Target Darts.

Shot Digit 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Tw1HSoKKg

The Shot Digit darts came out quite recently, they are available in soft and steel tip and in two models the series 0 and series 1, this is the series 0 22g model there is also a 24g version. I got them from Dartswarehouse.com they are an 80% tungsten dart with a very nice micro style grip called Digit grip and a quite aggressive ring grip. They retail for around £28 - £29 depending on the exchange rate with free delivery. Click here to read more: Digit 22g darts

PACKAGE AND CONTENTS:

The darts come in Shot slimline packaging and are fitted with inbetween polycarbonate stems and Shot Digit flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

As I said in the intro the darts have a micro style grip which is called Digit, it is quite grippy in itself and a very nice grip fro me, certainly one of may favourite type of grips, I think its very slightly grippier than some finer micro grips I have tried but the centre section of the barrels has those rather vicious looking knife edged rings. The grip is quite a high aggressive grip there but at the same time it is also very strangely comfortable to hold with it been in a scallop part and the deep sides of the rings are not grabbing your flesh like they would if they were on a straight even width barrel. So my finger and thumb was kind of resting in the scallop but feeling just the edges of the bladed rings, a very nice grip really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were matched perfectly and the third was just six hundredths of a gram heavier, so very good:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

The shape of the dart is a little awkward for testing the balance but it was slightly front weighted with nothing attached:

More central with the supplied set up:

With my own medium, short and extra short stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I tried the centre grip which was fine, more on that soon but as usual I felt most comfortable with my normal front grip:

Darts landed tail up for me:

CONCLUSION:

I like these darts a lot, they have a very nice grip and feel great! The fact that I am a front gripper made me think they may not suit me but apart from an initial slight unsteadiness on my first few throws they threw really well with my grip on the front bulbous section.

I got a very slight bit of rocking at first holding it there but after a few more throws I quickly got used to them and it was eliminated. They felt really well balanced for me too.

But I was quite surprised to find that the centre section worked very well too, I thought with those aggressive looking rings it may cause all kinds of release issues for me but it was exactly the opposite, it felt like my release was nice and clean and the grip in the centre was very comfortable but at the same time nice and grippy, its kind of hard to explain it but it has a nice feel and I think its the best spot for balance too. I don't think I felt as natural holding it in the centre but I thought the dart still threw very well and would only take a little more practice to get very settled with that position of grip. The only thing I did notice when throwing from the centre was a bit of spin was induced on the darts.

I tried throwing from the rear too but that was just too strange and not so good for me.

So I would say they can definitely suit a front and centre gripper, not sure about a rear gripper though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its a nice dart to throw overall and I think the Digit grip feels good without been too aggressive, the sharp rings in the centre are aggressive though but they are kind of tamed a little due to them being in a scallop.

I actually have the 23g Series 1 model too, which I like even more, review of those soon too, but I am very impressed with these and I like the fact that they are quite unique looking but still perform very well! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8.5 (A nice unique look)
Grip: 8.5 overall and 10 for the centre rings (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (close)
Quality: 8 (nice)
Value: 8 (good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (I like em)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Interesting looking dart, I bet they do fly nice. Great review buddy
How odd.
Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

These are quite different looking, I like them :p Great review!
(05-19-2015, 06:57 PM)Kev Wrote: These are quite different looking, I like them :p Great review!

I like them too, thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

There's that weight thing again. 2 that match...

A very different dart. Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(05-19-2015, 07:10 PM)Cyanide Wrote: There's that weight thing again. 2 that match...

A very different dart. Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL yeah its weird, maybe its some kind of conspiracy thing, someone is pinching the third dart? :dodgy:

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. They are an interesting dart for sure. Wouldn't mind a throw with them just to see how they feel! I'd be scared of that centre section tearing my fingers up - it looks sharp!! +1 Grip
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Cheers mate, it looks lethal in the middle but most of my grip was resting on the sides of the 2 bulbous sections and I was only getting the feel from the top of the rings so it was not as sharp and aggressive as it looks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another top notch review, fantastic!!

Very strange dart though, couldn't imagine even holding them let alone throwing them lol
great review, still don't know what i make of this dart though. Nonetheless +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(05-20-2015, 06:53 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: Another top notch review, fantastic!!

Very strange dart though, couldn't imagine even holding them let alone throwing them lol

Thanks Shane, I thought the same when I seen them, but they throw so well its a great dart, the other model I have suit be even better though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-20-2015, 07:18 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: great review, still don't know what i make of this dart though. Nonetheless +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Nate, its one of those darts you have to throw to know Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I was waiting for this, if this set didn't get a 10 for grip I don't know what will! I think they are the most grippy dart I've ever thrown.
(05-21-2015, 01:55 AM)Ni518079 Wrote: I was waiting for this, if this set didn't get a 10 for grip I don't know what will! I think they are the most grippy dart I've ever thrown.

Interesting you say that as I was thinking of giving it a 10 for the centre grip but there is 2 reasons why I never.

1. Most of the barrel is covered in the Digit grip which is quite grippy but not a 10, so I decided to take it as a whole and with me been a front gripper I was not gripping the centre although I was thinking of adding a score for each type of grip which leads me to:

2. The centre grip is quite possibly a 10 but when I came to throw the dart from the centre because most of my grip was still supported by the rounded bulbous sections with the digit grip I was not feeling the same aggressiveness as I was when just feeling that section deliberately without throwing it.

Its still grippy of course but I tried to give a balanced overall score for those reasons. I think if I was just taking in to account those sharp rings though regardless of anything else then a 10 for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think I will add that to the summary though, as I guess some people will be gripping the rings more than I do Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Darts Ryan Muzza Murray Darts Review Getagrip 4 113 08-28-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 40 6,260 08-27-2021, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Darts Warrior Rutene Darts Review Getagrip 4 146 08-09-2021, 09:49 AM
  Shot Niels Zonneveld Triple Z Darts Review Getagrip 5 151 08-02-2021, 03:03 PM
  Shot Viking Raven Darts Review Used By Boris Koltsov Getagrip 15 300 07-29-2021, 03:06 PM
  Shot Zen Jutsu Darts Review Includes Rare 180 By Me Getagrip 8 381 06-25-2021, 05:22 PM
  Shot Darts Zen Tanto Darts Review Getagrip 12 584 06-24-2021, 02:07 PM
  Shot Darts Gordon Mathers Darts Review Getagrip 10 274 06-02-2021, 04:31 PM
  Shot Mindaugas Barauskas 25g Darts Review Getagrip 12 387 05-26-2021, 02:03 PM
  Shot Zen Satori Darts Review Getagrip 12 422 04-28-2021, 02:10 PM