Double Top Darts.

Winmau Sub Zero 24g darts review

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqEcJPpWXXI&feature=youtu.be

These darts were provided a while ago from Winmau for our DODL league, been a while getting round to the review so I apologise Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Anyway the darts are from Winmau's Sub Zero range which has 8 models all different shapes and weights. They are 80% tungsten and this is the 24g straight barrel model. You can find the full range here: Winmau Sub Zero darts

They retail around £20.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in slim plastic packs with a slide of top. Inside the barrels are fitted with medium alloy stems and pear shape flights and inserted in a point protector with a hard plastic case. There is a check out chart on the inside inlay card too.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are a classic straight barrel ring grip with blue painted grooves. The grip level is a medium level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Just three hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest so very good matching.

Weight with the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was just about central:

With the supplied set up it moved a little rearwards:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these quite close to the front, it is where my grip fell naturally but I don't think it was so well balanced there:

Darts landed in the board mostly tail up but not as much as is usual for me:

CONCLUSION:

This is another classic straight barrel ring grip dart which is probably one of the most common designs really, no bad thing as I have said before as its a design that works well for a lot of people.

I am not sure why the Sub Zero range specifically comes with pear flights though? I found the darts to be very erratic with my very front grip with the pears on, they were kind of flying sideways although were sort of correcting themselves nearer the board to some extent. With the pears on and trying a more central grip this problem was not as bad and almost eliminated, but it was not so natural for me gripping there.

Things improved a lot better when I put some standards on though. They were much better behaved through the air although I still had the occasional one that went a bet sideways but it was probably my own fault overall and its likely the pear flights were just exaggerating my bad throws more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts grip is only a medium level but I suspect if you remove the paint it would increase a little. But like many darts of this style it can suit many grip styles and I kind of like the blue and silver look Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its a reasonably priced dart and should be well worth a punt if you fancy trying a medium grip straight barrel set and would make a great beginners dart too.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (A classic look)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (quite close)
Quality: 7.5 (seems fine)
Value: 9 (good)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (was better with standards)

Best Feature: Value Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Fantastic review again Darren. Thanks as always for your hard work. They look like a really nice dart. 22g and I would have brought some. +1
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Cheers Rich, I think they are only available in 24g Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always! I am really drawn to these darts for some reason. Always loved the classic look.
(05-15-2015, 06:34 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Great review as always! I am really drawn to these darts for some reason. Always loved the classic look.

Cheers, its the shiny silver and blue that attracts you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I have the bomb shaped version, is a nice front heavy dart was good to start on.
Classic multi ring dart. Those wouldn't last a day at my house without taking a 20 minute bath. Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as always Grip. Can't say I like the paint on them but nice darts nonetheless. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(05-15-2015, 08:07 PM)jebrand Wrote: Great review as always Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I have the bomb shaped version, is a nice front heavy dart was good to start on.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-15-2015, 08:26 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Classic multi ring dart. Those wouldn't last a day at my house without taking a 20 minute bath. Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah I think the grip may be better without the paint but I kind of like the contrast with the silvery tungsten Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-15-2015, 08:31 PM)jo$handaz Wrote: Great review as always Grip. Can't say I like the paint on them but nice darts nonetheless. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(05-15-2015, 06:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 06:34 PM)Serial 7hriller Wrote: Great review as always! I am really drawn to these darts for some reason. Always loved the classic look.

Cheers, its the shiny silver and blue that attracts you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Definitely loving that blue and silver. Some don't like paint jobs but I love it when done right. Have another +1 from me!
lol cheers!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Cheers for another great review.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

No problem Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thumbs Up 
Once again Great Review made Darren!

Nice to see these simple darts in review, looks great and like the measurements to.
may all the doubles be with you

Great review like always. Not my cup of tea in regards to shape/grip but still think they would be a great dart to have as a spare set for guests/friends visiting your house to play on your board.

Just a very user friendly shape/grip that I feel would be accommodating to a wide range of people...just a real classic/simple shape.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau MVG Assault Darts Review Getagrip 9 342 03-31-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Steve Beaton Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 9 328 03-25-2021, 05:10 PM
  Winmau Mervyn King Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 13 421 03-17-2021, 03:13 PM
  Winmau Ted Hankey Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 8 350 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Last Post: thet
  Winmau Joe Cullen Darts Review Getagrip 5 334 03-02-2021, 05:28 PM
  Winmau Willie O'Connor Darts Review Getagrip 12 484 01-15-2021, 05:19 PM
  Winmau Michael van Gerwen Authentic 23g Darts Review Getagrip 41 4,308 10-31-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Winmau Navigator 23g darts review best darts bargain ever? Getagrip 99 37,207 07-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: GONKO
  Winmau Overdrive 24g Darts Review Getagrip 6 1,173 06-12-2020, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Winmau Mervyn King Gold 22g darts review Getagrip 21 23,147 06-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry