,144 11-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Nucky