Target Darts.

Dart Books
When I first took up darts 9 months ago I read a number of dart books. As everyone would agree only “doing” really teaches a person to play, but books can let you know what not to do. In other words, books can help a person stay clear of developing bad habits that could be difficult to correct later on.

Here are the books I picked up. Some of these books spend a fair amount of space explaining specific dart games which I mostly skipped over. Some are older and out of print. In random order:

The Art of Darts – John Lowe
The Official Bar Guide To Darts – Patrick Chaplin
Scoring For Show Doubles For Dough – Bobby George
A Quiver of 3 - Timothy Bucci
The Ultimate Book Of Darts – Anne Kramer
The American Darts Organization Book Of Darts – Chris Carey
Darts Beginning To End – George Silberzahn – Half read
The Definitive Darts Coaching Manual – David Kirby - Not Read Yet
Staying Power – Phil Taylor - Not Read Yet

Older books:
All About Darts – Brackin and Fitzgerald
Electronic (Soft-Tip) Darts – Fred Holmes
Complete Handbook Of Darts – Robert McLeod
The Dart Book – Madeline Dolowich - Not Read Yet

Unfortunately, I was never able to find a reasonably priced copy of the out of print “FunDartMenTals: How To Throw Well And Win More” by Frank Pratt which is supposed to be one of the best.
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points
You can get fundartmentals here, cheap. They have the rights to print them again.

https://www.horizondarts.com/category/492/books
(05-16-2015, 05:57 PM)Ni518079 Wrote: You can get fundartmentals here, cheap. They have the rights to print them again.

https://www.horizondarts.com/category/492/books
Thanks for the info. Just ordered it and waiting for shipping confirmation
Juniper Terrace Soft-Tip Darts - Possibly the first and only soft-tip darts group in Atlantic Canada!
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soft-Tip: 18g McCoy
Steel-Tip: 18g Crusader
with conversion points
I'm sure that John Lowe's Art of Darts is also available as an ipad/iphone app. Good for last minute pre match revision!
Where can i find free PDF version?
I am pleased to say i knew Frank and he was a teacher and mentor. I had a signed copy of his book, unfortunately over the years and many moves it was lost. So pleased to have found the book again. Sadly Frank has passed away, but his friendship and what he taught me when I "stopped by" the store for some flights will stay with me forever. Get his book, you won't regret buying it.
The Crafty Cockney ,Bristow's autobiography is a good read.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
A book I have read and keep referring to is:

Darts: Beginning To End - by George Silberzahn

You can get it online, and look for a free application for reading on the computer.